• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery Markets

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Be careful, maybe @crackie will sell some of her shenanigans :p
What do you mean by "maybe"? That insinuates uncertainty and doubt. BTW, we were only one Walter away from a Rooster in this mini-challenge! @MaidenFair would have been so happy.

Internally everyone but EN is INT and EN is pioneer or something like that.
What about selling pioneers? We need fresh settlers for the new market. Only the heartiest players that know what they're doing will survive the vast desert of a new world that greatly lacks any neighbors, without inundating support with limericks.

I'm trying to pack the Council of CMs to counter Tonga by taking a page out of Roosevelt's playbook. We need more markets with CMs aligned with our interests so we can get more resolutions passed. And if we sell enough pioneers, maybe EN collapses and I don't have to be an Archmage anymore. Perhaps I should be posting this in the forum contest thread. I seemed to have found a goal.

Or I can also sell XMAS trees to jaded city elves. Weren't you all for Christmas markets?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What would one be selling in this mystery market?
Why, Sweets of course! Candy and cookies and cakes and pies! Winning sweet recipes in the recipe contest will have their own stall. There should be 2 stalls for non-sweet snacks as well. One for traditional savory/salty snacks and one for exotic savory/salty snacks. Crackie's winning recipe would be an example of an exotic savory/salty snack.

psst... @crackie
did you forget who we were trying to convince to allow this new mystery market? Target your audience!!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Why, Sweets of course! Candy and cookies and cakes and pies! Winning sweet recipes in the recipe contest will have their own stall. There should be 2 stalls for non-sweet snacks as well. One for traditional savory/salty snacks and one for exotic savory/salty snacks. Crackie's winning recipe would be an example of an exotic savory/salty snack.
I'm in.

What about selling pioneers? We need fresh settlers for the new market. Only the heartiest players that know what they're doing will survive the vast desert of a new world that greatly lacks any neighbors, without inundating support with limericks.
I already have numerous complaints about Orcs, I cannot imagine the uproar over selling Pioneers

crackie

Crackie's winning recipe would be an example of an exotic savory/salty snack.
Excuse me, but the combination of half melted Swedish Fish and marshmallows is powerful enough to punch through the intense heat of Flaming Hot Cheetos and send you straight into a diabetic coma. It's a nuclear explosion of umami! (@Alram - what is umami and when can we turn "The Flippers Just Flip" into a game show in the Lounge? You can have guests too, like @samidodamage, who has grandkids too.)

psst... @crackie
did you forget who we were trying to convince to allow this new mystery market? Target your audience!!
I did hedge and end with "or sell XMAS trees to jaded city elves"! You've obviously not been dodging enough demerit deathtraps to understand and appreciate the amusement of learning they internally call that boot camp over there "pioneer". I didn't know to laugh or cry after reading about @Jackluyt's image demerits this week. The good news is you won't be eligible to be sold as a pioneer in the market stalls like Jackluyt, @Lelanya, and me. Although, you have some pioneer spirit in you for living in the boonies and would probably be a good asset in settling a new world.

I already have numerous complaints about Orcs, I cannot imagine the uproar over selling Pioneers
But they don't need to come help clean up the messes we make in the U.S. market, and we are quite proficient at making them! Do you need to worry about a few pioneers going missing across the pond? I would think not! They're just being shipped off to a new world. Wait, isn't this how Australia was founded? Maybe they can finally get their own server.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm really surprised that anybody would ask what would be sold in a mystery market. After all, the word "mystery" is pretty clear. Perhaps some good old fashioned real mysteries...like where does crackie get such a great sense of humorous writing? I would like to know the answer to that as my own style is more wordy than witty, a point with which there should be no disagreement.

In any case, I could see a mystery market where you purchase the answers to many Elvenar questions -- but in a series of clues you have to solve. In addition to the above mystery, I'd add the whole, "where does one find out how to make real strawberry bear - with or without biscuits? --; why are the city elves jaded?, what is umami? (along with why those flaming hot cheetos are considered umami ((if I understood the post correctly)); and, of course, how you "half-melt" a fish. And so on. Mystery on mystery and every mystery interesting enough to really get your teeth into...if you aren't busy scarfing flamint hot cheetos, that is.

So, yes, a Mystery Market would be a great addition to the fun and games in Elvenar.

AJ

Zoof

[...] "where does one find out how to make real strawberry bear [...]
Sorry not sorry
1662132748338.png

crackie

I'm really surprised that anybody would ask what would be sold in a mystery market.
The original use of "market" that I quoted helya in the first post (this thread was split from another convo) refers to game world servers, as in "U.S. market". Since she said it doesn't exist and the only way to get a new server is with enough demand, I suggested we build literal markets to fulfill the justification of a new game world market. So the "mystery markets" being discussed is now both what are the vendors selling in their markets as well as what kind of brand new world this new unknown servers brings.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The original use of "market" that I quoted helya in the first post (this thread was split from another convo) refers to game world servers, as in "U.S. market". Since she said it doesn't exist and the only way to get a new server is with enough demand, I suggested we build literal markets to fulfill the justification of a new game world market. So the "mystery markets" being discussed is now both what are the vendors selling in their markets as well as what kind of brand new world this new unknown servers brings.
That's what I get for not being "in the know." LOL

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Excuse me, but the combination of half melted Swedish Fish and marshmallows is powerful enough to punch through the intense heat of Flaming Hot Cheetos and send you straight into a diabetic coma. It's a nuclear explosion of umami! (@Alram - what is umami and when can we turn "The Flippers Just Flip" into a game show in the Lounge? You can have guests too, like @samidodamage, who has grandkids too.)

I did hedge and end with "or sell XMAS trees to jaded city elves"! You've obviously not been dodging enough demerit deathtraps to understand and appreciate the amusement of learning they internally call that boot camp over there "pioneer". I didn't know to laugh or cry after reading about @Jackluyt's image demerits this week. The good news is you won't be eligible to be sold as a pioneer in the market stalls like Jackluyt, @Lelanya, and me. Although, you have some pioneer spirit in you for living in the boonies and would probably be a good asset in settling a new world.

But they don't need to come help clean up the messes we make in the U.S. market, and we are quite proficient at making them! Do you need to worry about a few pioneers going missing across the pond? I would think not! They're just being shipped off to a new world. Wait, isn't this how Australia was founded? Maybe they can finally get their own server.
Wait a minute. I am eligible for what?? Sold as a pioneer? And why is that?
Really I am not an original player, I thought Elvenar looked a bit sketchy when it first hit the market (mainly because I was playing FB games at the time, on an antique PC).

crackie

Wait a minute. I am eligible for what?? Sold as a pioneer? And why is that?
Really I am not an original player, I thought Elvenar looked a bit sketchy when it first hit the market (mainly because I was playing FB games at the time, on an antique PC).
helya said the internal term for EN is pioneer. We play on EN so we are pioneers. The new mystery market needs new players so we can get a new friendly CM to pack the CM Council with. The best people to settle a brand new world would be the pioneer accounts! It’s in the name!

I do wish there was an ability to move your city to a different world though. I like my EN group, but I hate that it’s on EN. Recruiting in general is hard enough as it is. Reading all the rage quit posts over the years on EN is nothing short of frustrating because it’s all so preventable. Now we are expected to recruit tumbleweeds…yay, thanks for unnecessarily making our difficult jobs even more difficult. I’d totally buy tickets to move my whole EN FS to a new mystery world if I could.