• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Fixed My city is zooming out almost every time I do anything in it.

Salix

Game version: 1.182.0-df17fb1-256 (us 1.182)
Game world: Ceravyn
Browser + version: Safari
Operating System: iPadOS 16.6
Screen resolution: __
Account name: Salix
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5

Current situation:
Whenever I try to collect resources or coins, or simply to move about in my city, my city zooms out. This happens almost every time I touch the screen. My iPad and the game are all fully updated, and the cache is cleared every day. This has been happening in all my cities, and only happens in this game. I have reported this before and was told then that it is not a bug, but it is also happening to other players in my fellowships.

Expected situation:
Fix this problem so my city does not constantly zoom out.

defiantoneks

mine also "randomly" zooms. seems any lag in attempting to drag (navigate) with a single finger still results in zooming, even tho it should require two (pinch) to resize.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
I deal with this problem too. I use a Laptop and I think I inadvertently cause it.
Sometimes I tend to keep my left index finger on the keyboard touch-pad when I am moving across my city with my mouse! If I'm moving from left to right, it makes the screen bigger.... If I'm moving from right to left, it gets smaller. Does that make any sense?

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Generally speaking, when we run into something that is intermittent or seems to effect a very small percentage of people using something, it turns out to be a specific thing they are doing...like resting their thumb on the touch pad. I think I'd try to be very deliberate about what I'm doing for a while and watch to see if I'm not inadvertently lowering a second finger, resting my palm here or there, or otherwise stepping outside the strict boundaries of the interface. I used to have a laptop that would do all sorts of stuff randomly. It turned out I was resting my left palm on the lower edge as I was typing and occasionally, when I typed with my left hand, I'd drop it just enough to have it engage the touch pad. Then all sorts of things would happen, including selecting the page and deleting it! I eventually did away with the touchpad by turning if off and using a mouse. I was so much happier. So watch carefully the placement of your hand/fingers and, by being deliberate, if the problem lessens or goes away, you can be pretty sure it's something in how you strike/press/slide things.

AJ

defiantoneks

Browser + version: Safari
Operating System: iPadOS 16.6
are you really playing the web version on your iPad, and not the app? just clarifying.

i use the app, where the lag (admittedly "may" be at least partially due to the age of the device) seems to be an issue when my zooming occurs.

Salix

I use the app version to play the game, not the browser version. Sorry for any confusion.

I never use my fingers to play (except to resize when the city zooms out), only a stylus and rarely the Apple pencil (and lift both straight up after playing), and I am NOT touching the screen with my thumb, my fingers, or any other part of my anatomy.

This issue happens at times even when I first log into my city and first touch the screen to do anything.

In fact, this morning, my city zoomed out, I resized it, lifted my fingers from the screen, and the blasted city zoomed out AGAIN, without me touching anything!

This issue does not happen with any other game I play or with anything else I do on my iPad - only in Elvenar.

No way is this a problem with my iPad or how I play - this is an issue with the game.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Is this still happening, I tried on both my Iphone and Ipad and could recreate this effect?

Sprite1313

I was having issues with the app after I updated to iPadOS 16.6, too. I tried several things that didn't work, including reinstalling the app. I finally reset the network settings and it cleared them all up. Not sure if that will help, but wanted to offer it as a possibility.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I was having issues with the app after I updated to iPadOS 16.6, too. I tried several things that didn't work, including reinstalling the app. I finally reset the network settings and it cleared them all up. Not sure if that will help, but wanted to offer it as a possibility.
That Could be I am on iOS 17 for my Pad and Phone

Salix

I got through yesterday with the zooming out happening only a couple of times in different cities. I updated the game last night and had no zooming out issues. Something else has cropped up and I will see if it is mentioned anywhere.