• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moving Expansions

• Thread starter DeletedUser19205
  • Start date

DeletedUser19205

I'm a newbie here in this forum, and English is not my fist language so please forgive my typos and/or my expression mistakes...
What i would like to see as a new feature of the game, is the ability to move expansions.
To be more specific, when an expansion is empty or becomes empty, the user might have the ability to place it somewhere else to his unexplored expansions. And the previous place of this expansion, to become an unexplored expansion.

I don't know how difficult might be in programing terms, but it certainly will compensate us for the changes and possible not scheduled anomalies new chapters could bring with them to our bigger cities...

DeletedUser19210

I like IT :)
Wouldn't it be great to be able move a building to anyplace on the game board - because it took it's city space with it? Also to then be able to collect/place a city set-up that is pleasing rather than is a disorganized mess. Would also be a great feature to be able to rotate buildings (cultural as well as residences and manufactory's, workshops for developing unique looks to individual cities.

DeletedUser2768

I don't think this, specifically, has been suggested before, but I don't see it happening.

I have seen/read a few Q&A with whoever, and they all say that the biggest challenge in this game is the Tetris aspect, combined with puzzle slide games. To be able to clear an expansion and then move it somewhere else decreases the degree of difficulty.

By the way, your English is great!

DeletedUser19205

I don't think this, specifically, has been suggested before, but I don't see it happening.

I have seen/read a few Q&A with whoever, and they all say that the biggest challenge in this game is the Tetris aspect, combined with puzzle slide games. To be able to clear an expansion and then move it somewhere else decreases the degree of difficulty.

I totally agree with you.
The biggest challenge is to define the space you will need before you place an expansion. Even before entering in a new chapter.
But there are so many changes happens, that limits your prediction or scheduling abilities to lucky guesses...
Nerfing of many cultural buildings due to redeem people/culture between them, nerfing of KPs to APs that came with more APs resulting to build more AWs since it's way easier to upgrade them, necessary additions of new chapters with 11 new expansions, changing the way of the game play with the necessity of playing tournaments, FA is becoming a monthly game and especially when the rewards get bigger and many more small things, are practically forcing you to be hovering over random circumstances than to calculate,schedule and predict even for just one chapter...
We always trying to predict situations we shall be into, based on forum/wiki resources, our or others experience or some external relative sites.
Game becomes more difficult? I can't really say but i think we're sailing to unknown waters. Which is not necessarily bad.
I think that the biggest of our tools, scheduling our cities, is fading away.The "ability of scheduling" argument, is not as strong as it used to be in the past...
That's why I'm proposing this, as a compensation for this loss...

Btw, thank you for encouraging me to continue writing in English.

DeletedUser19019

If you read the Wiki pages they do say that laying out the town in a square fashion is the most useful. If you try to create one long row of expansion after another you limit yourself to the size of the buildings that can be placed. I have seen people that have tried make a long row of expansions and now regret it. By placing expansions in a square fashion you can easily set up rows of like buildings with straight roads. I know having a varied mix of building and roads may be more appealing to some people but it inefficient city planning.

As far as being able to rotate buildings it will remove some of the city planning aspects of the game. Also it would require more extensive graphic designs since Inno would have to provide 4 views for each building as it get rotated. It would also require computers with more memory to be able to deal with all these various views.

edeba

What a great idea. I don't think it is that useful for later stages in the game, but I do remember earlier in the game making a poor choice with where I placed an expansion making it have poor utilization and it takes a long time to fix a poor placement, which for me was when I had earned more expansions, and that can take a long time.

DeletedUser19210

If you read the Wiki pages they do say that laying out the town in a square fashion is the most useful. If you try to create one long row of expansion after another you limit yourself to the size of the buildings that can be placed. I have seen people that have tried make a long row of expansions and now regret it. By placing expansions in a square fashion you can easily set up rows of like buildings with straight roads. I know having a varied mix of building and roads may be more appealing to some people but it inefficient city planning.

As far as being able to rotate buildings it will remove some of the city planning aspects of the game. Also it would require more extensive graphic designs since Inno would have to provide 4 views for each building as it get rotated. It would also require computers with more memory to be able to deal with all these various views.
I don't know about = require more extensive graphic designs
I mean the game already rotates buildings - making one have to rearrange things to allow for the upgrade reorientation - so the building rotations already happen, just not by choice.
ALSO
I don't see why it would require more powerful computers to allow for various views - nothing would be being done that isn't already being done, it would just be allowing player choice & that (I think) would promote more interest in playing the game as it would remove needless restrictions and make the game more interesting for players, especially when they are waiting for production runs to finish (a lot of wasted player time there = tedium/boredom).

DeletedUser2768

I totally agree with you.
The biggest challenge is to define the space you will need before you place an expansion. Even before entering in a new chapter.
But there are so many changes happens, that limits your prediction or scheduling abilities to lucky guesses...
Nerfing of many cultural buildings due to redeem people/culture between them, nerfing of KPs to APs that came with more APs resulting to build more AWs since it's way easier to upgrade them, necessary additions of new chapters with 11 new expansions, changing the way of the game play with the necessity of playing tournaments, FA is becoming a monthly game and especially when the rewards get bigger and many more small things, are practically forcing you to be hovering over random circumstances than to calculate,schedule and predict even for just one chapter...
We always trying to predict situations we shall be into, based on forum/wiki resources, our or others experience or some external relative sites.
Game becomes more difficult? I can't really say but i think we're sailing to unknown waters. Which is not necessarily bad.
I think that the biggest of our tools, scheduling our cities, is fading away.The "ability of scheduling" argument, is not as strong as it used to be in the past...
That's why I'm proposing this, as a compensation for this loss...

Btw, thank you for encouraging me to continue writing in English.

Do you know about ElvenArchitect? It's a player based "program" that allows you to rearrange your city to account for upgrades and plan the next chapter before ever touching your city in the game. It also has a battle simulator. There's also elvenar city planner, made by another player.

DeletedUser19205

Do you know about ElvenArchitect? It's a player based "program" that allows you to rearrange your city to account for upgrades and plan the next chapter before ever touching your city in the game. It also has a battle simulator. There's also elvenar city planner, made by another player.
I said I'm pretty new in the forum, not in game...
Maybe i am in game too, since I'm playing this game only 3 years+.
All Bagia you can see in elvenstats are me. 4 in us and 1 in gr servers. I know what's around the neighborhood. And i often use them.
But thank you anyway for the info. I simply don't write here to get some help. I would be off-topic if i did.
I'm writing because some idea came to me, which I'm thinking might improve the game, seeing this from gamer 's aspect.

- In my FS, i'm between the lasts in ranking, and I'm playing still in Halfings.
Edeba, this might be an early stage for you, but i also see my fellows (some of them are between the first 100 in us1-Arendyll) and i can see their problems and concerns as well. And they 're playing in advanced stages of the game, not just Halfings. I'm pretty sure that they would have a benefit too, of such a game -i repeat- compensation!
Because i consider this idea as a compensation to players, for all these game changes i wrote before and other that i didn't...
But as you said, new players should make a party by using this option.

Thank you all for your nice words about my idea.