• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

Risen Malchiah

Looking at the FS reward structure for the Spire, I can only imagine what it would look like for tournaments. Maybe the lack of individual requirements for those rewards is part of why the Spire feels a tad unreasonable? Imagine needing to personally score 3000 points in order to receive the 10th chest reward in tournaments or something, instead of just having to complete a single encounter. That's kind of how the Spire rewards feel to me.
If we use this comparison, then the personal tournament score threshhold would be more like 1800 points (roughly 21/25 players) to get 10 chests.

The problem is that with tournaments, the shortcomings of some can be overcome by the achievements of others. That's not possible in the Spire where a few underachievers can block the achievements of those who went to the end. No matter how dedicated, players have no way of overcoming that shortfall. A 12 or 15-person fellowship of dedicated players can achieve 10 tourney chests, but success in the Spire is impossible.

This is why I favor making the encounters on the 3rd floor worth more points (even if just a small increase). It benefits those willing to achieve it and allows a dedicated fellowship a small chance to overcome the shortcomings of others.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Looking at the FS reward structure for the Spire, I can only imagine what it would look like for tournaments. Maybe the lack of individual requirements for those rewards is part of why the Spire feels a tad unreasonable? Imagine needing to personally score 3000 points in order to receive the 10th chest reward in tournaments or something, instead of just having to complete a single encounter. That's kind of how the Spire rewards feel to me.
It is almost exactly what a bunch of people have asked for in the past.

People regularly whinge about others getting the full reward in tournaments for only doing one province in the tournament. Now you have to complete at least four encounters to get a share of the rewards, and your actual share is based on how many sets of four you finished.

Now people will whinge about that

Arkadia

The problem is that with tournaments, the shortcomings of some can be overcome by the achievements of others. That's not possible in the Spire where a few underachievers can block the achievements of those who went to the end. ...
This is why I favor making the encounters on the 3rd floor worth more points (even if just a small increase). It benefits those willing to achieve it and allows a dedicated fellowship a small chance to overcome the shortcomings of others.

Agree!
More point and better prizes on the top level. :)
Those chests can be extremely expensive! :(:mad: Last week I had to refill my coins and supplies 2x :oops::eek::mad: just doing 4 chests in the top stage...
Needless to say I didn't complete the last 4 chests. (cause i was pissed lol )

Which brings me to a Q...is it even possible to complete the Spire w/out speeders? cause i always end up using a few if going to the top.

qaccy

If we use this comparison, then the personal tournament score threshhold would be more like 1800 points (roughly 21/25 players) to get 10 chests.

The problem is that with tournaments, the shortcomings of some can be overcome by the achievements of others. That's not possible in the Spire where a few underachievers can block the achievements of those who went to the end. No matter how dedicated, players have no way of overcoming that shortfall. A 12 or 15-person fellowship of dedicated players can achieve 10 tourney chests, but success in the Spire is impossible.

That's a good point. I'd basically overlooked (despite how much I play them) that tournaments don't have a hard limit to how much one can contribute, though I unintentionally addressed it with a higher point requirement than needed to 'match' the Spire.

In any case, the FS rewards are, by and large, bonuses on top of what we've been getting from the Spire all this time, right? Doesn't that mean that, regardless of how filling up the bar is balanced (as long as it's possible to fill), doesn't that mean we're still walking away with more rewards than we used to get?

Yogi Dave

Just a silly question. Is there a name for the 'reward' places? In the tourney, they are chests. Are these hats, chests, gumdrops, or something else. The announcement doesn't give them a name. Personally, I like gumdrops (who doesn't), but their top is too pointy.

rvtdragon1

Spire rewards? 2nd week in a row. Anybody get them?

20 minutes later:

I think I got them. But no pop up window saying here are the rewards.

Last edited:

Socrates28

Is anyone in a FS that finished the FS rewards? We have been close, but we have not done it yet.
Our FS routinely gets the FS rewards and we did in this event as well. We have finished in the Top 10 once and the top 20 several times. This time we were only going for the Path rewards as we believed the badge requirements were going to be too great to go for a high rank. When it became known that the badge requirements were as before we still managed to come in ranked 30th.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm not wild about the Spire but feel obligated to do some of it. It's not a huge deal since I've figured out my system for the battles and don't waste many other resources anymore. Just wondering if I'm the only one who seems to get the same prize of portal profit for the first level boss darn near every time. Not that I don't like portal profits but I'm getting tired of same old. I'm just hoping to not get completely fed up when the implied obligation increases with a new FS ranking aspect.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Question about the 'mystery chest' icon in top left corner:
Has anyone else's stopped working to take you to the mystery chest? Mine appears now, and will get the number '2' when there is more than one unclaimed chest, and generally behaves as it should until I click on it. Then...nothing... Once I hunt down the chest and collect it, the game automatically takes me back to the unclaimed chest from the just completed encounters, so that's still working as expected. Didn't see anywhere that this was a known issue, but thought I'd ask before I submit a ticket.

Deleted User - 3932582

The new spire ranking ladder will help with visibility of FS obtaining those higher level rewards. I suspect it is a very small number (if any) as it is a very big task for a FS, more than obtaining 10 chests in a tournament.
Very true. Even top tier FS do not necessarily go deep into the Spire - at least not yet. 10 chest is almost given at the top, but Spire rewards are not. So if you are shopping around for an FS and have certain aspirations with regard to Spire team achievements, new ranking would help to narrow your targets.

On the other hand, if your target FS is hitting 1.3K in the Spire, and you absolutely despise the idea of playing any of it, then perhaps this FS is not for you.

Kekune

Question about the 'mystery chest' icon in top left corner:
Has anyone else's stopped working to take you to the mystery chest? Mine appears now, and will get the number '2' when there is more than one unclaimed chest, and generally behaves as it should until I click on it. Then...nothing... Once I hunt down the chest and collect it, the game automatically takes me back to the unclaimed chest from the just completed encounters, so that's still working as expected. Didn't see anywhere that this was a known issue, but thought I'd ask before I submit a ticket.
I've had that problem, too. I haven't gotten many mystery chests the last couple weeks but I think it works on mobile and not on browser.

Yogi Dave

I really like the spire. When I started the game I liked fighting manual, but that got rather boring except for the difficult ones. Now it's impossible with an average tourney score over 6K in my 10-chest FS. The ability to take some time to analyze the situation, especially the 2 and 3 wave battles is a new challenge. I usually do the 1st 2 levels just feeding the bird. The 3rd, during the tourney since I might be using some 5-day building. I'll do the 3rd level regardless of using extra buildings. The convince is also a great challenge and more of a logic problem with random luck mixed in. Much more fun than catering. It seems that well over half the time by the 3rd round I can figure out who must get what. Sometimes I'll use 25 diamonds since I get more of them than I spend. Lastly, there are times when nothing hits the 1st round with 6 or more goods. In those cases, abandon all hope and bail. Then try again. I've finished chapter 15 and all upgrades, so this just gives another dimension of fun for me.

I doubt we will ever get the top reward, but then again, the 10th chest in the tourneys was way out of our reach back in the day.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Kekune I don't think I've ever done the Spire on mobile...
Like @Yogi Dave I like the spire for the combat challenge (not the logic puzzle, at least not yet) so I always play on browser and manually fight all encounters there. I think I've got a bug/glitch since Yogi's is working as expected. I've cleaned caches, rebooted, etc. so I'll submit a ticket...in the morning, lol! I'm done for tonight...