• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykans Guide - Fighting guide

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the great information on fighting. But I still don't understand how you make them fight. I only have Sword dancers and Archers. The quest I am on said that I have to win 5 fights. Well needless to said that I lost my first only fight so far. Because I do not know what I am doing. GolddustMisty

Hi GolddustMisty, You sound like you are in a challenging part of the game currently. If you start a thread under the battle help section you are likely to have several people help with tips. If you do post, if you can inform people of the squad sizes you have and are facing it will help.

DeletedUser4843

Thought u where dead on. How about War Dogs, Dryads. Had a lot of success with the war dogs against Magic user, still trying to find the Dryad Nitch.

DeletedUser5975

Fighting against heavy ranged unit, Cannoneer. Using heavy melee unit, Paladin. The cannoneers have retreated to the far right of the encounter area. My paladin are not being allowed to go much more than halfway in that direction. How do I win this fight?

Heymrdiedier

Fighting against heavy ranged unit, Cannoneer. Using heavy melee unit, Paladin. The cannoneers have retreated to the far right of the encounter area. My paladin are not being allowed to go much more than halfway in that direction. How do I win this fight?
Your paladins should have high enough defense against the cannoneers that its not an issue that it takes them long to be in range. Especially now when the debuffs arent working that means you can take your time in getting to the cannoneers without loosing to much units.

DeletedUser5975

Your paladins should have high enough defense against the cannoneers that its not an issue that it takes them long to be in range. Especially now when the debuffs arent working that means you can take your time in getting to the cannoneers without loosing to much units.
The game is actually no permitting them to move in that direction beyond a certain point. I will try sticking around to see if that changes but it doesn't look like it's going to

DeletedUser4778

I would guess it's what Iyapo has mentioned. This is why I send at least 2 archer squads and various units when I scope out the terrain and see how far my units can move. I know exactly how far each of my units can move so I know there's an invisible obstacle in the way when they can't and have to reload the game because I've found that loading other fights or loading the world map or research menu or going to other cities and provinces don't work. It has be to a bloody reload.

DeletedUser5975

I would guess it's what Iyapo has mentioned. This is why I send at least 2 archer squads and various units when I scope out the terrain and see how far my units can move. I know exactly how far each of my units can move so I know there's an invisible obstacle in the way when they can't and have to reload the game because I've found that loading other fights or loading the world map or research menu or going to other cities and provinces don't work. It has be to a bloody reload.
Perfect! Enemy dispatched. Thank you very much Iyapo and Draconomicon!

ptparks

A relatively new feature is the ability to hover over your troops and see which enemy they are best against. Experienced fighters may know this but for newer members it is a nice tool. in the picture below I moved my mouse over the crossbowman. The heavy melee and light ranged units are highlighted below.

Guide.JPG

DeletedUser3707

Greetings Fellow Players!!!!!

I'm just going to ask this question and anyone please answer if you happen to know. In the Barracks, on the page we chose our fighters against those fighter opposing us there are five boxes for us to put our fighters in. I keep coming across people with 7 or 8 fighter on the opposing team against my 5 fighters. How can I add more boxes to allow me to chose more than 5?? I keep asking this and keep getting the same answer which is "I only have 5 boxes too".

There is a problem because i just did battle again and again there was 8 of them. Please anyone or everyone leave comments for me.

Thanks!

DeletedUser4778

Greetings Fellow Players!!!!!

I'm just going to ask this question and anyone please answer if you happen to know. In the Barracks, on the page we chose our fighters against those fighter opposing us there are five boxes for us to put our fighters in. I keep coming across people with 7 or 8 fighter on the opposing team against my 5 fighters. How can I add more boxes to allow me to chose more than 5?? I keep asking this and keep getting the same answer which is "I only have 5 boxes too".

There is a problem because i just did battle again and again there was 8 of them. Please anyone or everyone leave comments for me.

Thanks!
As of now, there is unfortunately no way for us to have more than 5 squads on the battlefield or to train more than 5 squads in the barracks. It's one of the many unbalanced things about this game.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
How can I add more boxes to allow me to chose more than 5?

5 is our maximum amount. The enemy squad size changes depending on the number of squads they field. The less squads the larger their squad size, the more squads the smaller they are. Depending on the fight this can be good or bad.

Once you reach a certain stage in the game you stop getting the smaller number of enemy squads. I can't recall if it moves to 4-8 or 5-8 squads only as your enemy options later on.

DeletedUser3707

5 is our maximum amount. The enemy squad size changes depending on the number of squads they field. The less squads the larger their squad size, the more squads the smaller they are. Depending on the fight this can be good or bad.

Once you reach a certain stage in the game you stop getting the smaller number of enemy squads. I can't recall if it moves to 4-8 or 5-8 squads only as your enemy options later on.

As of now, there is unfortunately no way for us to have more than 5 squads on the battlefield or to train more than 5 squads in the barracks. It's one of the many unbalanced things about this game.

Thank you both Gentlemen!!!!!!! You know what I'm going to say, lol "Bull....". This is so unfair!!!!!!! It's still difficult to do battle against 8 fighter and we only get 5 fighter. Rubish!!!

*****OFF TOPIC! Hey guys just wanted to let you know because you both have been so helpful my Fellowship now has 15 players. The first 7 players were just us for so long but we went from a rank of #776 to #605. Now that we have taken in 3 members from a FS that disband We now have 15 members and in two weeks went up to rank #580! YAY! With me passing on all the information that you have given over the last few months, we owe part of this good news to you.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3489

Hello Mykan and thanks much for this outstanding guide.

One question, please. Under the Silk Provinces, it says the key unit is "Heavy Range" but then lists the Heavy Melee units by name. Perhaps a typo?

Thanks and kind regards,

-Ked

DeletedUser4778

Hello Mykan and thanks much for this outstanding guide.

One question, please. Under the Silk Provinces, it says the key unit is "Heavy Range" but then lists the Heavy Melee units by name. Perhaps a typo?

Thanks and kind regards,

-Ked
Heavy Range is a good choice in the Silk province though depending on terrain and dogs being able to hit you in the first round or not. I find myself using my golems as often as my treants since my golems have a debuff but my treants don't yet. They deal more damage against the dogs but take more damage from them in turn. Their other advantage is their greater movement and range.

DeletedUser3707

Mykan,
Please direct me to some help in doing battles as a Human. lol I am in two worlds as Elven but now was asked to join a 3rd so thought I'd try Human. Mistake, I'm lost. All my cheats and battle info are as Elven. Is there such a thing as cheats for Human? Or maybe you can message me with some help. I sure need it. I sent out every piece of info you and some other forum friends gave me as Elven and now my FS is doing so much better and is happier. Thank you for that.

OFF TOPIC: My Fellowship is now 24 of us. We climbed from 580 on 2/13/2017 and now we rank 483. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to you and my other Forum Friends! We all owe it to you all but now as a Human I am lost. lol Please help!

DeletedUser5142

:eek:It's all good to read but I am in a real bind, My territory is huge and I am outclassed and out gunned in battle. The result is I have to negotiate, which is costly o_O