• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Since there is no response on this I will quote what I said in another thread:

Here is what really pisses me off about this :mad: They spent a couple of years promoting and pushing players to build, build, build the AW's. Now we get a new bunch coming in to manage & develop Elvenar and they decide to do 180 degree turn and penalize players who did EXACTLY what the Elvenar team wanted us to do. This is starting to happen way too often to those of us who played the game as designed and promoted with this new bunch. I want to know why the Hell this new Elvenar team wants to punish those of us who have played as designed for years now. Talk about a knife in the back :mad::mad::mad:

Then in response to comment that we can always ignore the Spire:
This will no longer be true when the FS participation part is released! I really feel like if I can't get anywhere in the Spire then I will be dropping my part of the responsibility to my FS. So now, not only am I screwed not being able to progress in the Spire to get a minuscule chance at the few prizes I want, but I will also be screwed in my belief that I should not let down my FS. I'm really not understanding why they have decided to make so many aspects of this game total crap even for, or especially for, players who have played for years :mad:

Of course since they didn't give a damn about all the negative feedback re the Spire as a single player feature I have no doubt that they couldn't care less what we players think about it as a multiplayer feature! Seems like regardless of what we think they will continue to be so lazy that we can't hope for much other than plugging FoE "features" into Elvenar

Black watch

I'm really not understanding why they have decided to make so many aspects of this game total crap even for, or especially for, players who have played for years :mad:

Of course since they didn't give a damn about all the negative feedback re the Spire as a single player feature I have no doubt that they couldn't care less what we players think about it as a multiplayer feature! Seems like regardless of what we think they will continue to be so lazy that we can't hope for much other than plugging FoE "features" into Elvenar

The last part of your note REALLY rings true, though I think they did a minor adjustment to the spire, it was still half-hearted.
Things have been going downhill this year like a ship on fire and sinking and instead of bailing water and trying to figure out how put out the fire and fix the holes, it seems there are people at INNO shooting more holes in hull to let more water in to put out the fire some idiot started.
I can't imagine working for that company, it must be hell.

AS far as playing this feature... It will probably be by only a few my FS that decide to give it a try.... and probably only once...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I am super looking forward to it as is my fellowship. I think a lot will depend on your fellowships attitude. The spire is no tournament, its has a steep price and you only get rewards based on your own effort. So I think fellowships have to be careful about requiring participation if they want to go down that line as people only get out what they put in.

What I like most is the spire finally has some 100% guaranteed prizes that it has sorely lacked. Considering all the negative feedback players give about all the random luck in various game features I am sure I am not the only one looking forward to guaranteed prizes. It lets me better plan how I will approach the thing.

Black watch

I am super looking forward to it as is my fellowship. I think a lot will depend on your fellowships attitude. The spire is no tournament, its has a steep price and you only get rewards based on your own effort. So I think fellowships have to be careful about requiring participation if they want to go down that line as people only get out what they put in.

What I like most is the spire finally has some 100% guaranteed prizes that it has sorely lacked. Considering all the negative feedback players give about all the random luck in various game features I am sure I am not the only one looking forward to guaranteed prizes. It lets me better plan how I will approach the thing.

The one good thing... 100% guaranteed prizes... that's a good thing, yes.
The part I'm not so sure on, is I was hoping my ability to do better in the squire would help my clan mates better... we'll see how it goes... perhaps this will be good after all. Unfortunately, INNO's track record lately has been terrible.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
This is fun!
We enjoyed it in Beta!!
Stages One and Two are very do-able; Stage three is expensive. But if you just do the first two, you can make about 200 Diamonds, and lots of other useful things, including Magic Buildings and Genies!!

Here are the extra fellowship bonuses up for grabs:

79339548_10215429573633153_3166008483384393728_n.jpg

77266830_10215322772603194_930003094102605824_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join Facebook group.
Join us there for all the latest news and discussion!

DeletedUser1016

So - does this eliminate the single player, if they belong to a FS? Meaning that if I belong to a fellowship and none of the members want to participate, that I can't win anymore prizes from the spire? I guess I don't understand how the purple column moves up and how it correlates to the position of the FS marker? Is the purple column my progress? How does the FS marker progress [how many participants are needed to keep up to an individual's progress?].

