• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

hvariidh gwendrot

i like the format but those "lost items" are the weakest set of prizes they have offered to date as far as i can tell, sure i needed some kp boosts but they are next to a big nothing inside for the most part .. on the randomness of it ..we asked 150 cities just past the halfway point and have come out with all but a few getting to 8-9 pre FA, a good chunk getting to 10 pre FA already... but the ones not getting to 8-9 are way down at 2-4 hats, i am getting a good flow of daily prizes but that seems to be in the minority .. it is halfwaysish and most are doing well HERE but i still have personal problems with all of the 150 basically doing the exact same thing and having a variety of results .. i think once the newness of the picking the way through the fog wears off, the lack of decent "lost items" and low daily prizes pay outs will settle in and folks will all be asking for better from the programmers but honestly i really don't think they listen or care what forum says or asks
p.s. the art work is excellent but that isn't enough if you keep watering down prizes and expect participation

Kekune

we asked 150 cities just past the halfway point and have come out with all but a few getting to 8-9 pre FA, a good chunk getting to 10 pre FA already... but the ones not getting to 8-9 are way down at 2-4 hats
Stats isn't my strong suit, but this seems like a weird distribution. Makes me wonder how many of those folks on the very low end don't have a good approach, strategy-wise.

Obviously, bad luck can strike anyone, and I don't mean to imply that *all* cities with poor outcomes are wasting their lights. But with such a big gap on the low end, I do wonder if there's a non-luck explanation driving most of those outliers.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
The daily exclusives are all weak bonuses > you are all better off waiting for x-mas event for some older, revisiting buildings. The witch hut far exceeds any daily exclusive, even if this is what you enjoy most from an event, these are not worth the squares you have in your city, this time. The wedding orc hybrid is an interesting new addition but will appeal to a select few.

The Fear of Missing Out can be shelved, you are doing yourself a favor not going for the daily's in this event. Still, you can collect a few on the days you want them while beelining it through the forest.The fog is simply a different strategy to obtaining the artifacts, as the Misty Forest is Endless, its dynamic is to lure you through it, not to clear it. Make a path, three candles deep, lantern up the middle of those three columns exposing squares in column 1, 2 and 3, and flask the obstacles that prevent you from progressing or seeing the next sure place for your next three candles deep again. You are not missing anything by leaving fog behind. There is 99% nothing behind it. You are not clearing for cats, you are taking cats you see and moving on, the cats are as Endless as the forest. That is hard to get behind but you are not "missing" any cats but leaving fog behind. You are simply getting other cats by finding the ones still ahead of you. You will not run out of forest, you will not run out of cats. You will run out of light. Tunnel through!

I hope the last 10 days are more successful and Cat-full for all of you!

hvariidh gwendrot

we chat it up a lot so strategy on light use is the same as far as i know, just a few have not been getting cats, but we are not sharing screen shots each line so can't say for 100% sure why there's half a dozen in the rears so bad

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
The cats are not on every screen. the opinion that "you should be seeing one every screen or light source" is wrong. Because your forest is endless. because your cats keep respawning ahead of you. Indefinitely.

Where are the cats? Alternate moving forward in the upper middle area, missing the top row and zig zag to the bottom through the middle to the top again missing the bottom row ( while using the bee line approach, i am simply saying don't stay through the center of the screen ). This creates a funneled light area, wide in front of you at all times. the obstacles usually lend a hand in allowing you to change up you path, don't always stay high or low and don't feel like you must clear every row from top to bottom.

My experiences, using 6000 event currency, i won a second witch hut on Beta. I roll on the last day, because the buildings are so weak in bonuses for chapter 15 player, i will disenchant absolutely anything i win. I missed the top and bottom rows 99.9% of the time. I went screens without cats. i used randomly more flasks at some points and more candles in others, then lanterns. it is all very random but one thing is for certain, there are more cats ahead. make sure you expose the maximum amount of squares with your lantern and flasks if your 3 candle lantern time is on you and not a good use of the technique you must pivot to the appropriate light source. Your lantern should be getting you everything uncovered ahead of you and most of the column behind you. Your flask should be acquiring you a spot ahead for your next candle to go or winning you the loot you have exposed with your lantern to save on using two candles ( or more )

Do not accidentally use candles on places you have already Exposed. if you see something, make sure your candle is out of your hand and click on it without any light source first.

