• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystical Object Alternative Prizes

Iyapo1

ps, i have never seen an "every other chest" possibility of getting the diamonds.
The chance of winning 500 diamonds is in every other chest. If it is not you should contact support.

Just because it is in every other chest does not mean you win it that often, I win fraggable buildings all the time too. As it is right now I have a chance at 500 diamonds for every 200 vision vapor I earn. So my question is where do you envision the guaranteed prizes falling?

Gladiola

The chance of 500 diamonds is 20% in every other chest, so on average in one out of 10 chests, over time, one will receive diamonds. Of course the RNG gods smile on some and frown on others.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The chance of 500 diamonds is 20% in every other chest, so on average in one out of 10 chests, over time, one will receive diamonds. Of course the RNG gods smile on some and frown on others.
Sometimes smile upon you, and sometimes frown upon you.

The smaller subset the more random it is, but I have openend hundreds of them by now, I have seen luck streaks of 6 x diamonds in a row (every other chest) and I have seen 40+ times nothing.

As with all randoms the more you try the closer you get to the average. the less you try the more random it becomes.
We as humans are also great in remembering the periods where we got nothing(bad) and easily to forget the periods where we get more than (good) average.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
We as humans are also great in remembering the periods where we got nothing(bad) and easily to forget the periods where we get more than (good) average.
As a croupier, I used to get bored at the blackjack table and would pick a complainer or two to track so that when they said
"I'm having the worst luck, I'm losing 3 out of 4 hands"
I could reply
"Actually you've won 17, pushed twice, won your double, and only lost 14"
They weren't the type to tip anyways...

shimmerfly

I really think you're missing the point here. There is no single right way to build a city.
You are absolutely correct! Don't let anyone bully you into doing anythng but playing your own game.

To get back to the OP. At some point in time the mana sawmill is a good thing. So for some it may be a good prize. To others it may stink.
So goes the whole game and how you perceive things. No big deal imo.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@CrazyWizard there is math and there is perception. I tried to capture both in my post.
Perception is very hard to change, you can eliminate it but then a game would become very "clinical" wich often makes it less fun.
It also create less incentive from a commercial perception.

"real city builders" like simcity and cities skylines ect are often very clinical. one of the most done things to those games is modding it like hell. pretty much all players who play it for more than a few hours mod it like hell.

A "clinical" game has 1 clear way to play it, and it makes it quite one dimensional.
A clinical elvenar would not have surevived to this day, you need RNG with all it's benefits and drawbacks to keep things interesting and different. sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better and also for the commercial value.

Imagine a game of chess where you opponent always makes the same move over and over and over again, it would no longer be a game and very boring.