• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moving Day

Guurt The Destroyer

It is an automated computer program doing it, not a real person. And it is programmed to fill spots from the center of the server, out to the edges. So when a dead city is removed closer to the center, someone further out will be moved into that empty spot. If someone has movement allowed, and their city boosts match the now empty spot, they will be moved, no matter how nice their current location may seem.

I understand that. That doesn't change the fact that I found the move to be weird.

I don't think think it was done to hurt me.

I will also say, that I can't really complain about the move. While my old neighborhood was pretty good, the new one is objectively a bit better in some ways. I do miss some of the trading partners, but I am getting a bit more activity with neighborly help.

Wolfshade

I also had mixed results in the move. I now have better trading activity but I lost 3 active neighbors, one of which I was making many zero star trades with every day. So now I cannot trade with them anymore? At all? How is that good? Is there anyway to still trade with them? HELP!!!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I also had mixed results in the move. I now have better trading activity but I lost 3 active neighbors, one of which I was making many zero star trades with every day. So now I cannot trade with them anymore? At all? How is that good? Is there anyway to still trade with them? HELP!!!
Zero star trades are a crutch that is useful to VERY new members, but if someone learns to rely on them it is very detrimental to them and everyone around them. People who consistently do zero and one star trades are not regarded with very much respect by many of the players. They are seen as greedy. Several of my friends have told me that they won't even trade with that person when they do put up 2 star trades, simply because they have already developed a negative image of that person. So in the end, maybe it's a good thing that you were weaned off the zero star trades. Your new neighborhood can get a new impression of you and you may find a lot more friends here when you deal fairly with them. Of course, if you are still new, with a score of 25000 or less, then I can understand why you would miss the zero star trades and it's a shame that you lost that good player who was willing to help you starting out. There are kind souls out there who will help very new players. You may find one in your new neighborhood.

Kinda of a newbie (chptr4) that got moved early on. Email from support said something about trading activity and the new area did have better trading partners. But to keep from loosing my trading partners again I joined a good fellowship (which took a couple tries that was before I found elvenstats). IHO trade with FS 1st, that's what FSs R there for; neighbors 2nd, high trading activity might get you moved to a better neighborhood; and overpriced wholesale trader 3rd, good for small qty you need right now or to unload surplus. There are a lot of 1/25 FS out there that help no one. If U R in one, find & join a real FS that will trade with U. Or build a fellowship with your neighbors before you or they get moved.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have been noticing a fairly large increase in the number of gold mines on my world map in Arendyll. But I feel it is a fairly good hood. Are gold mines normally a sign that your neighborhood is going to get swept in the next move? Or is it a sign that active cities will be added in the next move?

zodiphd

Something I am wondering about: on the PC platform there is a box that says "allow automatic movement to better position." And a player has to option of turning this on or off. I do not it anywhere on mobile. So I assume all mobile accounts have a default setting. Does anybody know if it is to allow movement or not allow movement?
That option is now gone from PC, live and Beta, and we weren't told about it beforehand.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I have been noticing a fairly large increase in the number of gold mines on my world map in Arendyll. But I feel it is a fairly good hood. Are gold mines normally a sign that your neighborhood is going to get swept in the next move? Or is it a sign that active cities will be added in the next move?

It means inactive players have already been moved, and filled with gold mines, and new players will join in those places.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Probably swept to fill in, but you could be on the edge of the section that was just moved,so if you're truly curious you can put in a ticket and I'll look.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Probably swept to fill in, but you could be on the edge of the section that was just moved,so if you're truly curious you can put in a ticket and I'll look.
What will happen will happen. I am just trying to brace myself in case the hood will be broken up. Plus I get the feeling you and support are very busy right now, due to all the other moves. I would not like to add to the workload out of a sheer case of "what-if". I don't actually have a problem right now. And if you add extra active cities to my neighborhood I never will have a problem. :)