• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My thoughts so far

DeletedUser14396

I've only been playing Elvenar for a short while so far, but I thought I would share some of my thoughts and idea.

I really enjoy the idea of being able to build up my own city. And I like how I can build up houses and businesses. It would be nice if I had the ability to turn them, but we can't have everything. :D One of my biggest problems right now is simply trying to get land to build them on. There should be easier ways to get expansions. Other than how they are gotten, is there a difference between Premium, City, and Province expansions?

My second biggest problem with the game is the lack of a tutorial when it comes to scouting and combat. I first started this game on my tablet and couldn't figure out for the life of me how the combat was supposed to work. When I searched through the forums for to find out how it worked, I couldn't understand anything because it showed up differently on my tablet.

As far as scouting goes, I'm almost 100% sure I've scouted beyond what someone at my level was supposed to. That also wasn't covered in the game's tutorial. Mostly I was just trying to get access to more land. Which brings me to a scouting question: When it offers the chance to negotiate or fight shady characters, if I choose to fight, are those characters enemies of the providence I'm scouting or that providence's army? I want to help out the providence, not declare war.

Finally, diamonds. The bane of my existence. Before I get started I want to say, don't get me wrong, I understand it takes money to create a game like this and maintain it. So I understand the charge of diamonds. So I would almost be willing to buy them, but I believe each price bracket should have more diamonds in them. Also, there should be other ways to get them. I know in other games I've played that had similar things to diamonds, if you log in to play X number of days in a row you got some for free. Also, one of my bigger complaints is how much more things use them up. For example, if I bought diamonds, it would be to buy land. From what I've seen of other things, if I buy one spot of land for X diamonds, the next would cost even more. Diamonds are whats keeping me from telling all my friends they need to check this game out. But, it's not so bad that I won't tell people not to play. So maybe it is a good balance. :D

Desurfur

while I am also pretty new to the game, I have found this link https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ to be pretty helpful guide, and there are others that have played the game longer that if you ask questions they would be more then happy to help.
I don't buy Diamonds and have progressed almost to the 4th chapter, it does go a little slower that way, but you do progress. I do occasionally use 1 or 2 of the Diamonds that are given at the start of the game to finish a process up if needed , but will never spend more then 6 within a month.
land is an issue but the link I provided also goes into placing buildings to maximize space as well as other topics you have asked about.

DeletedUser5800

Other than how they are gotten, is there a difference between Premium, City, and Province expansions?
No, every expansion is the same, just the source varies. Tech. tree, provinces cleared or purchased. The sum of all possible to get is the entire available area so to max out completely a person would have to do all three.
I couldn't understand anything because it showed up differently on my tablet.
The app. is new, features are still missing and most of the player info was written for the PC version so you may not find a lot of app tutorial/guides but most info. should carry over. Maybe you could be the first to write a comprehensive app. guide. ;)
are those characters enemies of the providence I'm scouting or that providence's army? I want to help out the providence, not declare war.
They just need cleared to unlock more... it's kind of weird concept that neighbors actually have nothing to do with anything other than you unlocking them to help each other, they have to clear the same provinces to unlock you. There is no war, just clear and move out, stays clear forever (with the exception of in the tournament which respawns weekly by province type but also has nothing to do with neighbors on the map) I see it as interdimensional, in your dimension you have to clear them to link to other peoples cities in their dimension, it has no affect on their dimension other than you can visit their city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14396

@shimmerfly Awesome! I just checked it out and it looks like a great guide. Thank you.

@Lord Draconian Thank you for the advice. It explained a lot. As for writing a comprehensive app. guide, all I would say was to come here and check out the forums. I didn't even know they were here at first. Right now my biggest suggestion to the game developers would be to make sure part of the mobile app would include a link to the forums, or even better, to some of the links that have been posted here. Then have the tutorial point to it and give gold or supplies the first time the user clicks on it.

Thank you all for all the advice, suggestions, and links. *bow*