• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykan's Guide - Update status and feedback

Mykan

Oh Wise One
What I mean is I will put my Cerberus II 2Stars and Four(whatever the sword thing is called) power up against a Mage every time and win using auto. Will this be true with the Banshee?

I am yet to build a large number of these for more testing but am increasing what my stock in between tournaments. The banshees stats are against heavy melee and heavy range so the light melee would still be strong against them as a mage unit. The banshee shows to be particularly good against the heavy range units.

Unsure if I have answered your questions, I was trying to work it out and am very tired at the moment.

DeletedUser3707

I am yet to build a large number of these for more testing but am increasing what my stock in between tournaments. The banshees stats are against heavy melee and heavy range so the light melee would still be strong against them as a mage unit. The banshee shows to be particularly good against the heavy range units.

Unsure if I have answered your questions, I was trying to work it out and am very tired at the moment.

Mykan,
Thank you very much for answering me. I just went ahead and put the Banshee against Heavy Range using Auto and won. It's interesting how each Mage is different. The first female Mage cannot go up against my Cerberus II unless she wants to lose. lol

Yes you answered my question and I thank you again!

DeletedUser4778

Had a quick scan of some sections in your guide. Perhaps you would like to incorporate the ff?

Hotkeys
I accidentally discovered a new hotkey last week: Typing S while in your city brings up the Relics tab. No need to go to the MH or World Map. Probably not that useful for advanced cities but I would have really appreciated this in earlier chapters when I kept checking how many relics I needed to get the next boost increase and didn't want to open my MH because there were coins in it while the World Map takes long to load. (Of course I pressed all the keys on my PC, including numbers and symbols, to see if there were any other hotkeys. Alas, there were none.)

Goods Production

TIP: When upgrading factories, you can check the appropriate Wiki factory section to see which level yields higher production. For example, I've found that it's better for my elven city to upgrade, say, all same-tier factories from Lv9 to Lv10 than to upgrade one to the max. Of course, time is an issue because I would like for the construction to finish close to the production completion of other factories so I try to time it so that 2 builders are working on upgrading two factories by 1-3 levels, stop when the others are about to finish a production run, then work on upgrading the lowest level factories. It yields more goods and is cheaper in construction and population cost (and I'm always running low on population). Right now, I'm in the process of upgrading 1 gems factory by 1 level while the other builder upgrades 2 residences in around the same time frame. Then, when the gems factory builder is done, both builders work on residences until I have enough pop to upgrade the lowest level gems factory by another level. I don't know if the same is true for human factories or other elven factories but I suspect it is since it has usually been the case for all my elven marble, silk, and gem factories as well as residences, workshops, and guest race buildings. The exception, of course, is when there is a size increase.

Btw, is there a list somewhere of all the production yields for all factory levels for all 4 production runs? I have a partial list from varron but I'd really appreciate a complete list as I've finally worked out most of the formulas for boost bonuses.

Trading Strategy

Understand your market's/area's/neighborhood's needs. I noticed early on that Marble producers are either Silk or Crystals and Elixirs or Gems producers so, if I want Crystals, I offer Silk or Scrolls to increase my chances of someone taking the trade. I noticed a marked improvement in takers once I implemented this strategy. My area is hungry for marble, crystals, and elixirs but has a surfeit of planks, silk, and gems so I offer crystals for scrolls because scrolls are what my FS needs. Those trades usually get snapped up quickly, even by cities that are not scroll producers. This will tie in with the 9 city combinations noted by Soggy:

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/there-are-only-9-possible-cities.5007/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Had a quick scan of some sections in your guide. Perhaps you would like to incorporate the ff?

Thank you for the great information. I have incorporated the trading tips. I need to do some expanding of the guide to work the others in. I got lazy with the shortcuts ;):oops:

I have also wondered if I should talk more about goods production. I only touch on it a bit during town design, its a fairly key area to get right as its a real battle if your town isn't producing enough goods.

Edit:
Update:
  • Added a section with links to other resources
  • Added section on "what to do when stuck"

Last edited:

DeletedUser4778

I have also wondered if I should talk more about goods production. I only touch on it a bit during town design, its a fairly key area to get right as its a real battle if your town isn't producing enough goods.

I definitely agree that more tips on goods production will be very helpful to players that are always struggling for goods and will hopefully reduce cross-tier trades as well. I've been toying with it myself but am so busy these days with preparing for an apartment move and also because I need to gather my ideas for this topic since there are so many factors involved. I already have some suggestions but I'd like to have more before I put up anything. I've also been thinking of doing something similar to what Platinum Leaf has done on city design but I don't want to compare two cities, I want to take an existing design and show how it could be more efficient (and organized as well as aesthetic). The things that are stopping me are player sensibilities and my lack of graphic skills.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I haven't seen what platinum leaf is doing, what do they do?
I was working on some example cities at the end of each era but that was more of a loose guide for certain buildings and such.

DeletedUser4778

I haven't seen what platinum leaf is doing, what do they do?
I was working on some example cities at the end of each era but that was more of a loose guide for certain buildings and such.
It's a somewhat old thread in which they compared two cities and their progress (and I suppose to better illustrate the boosted goods strategy). I think the photo collection was called "A Tale of Two Cities".

EDIT: Hm, been scouring both Platinum Leaf sites and haven't found it so far. Searching in Google using phrases I remember is not helping me either. @Jackluyt: Would you be so kind as to give us the link for that post where you compared two cities. I remember that it started with something like, "When X was a new player, he thought Y was a god", and then later, something like, "Now X is the one teaching Y how to play."

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Recent updates:
  • Tournament tables (graphics) updated - a little more work is needed for provinces 9+
  • Mainline Quests for S&D era
  • Culture per square table was added (been available for a couple weeks)
  • Added portrait for Shrewdy Shrooms wonder
Working on:
  • Need to rework wording of tournament guide and strategy for them.
  • Repeatable quests for S&D are 1/2 done, just need time to finish them and post. ;)
  • S&D guest race section

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Recent updates:
  • Added a chapter 9 town design
  • Revised Tournament section with an updated graphic and strategy section
  • Continually adding to quests for S&D
Edit:
  • Updated wonder section - description and strategy classification.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Updated:
  • Added mainline quests for elves for chapter 4 and 5, partial chapter 3
  • Added glossary of terms
Edit:
  • Updated the Magic Academy and spells section

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Update:
  • Added a chart to tournaments for goals for fellowships to attain the 10th chest. Any strategy ideas from fellowships on attaining this are appreciated.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Update:
  • Elixir section of the combat guide has had a graphic update and the strategy section is expanded.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Update:
  • Several charts and pictures in the combat section were updated
  • Added a unit comparison section for combat