There is no guarantee you will find cats every lantern or three candles used. You may plod through a few screens scrolls, but when you do find cats, there are sometimes two and three of them there. Just keep pushing through - you will have to spend light to get a few uncovered but do not linger! Do not uncover any extra fog. Full steam ahead :) Unlimited cats, Unlimited Forest ♥

I and everyone in my fellowship absolutely hates the way you have changed the game part of this quest to get the daily prizes and the artifacts to evolve. At least the old way even if you didn't get the daily prize you still got something. And you absolutely moved one step forward to get any artifact. With this that's not happening, and because of that I will probably not be able to fully evolve this building. And while we're on the subject of evolving buildings, bring back the sets, I am so sick of evolving buildings it's not even funny anymore.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Can I please remind everyone of the purpose of this thread, which is to discuss your feedback about the Misty Forest Event. If you'd like to continue your off topic discussion, please start a new thread. We've done a bit of clean up here, if your post is missing and you're not sure why, feel free to message me.

T6583

I love this event format. It hands down is my favorite event in the 4ish years I've been playing. I love that you need to use strategy and its not just a bunch of mindless clicking and doesn't solely relay on luck like past events. So thank you for that. Areas of improvement would be that once a light source is used it returns back to a normal curser. It's too easy to acciedently waste light sources in the current set up. The mobile app mechanics are extremely cumbersome and frustrating. I won't do the misty fog mini game in the app. It also would benefit from the light dots that the PC version has to show where a light source can be used (maybe this has already been implemented). The quest list needs some tweaking as well. There is entirely too many solve X encounters and collect relics quests. I think the comment someone made about it reminding them of the horrible endless quests with the back to back of extremely similar quests was spot on.

tiG23

love the format but the last daily quests are extremely hard on a young growing city. I was doing really well and now I've hit a wall.

AtaguS

Relic and Catalyst obtaining quests are particularly annoying.
Agreed. A couple times in an event is one thing...But I've run so low on MM spells now because I've been making CCs just to keep up with the quests. And for a game which punishes you for over scouting, it sure asks for a lot of "encounters" - some of which won't count the spire or tournament encounters. Some variety of quests would be a good change.

Frappuccino

Yes a better variety of quests would be nice for the most part I've seen more gather goods/relics/catalysts than anything else.

I'm sure this can be confirmed via checking the quest list found on elvengems but atm i'm far too lazy to do so. I'm still in chapter 3 on both of my towns so if it's annoying for myself I can only imagine the lethargy produced towards higher chapters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes a better variety of quests would be nice
Sadly this is at least as much the player's fault as the developer's.
Over the last 4 years and 25(?) events there have been complaints about virtually every single quest they've thrown at us.
I can totally understand why they'd just repeat a handful of tasks with alternatives that can be completed in a few different ways
e.g.
"Gain relics" can be done with crafting, world map, neighbor visits, and the tournament,
"Gain CCs" can be done with Spire chests, the MA, or Moonstone Library,
"Gain Goods" can be done with factories, set buildings, evolving prizes, Travelling merchants, and the Lighthouse

*note this doesn't mean I enjoy all of the repetition, I just have no alternative suggestion, and from what I've read no one else has much either.

Last edited:

AtaguS

Yes, more than likely every quest out there is good for one player and bothersome or annoying for another. If we're going to use brain space suggesting fixes may I suggest we start with suggesting to Inno that they NOT ask us to use event currency
to buy event tools
to perhaps maybe earn an event component
which at some distant point in time becomes
a single artifact
toward evolving an event building.
Just saying...
That's messed up.
[edited to add:] I should say that's messed up if Inno is trying to sell event currency either in packages or through the Outpost. They've seriously devalued the very currency they're trying to sell in their events.

shimmerfly

Dislike this one... too dependent on what's on the trader when you get this quest. This would be impossible for a new player that isn't in a FS and can't take a trade larger than 500/500.
True, I wasn't thinking about the amounts ...or lack of..smaller trades in the trader.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Maybe More of
Visit neighbors 10- 20 times
Post X# of trades or take X# of trades
Aquire X# of your choice of enchantments.
I know those may be easier but they're also more fun for the newer player.
I like these, but as you said, they are easy.
At least some quests should require time&effort and I draw a blank when trying to come up with something better than relics & goods.
We used to have XX 3/9/24/48h productions, but other than a handful at the start those are gone now too (presumably because players complained about having lv 1 turd towns for a month)