• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Aritra

Not in favor of this event. It's not fun.
Half way between a hidden object game and dung...er... dumb.
Relics relics more relics. Boring and below par prizes. Doesn't make me look forward to more of the same. And I hate the floaty thing while placing a candle.
Sorry for being negative.
I recently started not collecting the daily exclusive and saving my lights for looking for cats. It's not because I don't want the exclusive but that the chance is sooo low of acquiring it, if feels like the lights are better used passing it by. If I don't get the daily exclusive I get something else I don't care about, or something I'd like but in a quantity so low that, again, lights better used passing it by. It's sad really. Getting daily exclusives is supposed to be part of the attraction of the event.

linronhan

It is fairly simple. You click/tap on one of the lights in your inventory. Left side of the screen for browser and right side of the screen for mobile. Pick up a candle and put it on a square with white fog. The fog goes away. The lantern and the flask have to be used on squares that are completely empty. No fog or obstacle or chest or cat. Anything you reveal has to be manually collected. It it moves off the screen on the left, you have lost it.
It is not simple, not able to collect much, not happy with these changes

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What quest number is the cutoff on day four?
(the available quests structure was explained to me but I don't feel like doing the math right now and since you're there, you'd know, lol)
And, I know some are capable of flying through, and you're obviously one of them, but day four?!? o_O

I think it is quest 58? The first 54 quests are available right away and 21 more quests are unlocked one a day.

I did not do any advance prep, just was careful to use the tournament only for all the quests. And used MM enchantments for goods and some time boosters here and there.

linronhan

Including first step and through the end of that arena would have been even more helpful.

Video not nearly as helpful as I'd hoped. It was something, but I still feel clueless. I feel like every decision is so critical that its overwhelming and wants to trigger a panic attack. That's not fun. It doesn't have to be that hard. I'm honestly considering abandoning the quests and going back home and work on my city (which gets mostly abandoned during events due to quest demands). I won't jump to that decision and will keep collecting ingredients as I go but I'm really not interested in spending my free time so stressed. Elvenar is my escape from RL stress. Defeats its purpose in my life if it contribtes, instead of alleviates, stress. I'm not leaving Elvenar but I dont know about this event.
[Its not like I just started. I have 542 ingredients (probably a bit more since I haven't cleared the perimeter recently) and just waiting on my scout to close the 10th quest (contemplating using timers but not sure if wanted to so early) with quests 11-14 poised to fall like dominoes (assuming they follow list).]
agree, making this type of even too difficut, not rewards, no fun

Hueanthar

I recently started not collecting the daily exclusive and saving my lights for looking for cats. It's not because I don't want the exclusive but that the chance is sooo low of acquiring it, if feels like the lights are better used passing it by. If I don't get the daily exclusive I get something else I don't care about, or something I'd like but in a quantity so low that, again, lights better used passing it by. It's sad really. Getting daily exclusives is supposed to be part of the attraction of the event.

I'm also passing up everything except for cats. Trying to get as many Witch's Hut Artifacts as possible. This isn't fun. :confused:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What quest number is the cutoff on day four?
(the available quests structure was explained to me but I don't feel like doing the math right now and since you're there, you'd know, lol)
And, I know some are capable of flying through, and you're obviously one of them, but day four?!? o_O
The only way I can see that possible is with time instants, but if there's another way, I'd love to hear it.

Deleted User - 3932582

The only way I can see that possible is with time instants, but if there's another way, I'd love to hear it.
If you did some prep work, most of the quests could be insta-completed. I have done the main quest line within the first 7 hours, and most of this time was waiting for MA refresh for more VV sources. The only quests that I've spent meaningful amounts of time instants on were goods production quests. There were small speedups on catalyst production, small supply productions and rushing level upgrades, but all these were in fairly insignificant amounts.

Kekune

My two cents:
  • I'm very happy to have a new mechanic. Uncovering the fog is addictive, and far more engaging than click-click-repeat to open chests.
  • There is a strategy and a steep learning curve. I'm getting better at using my lights, and expect with experience this style could be very rewarding for grand prizes.
  • The dailies so far seem sparse. Since they're not great anyway, I'm not super broken up about it.
  • The number of relic quests feels a bit excessive.
  • I would like to see some more control over prizes. Someone earlier suggested a choice of chests or prizes when uncovered, which would be nice.
  • I'm happy the evolving building is clearly useful. Even if I *don't* get it fully evolved, I'll still feel like I got something worthwhile.
Overall, I like this event.

