• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykans Guide - Wonders

DeletedUser7370

As can be seen from the graph obtaining one of your 3 rewards is as efficienct as one of your factories or just below, if you obtain 2 or all 3 reward chests your efficiency is well above that of a single factory without allowing for Magical Manufacturing spells.
I must disagree with this statement. A L1 Crystal Lighthouse would currently provide me with 519 goods per chest. At 3 chests per day that totals 1557. My elixir factory is L15 taking up a 4x5 space. I have max boosts for that and a L1 Mountain Halls. The production from my elixir factory is 1500 every 3 hours. I tend to complete that production 6 times per day, making the total output per day 9000 elixir.

My crystal (16 squares) and steel (18 squares) do not have max boost yet. They are both L19 and produce 1498 and 1414 respectively for each 3 hours.

I think in your graphic you failed to account for boosts. Anyone that has developed enough to be able to build the CL/BS will likely have at least a 300% boost and most will probably have 500% or higher.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@TedGrau @Mykan
Because there are so many variables like boosts and production times I would suggest that a more accurate comparison might be to go with
  • 100% boost x chapter (so a level 6 player has 600% boost)
  • 9h/9h/3h production cycle (which is about 50% more than 24h)
  • 1 of each chest every day (that should be the long term average)
  • Use best non-premium pure culture, workshop, and residence for each chapter to support (including the min # of roads assuming perfect placement: short side of buildings/2)
  • max level factory for each chapter
  • min provinces to open next chest in tech tree +10%(not sure about the +10%, might not be needed as it's easy to add later)
Then use the total of 1 factory of each tier + all support buildings (to reach net 0 supplies and culture) and average out their goods per square to compare against the CL/BS

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think in your graphic you failed to account for boosts. Anyone that has developed enough to be able to build the CL/BS will likely have at least a 300% boost and most will probably have 500% or higher.

You are correct I forget to mention boosts in the qualifications. I have been halted in some of my analysis due to computer troubles but will see what I can add later. Some analysis is very difficult due to the uniqueness of everyone's town having different boosts, population, activity level, required culture, etc. so it forces me to make some assumptions or in the case of boosts ignore them and let people do some maths based on their situation. Where possible I can try to provide helps for those less inclined for maths like the break even point graphs for certain wonders. Always happy for suggestions on a comparison that can be done easily and presented clearly to help people.

@SoggyShorts I have ignored activity (9hr,9hr,3hr) and boosts for now. I did however forget to include roads in my calculation but again a person might be using multiple roads for a building or 1.
I will have to see if I can do a scenarios type situation for people. I trying to complete some basic analysis on all wonders before adding to much extra. Anyone who hates graphs and analysis needs to avoid this section :cool: I suspect this area is more like candy for others :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

I think 70 provinces is the requirement to open the chest for Chapter 5. Assuming an even distribution on the provinces that would be about 8 of each type. Eight province times eight relics gives 64 of each relic as a minimum. Looking at the boost table 61=241%, 68=254%. Perhaps using 250% for all chapters would make a reasonable comparison of raw output, or you could use the chest unlocking requirements to determine a minimum boost for each of the subsequent chapters. In any case once minimum boosts are factored in the CL/BS is less than 1/3 the output of a single factory.

DeletedUser7370

Is that per square simple, or per square including all support buildings and roads?
I was stating on flat output. I am starting to think that after a certain point it becomes irrelevant to count the residences and culture buildings that go towards supporting these things. If I go crazy and switch to a tier 3 only build, then I would just sell my tier 1 and 2 factories since a single factory may be enough to carry me through the mana chapters. The extra space would go to residences and more culture. I don't need the population to support factories or workshops; I just want more coins to get more KP. Yes I know thinking in such a direction is a complete 180 from everything, but I think it start to be true in the later chapters. I seem to recall some well developed people saying they have added more factories just to soak up their unemployed population.

Going by Mykan's chart and boosting the factory lines by the 250% minimum that I suggested they come up to or above the top 3 chest level. As you pointed out it should be considered as one chest for each tier because the average will tend towards that value over time. You would have to ask him if he accounted for all the roads, culture, housing, and workshops when he did the per square calculations.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have added a graph allowing for a boost % of 250% and I picked an arbitrary 50% increase per chapter. Someone doing tournaments will outpace this easily. If you had max boosts of 700% the lighthouse efficiency is about 50-60% of a factory not counting faster collection times or spells. A level 11 wonder would put you in the ballpark of a max boost buildings efficiency give or take a bit for collection rates and provinces.

I have decided not to factor in roads as a persons town design will vary and they might be using 1 or more roads. 1 road for each building makes minimal difference to the comparison.

Note the halfling tech for magical buildings is missing from the current graph, this will make it do a large jump in chapter 11 similar to the pattern of the basic and crafted goods did for their respective chapters.

Edit: Graph fixed for T3 goods in halflings

Last edited:

DeletedUser3434

What happens when you sell an A/W? Where do the shards and runes go?