• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Aritra

@Aritra
Did you watch the video @T6583 posted above? It was made by iDavis and the instructions for using the candles, lanterns, and flash flasks begins at about 2:25 minutes into the video. The candle that is on the grid is a prize you are trying to uncover, it is not in your inventory yet. While that video is from the browser version, it will work similarly on mobile. Mobile shows your inventory of items you can use to clear the mist on the right instead of the left and requires tapping instead of clicking.
I understand that about inventory.
I can't purchase or select the candle.
I watched the video attached near the beginning of this thread. Nearly nothing to it, very very short. Apparently there are other videos. Just found the eleven minute one. It looks more promising. Gotta get back to work now. I'm not giving up. I'm just extremely frustrated.

Aritra

Update: I got my candle. You don't tap it. Needs continuous touch to carry it to arena and drop it where you want to go (like relocating buildings or street tiles), and it does highlight available places as advertised. Would have been nice if the info button told you to drag it, not only tell you what its for.

Porcinus

i like the way i get to choose my tools when exploring the forest.
however i am always running out of candles and was hoping there was more ways to get some. there arent many in the wild so its either the 10 for 1 buy or the 195 for a bundle buy. would be nice to have a deal on 3 or 5 of them costing a bit less than 10 each.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i like the way i get to choose my tools when exploring the forest.
however i am always running out of candles and was hoping there was more ways to get some. there arent many in the wild so its either the 10 for 1 buy or the 192 for a bundle buy. would be nice to have a deal on 3 or 5 of them costing a bit less than 10 each.

The package costing 420 ingredients is a better deal, so don't buy the 195 package unless you are really desperate for the daily prize.

Porcinus

heh. by the time i get 420 purses the event may be over :oops:

Apropos, the announcement on facebook said there was a bonus package we would receive by email. I couldnt find one in my emails or spams.

Last edited:

Bethanne Rainbow

Hello everyone,

The upcoming Halloween event has just been announced.
As always, please let us know what you like/dislike/love/hate in this thread!

We look forward to your feedback :)
I LOVE this game. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love the cats. I watched the video thru, and had just a stumble or two but it is smooth sailing now! Great job! And I love the graphics! Thanks

Bethanne Rainbow
Archmage, New Haven Warriors

DeletedUser7516

First time posting--but, I have a huge issue with this event. I have played similar on Forge of Empires and have no issue with the format and mostly enjoy them. When I move across the game path I want to see what is ahead of time so I can plan my path strategy. The graphics for the Elvenar version are horrible. I have to get one inch from my computer to be able to tell which blue tiles are fogged and which are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asterque

I really like the new event :) It has a candy crush feel to it, and it's pretty easy to navigate through. I just used the items provided and I was on my way. The candle is great...opens the spaces one at a time and then you can see what's in the fog. Fun, fun fun!

Thanks for a great event :p

DeletedUser19472

Hello everyone,

The upcoming Halloween event has just been announced.
As always, please let us know what you like/dislike/love/hate in this thread!

We look forward to your feedback :)
whom ever came up with this setup, well here's your sign!!!!
I played 1 or 2 times, and well you lost me! Anything I need PHD to play is not a game any longer!

Aritra

I really like the new event :) It has a candy crush feel to it, and it's pretty easy to navigate through. I just used the items provided and I was on my way. The candle is great...opens the spaces one at a time and then you can see what's in the fog. Fun, fun fun!
Thanks for a great event :p
What kind of Candy Crush are you playing?!? :rolleyes:
(mostly rhetorical)
I see nothing to compare it to CC other than a grid (which a fairly standard base).

I like it better when quest fulfillment was the hardest part. I want this back to redemption phase, not gambling away part of your earnings to redeem part of it.
I worked hard for those earnings. For three weeks during an event, I rearrange my whole schedule to maximize quests (because I don't see how its possible to do casually) just for a handful of buildings and artifacts. This was the first time I had the aid of the beta list and the first time I felt I might actually achieve all evolutions (never have gotten beyond eight, and that one time was by the skin of my teeth). Gambling losses are so disappointing and really make my accommodation/sacrifices not feel worth it. :(
People have come to know I'm opinionated but I'm not a complainer. I have to be pretty agitated to share my disappointment so [semi]publicly. I know there are many people who worked hard on this to entertain a wider audience, but this doesn't work for me. I'm hoping it goes back, or at least closer to before.

Aritra

heh. by the time i get 420 purses the event may be over :oops:

Apropos, the announcement on facebook said there was a bonus package we would receive by email. I couldnt find one in my emails or spams.
I got the email, but it didn't say what the prize was. I followed the link but I still don't know if I even got anything because I dont know what it was or what changed.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Those who played on beta.. is it necessary to clear every single fog tile? Because you can see when the cat, a magic item, or a chest is underneath.. I don't want to waste magic items.
You have to clear the tiles if you want to get the items underneath and place them in inventory. But no, you don't have to clear every fog tile on the screen. You're probably going to miss some as you keep moving forward (from left to right). Just try not to miss big blocks of fog where there might be good prizes. And don't pass by the ones that you've cleared enough to see there are prizes underneath.

farsticks2

You have to clear the tiles if you want to get the items underneath and place them in inventory. But no, you don't have to clear every fog tile on the screen. You're probably going to miss some as you keep moving forward (from left to right). Just try not to miss big blocks of fog where there might be good prizes. And don't pass by the ones that you've cleared enough to see there are prizes underneath.

Would you clear the fog circled in red? I was clearing squares, and I realize I didn't have to, and probably wasted more magic lights than I wanted to.

Attachments

• 2020-10-23 09.09.19.jpg
    2020-10-23 09.09.19.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 170

Gaylonia

I am not a fan of this event. Actually getting tired of the horrible prizes and how long it takes to get anything, if you even get anything at all. Too many events too close together, I had quit for a couple of years. Thinking of doing that again.

truelinor

You don't have to do the event. Just work on your city as you always do and things might coincide to where you can pick up a few prizes here and there without any trouble.

This is a really great game and I like to play it, but if something's bothering me, I just let it go. There's no reason to get all worked up about it - I want it to be fun, so that's how it is to me.

As for this particular event, I am not a fan of Halloween, but I find this new format really neat so I have been drawn in to playing it when I told myself this was one I could skip! LOL So, I'm having fun with it! Thanks to the Elvenar team for even thinking they had to do something different! It keeps it interesting!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not a fan of this event. Actually getting tired of the horrible prizes and how long it takes to get anything, if you even get anything at all. Too many events too close together, I had quit for a couple of years. Thinking of doing that again.

We actually have fewer events now than a couple of years ago, depending on whether you count the FAs as events of not. Two+ year ago, we would have a four big events and four mini-events that alternated, so 8 events per year. Now we only have the big events, roughly every other month, for 6 events per year. If you want to count the FAs, then we have had one follow an event five of the six times last year, and one event with no FA so far this year, for 5 FAs per year. But as Inno staff are fond to point out in the past, tournaments and events and FAs are all optional and just because it is there, that does not mean you have to do it.