I don't like the new format for this event. In previous events by this time in playing it I would already have the building, and built it, and have at least 2 Evolves for it. In this event I have the building, but have not built it, and no Evolves. The lights system is cumbersome. I have won NO daily prizes. I am considering just stopping play in the event. I vote with many here to go back to the previous format next time. I doubt that will happen, it seems here that once a change is made there is no going back.

BrinDarby

@Darielle ,
to avoid using endless time boosts, you ask'd how then.....
MinMax has it right, and its the 6p way...
proper planning prevents piss poor performance.....

I personally call it task stacking.... if you need 3 admirable altairs in 6-12 hrs, start those NOW.
As MinMax said, they become insta-completes... for @least 4-7 in a row, then you get stuck again.
I'm only on 49, not into the dailies yet, but I haven't used alot of Tboosts..... sure some and a few
enchantments, and yeah you use the tourn/spire to help.....

As for this lousy event, again I like the format, its the implementation I object to..... like seriously, not fun.
I wait 3 days, cause I burned thru (2) 420 buys learning the UI and not to open every tile.... so...
anywhoo, after waiting 3 days to play, I pony up 420 again, to grab a 2x1 lonely scarecrow......
15 chests later.... 0 dailies... what a crock, by now any other event I wudda had 3 of them for that
outlay of pumpkins....... ( Not Fun ) ... IF I get to the end with nowhere to go and lights left....
I really think my head will explode, because that means other fog tiles could have been opened,
even if you think there's nothing there........

Players need some control over what they go for, and I really don't see that I have that.... I just don't.
Normally I wouldn't care spending 800 pumpkins for a daily, but only if I could earn 1/2 of that per day
thru the whole event..... we all know that in like 6-7 tasks I will only get 1 per day, so 420 will take
what 4-5 days.....I don't mind conserving so I don't run out, but never have I spent what I did today
NOT to get a daily prize.....

I think that for any 1 day, as you keep trying for that Daily, your chances should go up each try untill
by like try 10 its a lock, and if anywhere along the way you get 1, you lose any bonus % but it would
start building again..... There's no way to even go after more Pumpkins.....

I'm scared now by this thread....... Will the Map end ???????
Seriously, Inno..... step in and clear this , plz...... does the map just end even if
ppl have lights ( and some of those might be bought ) ?????????

Bottom line, good UI, great idea, horrible implementation ..... ( opinion )
BrinD

Black watch

agreed. I'll need to scout 2 more provinces, at a time cost of a whole day each, in order to complete the quest for these 16 relics ... unless I get lucky enough to get them in the MA. Right now with 3 hours to go, there are none in the MA.

One day for scouting... I'd love that... I'm over 61 hours now... Uhggg. I forces me into the MA and my CCs are now draining like the wind.

Update: I've cleared all my unfinished provinces and got 6 relics (since they were just one away from completion). I'll have 14 relics in 23 hours, assuming I do the whole province when it's finished scouting. I need 16 to get through this one quest. I may get relics in the MA; I may not. I may get relics in 3 gifts; I may not. This event is like watching paint dry, and I'm out of candles again and can't progress. I know people who are only buying candles, nothing else, but at that rate, I'd have about a third of the prizes I did on the last event and maybe 4 artifacts. I'm buying the 420s, but that's not working either. How does one get through this event with a fully evolved hut, if they don't have a lot of time instants and can't power their way through it with those? I can understand if you have hundreds and hundreds of time instants tucked away, but how do you do it otherwise?

Awesome question... Anyone? :)

Myosmar

I think it is quite nice to have a new mechanic, however separation of evolve artifact progression (spirit cats) being separated from chests for dailies killed that event for me.

I am skipping chests even when I know where they exactly are and just 1 candle away. Whoever thought making us choose between artifact progress and daily rewards absolutely have no understanding of elvenar community.

Kekune

Whoever thought making us choose between artifact progress and daily rewards absolutely have no understanding of elvenar community.
There's always been a choice of what to optimize, it just hasn't always been as clear that it's a trade-off. Certain chests in the 3-chest system are always better for dailies, grand prizes, KP, or whatever you might be seeking.

And I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing - it allows players to choose what they value most. Folks who want the cats and only the cats can maximize their artifacts. Folks who don't care about the main building can open every chest along the way. Most will probably do something in the middle. But it's good to have some element of choice in a game that's pretty heavy on luck.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh, I am deep in the 30s and 40s with most of my cities. This event actually supports game play this time, without too much distortion. I really like it, this is what we've been seeking for a while now.