I think my confusion is clear....lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kekune

So - does this eliminate the single player, if they belong to a FS? Meaning that if I belong to a fellowship and none of the members want to participate, that I can't win anymore prizes from the spire?
No, you can still get individual prizes. It's much like the tournament, in that a solo player can still get what they get clearing encounters, with the added layer of group prizes at the end.

They have shifted things a bit, though. Most notably, I think catalysts are less frequent in the individual prizes.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So - does this eliminate the single player, if they belong to a FS? Meaning that if I belong to a fellowship and none of the members want to participate, that I can't win anymore prizes from the spire?

You still get prizes for individual effort, just like now. Plus the prizes you can accumulate (by yourself) on the team prize list. From memory i think the gurus on beta felt solo players were better off, generally speaking. One major difference between this and tournaments for teams is a person can't just do one encounter in spire and gets rewards from multiple sections.

The purple line in the picture above shows the teams progress, but you can also see yours and other members progress. Your only get prizes for the sections completed up to your picture and only if the purple line is at or above your picture. Gems of knowledge has a good graphic explaining it.

DeletedUser21745

I never really had much interest in the Spire until it started as multi-player in Beta. I tried it a few times and enjoyed it.
I even started playing Solo Spire in my Live world.

With all of the disasters that the game devs are causing to the Events I think that the spire is a great alternative. Making it multi-player will also be fun for an active FS.

I am not sure what other players are reporting as expensive. I don't play the resource side but rather fight all of the encounters. I don't get too far as the battles get difficult quickly but I do get far enough to enjoy it for the week.

Nectar of the Gods

Does everyone in the fellowship have to participate in the Spire for those who are participating to receive the prizes? Or will a few people who are participating be enough?

Btw, I love the Spire. I do a combination of fighting and goods and it works well. I actually enjoy it far more than I do tourney, even though I still believe tourney is necessary. Different rewards.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Does everyone in the fellowship have to participate in the Spire for those who are participating to receive the prizes?

Hi!
You need 1330 points to unlock each of the fellowship rewards. That means that 21.1 fellowship members @ 63 points total would have to finish all three stages for everything to be unlocked. But you get plenty if most members just do the first two stages - that would be 42 points each.

I posted the numbers in a post above, as well as a typical set of prizes we got with most members doing two stages.

qaccy

I'm a bit confused by how the prizes are laid out. In order to get the most rewards, you have to finish the Spire anyway. But then other members also have to basically finish the Spire in order to unlock those prizes in the first place. Along with the shuffling/reduction in solo rewards to balance against the FS rewards, doesn't this mean there isn't really anything being added to the Spire with these changes? If anything, it sounds like it got worse because players will generally have to do more (to reach the requirements to obtain FS rewards) in order to receive more or less what they were getting before this system was implemented. Am I wrong on that?

Kinda related, but the FS rewards themselves aren't really very appealing. Much like the individual rewards, they're all the same basic things all the way up to the top with some very small 'improvements' along the way. Why aren't Moonstone Library pieces or any of the unique Spire rewards made available in this way? If Tournaments can get away with giving away a blueprint every week, why can't the Spire do something similar with a high-value reward at the top?

EDIT: Also, I want to comment on this... @Deborah M you can feel free to sell off your AWs if you feel like their benefits don't outweigh the negative of increasing costs in the Spire. I think it does have a mitigating effect, but overall levelling and having AWs (some of them anyway) is still better than not having them just to make the Spire cheaper. Do you disagree?

Nectar of the Gods

Hi!
You need 1330 points to unlock each of the fellowship rewards. That means that 21.1 fellowship members @ 63 points total would have to finish all three stages for everything to be unlocked. But you get plenty if most members just do the first two stages - that would be 42 points each.

I posted the numbers in a post above, as well as a typical set of prizes we got with most members doing two stages.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the math you did to figure all that out, but what I'm actually asking is if you have a FS with 25 members and only 5 of them decide to play the Spire, will those 5 get the FS prizes. Or is it required that all members of the FS participate? Is it like the FA where any number of members can participate and only those that do participate get the prizes?