• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My keyboard acts like it has hotkey issues.

Barklay

My keyboard has problems in general messenger I am a lead Mage so I send a ton of messages each week. I have switched my keyboard and it still is happening. For some reason I get or 6 lines of text to answer a fellows question and my keyboard acts like I am using hot keys, sometimes it asks if I want to log out sometimes it switches to the Main hall next time maybe the trader. Any suggestions would be nice.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have seen this in chat, but decided it was my own fault even though it may not be. I know if I'm in chat and go click on a bldg or something to get info to describe something, the typing box for chat is disabled until I return my cursor there and click to reactivate it. So I presume when it does it unexpectedly that I've inadvertently clicked outside the chat box and that I then typed a letter that was a hot key. I don't recall it happening in the email system, because if I inadvertently click outside the message box there, the whole darn thing goes away and I have to start over.
Sorry I'm not more help, just figured it'd be nice to know someone else has seen it as well.

Barklay

My mouse is on a different surface than my keyboard, I have to use word to reply to my peeps because I am not wanting to retype 6 lines of text and it usually happens when the answer is complicated(worded ever so perfect) and the thought of course is now gone.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have to use word to reply to my peeps because I am not wanting to retype 6 lines of text
Me, too! Annoying.
There is an upside over the years, though. I save most of the word docs and since many of the same questions come around over and over again, I don't have to think it through again, just copy/paste from the old one, lol!

Edit to add: I use a desktop, too, so no slipping onto the touchpad either.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have this happen also! It is really annoying to be almost done typing a message just to have something random pop up and gone. I am playing on a laptop but have a separate wireless keyboard & mouse that I use so I may as well be using a desktop PC

Barklay

Well you all just saved me some money, so thank you a new keyboard mouse will not fix my problem. Had to laugh, I too have an elvenar folder full of word docs, I have made to send out.