• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My island

Tehya1

The game is going crazy tonight. This is my city. I refreshed and the grass comes back, but when I change tabs and go back, it is an island again. It is happening in my other cities as well.
1651735875430.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've never seen as many glitches in this game as I've seen in the past month. I really hope they fix things soon. For my part, I wouldn't mind if they delayed new features/events until they get the bugs worked out. As it is now, I'm afraid of anything new coming for fear of more glitches.

Zoof

I've seen something somewhat similar when I accidentally click the wrong button on the world map's neighbors menu then quickly mash the W button (or was it C?) to get out quicker. Briefly the screen goes blue as if a small part of the game was still trying to load the city view while everything else already recognized the attempt to abort the load.

Having an Elven recreation of Atlantis, though? That's a new one. I might've even called it a "feature" if literally everything else loaded during that one event back in January (or so?) where the event currency blended in a bit too well with the wintery background but as it stands? I can only hope that things can get fixed, or in the worst case, at least rolled back to a working state.

Tehya1

My cities also freeze up routinely lately. Its annoying to have to refresh and go back to what I was doing. So far, it hasn't cost me battles, but it could. It pauses sometimes after I click autofight, and when it does it when I know I m going to win that second or third wave in the spire, it is a bit nerve wracking.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Just so everybody knows, when a program has a serious bug that takes a long time to figure out, fixing it may have to be done at a very low level. And since the fix is at that level it may cause other things to break. The nice thing is that those other things that break are usually much easier to find and fix since the original error was so deep in the system AND the programmer(s) know what they changed at the lower level and have a better grasp of how things are dependent on that spot.

It's like your car has a problem running. You look and look and eventually find a slightly bent crank shaft. Bad, bad, bad as that means you are burning a lot more gas, your engine is running a lot hotter, and so on. But before you discovered the real source of your problems you adjusted the fuel mixture to compensate for the gas consumption, adjusted the cooling system to make the whole thing run cooler, and so on and so on. Now that you've fixed the real problem it takes you a while to fix the previous fixes you did before you found out the real problem.

So don't be surprised if the road's a little rough for the next month or so with strange things happening. More than likely they'll get remedied pretty fast.

That's my take on it, anyway.

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ah the piled up city bug, yep yep. We had this in the summer of 2016 for a while, and again later, sometime in 2018 iirc. It may be related to Ancient Wonders.