• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystical Object Alternative Prizes

DeletedUser27062

Well, apparently the game just thinks I need a lot of blue flames, lol. I'll keep my eye out for those windmills.

Has anybody seen an igloo recently?
Yes! I got one a couple of weeks ago. They're awesome!

Edit: Got another today!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

Yeah, the pp isn't terrible, but don't you think it should be a fifty percenter if you're all the way at the top of the spire? A 15 or 25 just seems ridiculous on the big boss.
+1
I would have gone for 'an insult' but 'ridiculous' works too. :)

Gladiola

In my ch 3 beta city I would LOVE a free mana sawmill. I'm behind on my workshop upgrades and could do with free supplies.

If you have room for a mana sawmill you could put a level 3 residence and level 3 workshop in the same space and get a lot more supplies that way.

DeletedUser27062

If you have room for a mana sawmill you could put a level 3 residence and level 3 workshop in the same space and get a lot more supplies that way.

Except the mana sawmill is free, gives a little culture, uses only 2 squares of road. I don't need more res or even another ws. I just need to upgrade the ones I have. It's a balancing act because I need to keep enough supplies and coin for the spire. A free mana sawmill helps bridge the gap.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Except the mana sawmill is free, gives a little culture, uses only 2 squares of road. I don't need more res or even another ws. I just need to upgrade the ones I have. It's a balancing act because I need to keep enough supplies and coin for the spire. A free mana sawmill helps bridge the gap.

You can also craft the mana sawmill, if you have the resources when it shows up.

Gladiola

I looked at your beta city. It is overflowing with space and culture. (It is roughly twice the size of my chapter 3 almost chapter 4 city). Not sure how the mana sawmill would benefit you as much as upgrading a residence and a couple workshops.

It is interesting to see how people who have more advanced cities play chapter 3 or 4 cities and the things that concern them. In my observation they adopt strategies that are efficient in larger cities but do not serve smaller cities well.

DeletedUser27062

I looked at your beta city. It is overflowing with space and culture. (It is roughly twice the size of my chapter 3 almost chapter 4 city). Not sure how the mana sawmill would benefit you as much as upgrading a residence and a couple workshops.

It is interesting to see how people who have more advanced cities play chapter 3 or 4 cities and the things that concern them. In my observation they adopt strategies that are efficient in larger cities but do not serve smaller cities well.

I love my little 6 week old beta city. What is efficient for my city is to be spire-capable given I belong to a gold-spire fellowship. Every week I complete the spire and my tourney scores for the last 3 weeks are 1050, 1620, and 2160. To achieve that I've over-scouted so as to have enough space for all the lovely event buildings which are helping me fast track my city (I'll be ch 4 in a few days) by providing goods, supplies, coin, pop and culture for free. In return, I reap the collective rewards of gold spire and 10+ chest tourneys which I'll be able to use to upgrade my housing, workshops, and manus with no downtime. That's efficient...and a whole lot of fun!

Gladiola

@Eudaemonia the size of your city actually decreases the efficiency with which you can complete Spire encounters by raising the convince and fighting costs. Please do not take that as a criticism of your playstyle. You are having fun, and that is what is important.

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia the size of your city actually decreases the efficiency with which you can complete Spire encounters by raising the convince and fighting costs. Please do not take that as a criticism of your playstyle. You are having fun, and that is what is important.

It's not the size that matters but how you use it :)

But seriously, it simply isn't true that the size of your city decreases efficiency. The size of your city, or more accurately, the number of expansions placed is just one factor that is used in determining spire and tourney costs. Whilst size may increase that variable it also increases my goods & military production potential.

All those pretty event buildings means I pack more punch per square than if I'd built regular residences/workshops/manus. Of course this won't always be the case. Progression through the chapters shifts the pain points you'll face. It's common for small cities to hurt for coin but a rarity for post ch 5 or 6. Goods are hard to accrue in reasonable amounts early on yet it's fairly common to have a 200k goods balance by ch 7.

I don't have a single play style because I've never been one to paint by numbers but rather prefer to try new things. For example, in one of my ch 7 cities I have no T3 manufactories and instead gain 20k per day in T3 goods from event buildings. I'm not sure if this is maintainable but I'll enjoy the challenge of finding out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiola

@Eudaemonia with regard to punching more per square than if you'd build regular residences/workshops/manus, in my city that is half the size (16 expansions) at the same chapter with a combination of very selected event buildings (5 at this time) and regular residences/workshops/manus, I achieve essentially the same results as you are describing (my tournament scores are only 1890 because I only have 7 provinces of each type open, strategically choosing to scout less and save provinces for events, and I usually don't go all the way through the laboratory in the Spire because my fellowship only gets a bronze medal).

I have slightly less manufactory production than you do, with only 8 level 9 marble, 4 level 3 marble, 3 level 10 crystal and 1 level 4 elixir manufactories, but I maintain a growing goods balance with 2-star trades. (My fellowship is not hot on the spire, but we have very active traders.) I produce a substantial surplus of coins and sufficient supplies.

In what way are you punching above your weight per square? And how would a chapter 3 mana sawmill help with that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia with regard to punching more per square than if you'd build regular residences/workshops/manus, in my city that is half the size (16 expansions) at the same chapter with a combination of very selected event buildings (5 at this time) and regular residences/workshops/manus, I achieve essentially the same results as you are describing (my tournament scores are only 1890 because I only have 7 provinces of each type open, strategically choosing to scout less and save provinces for events, and I usually don't go all the way through the laboratory in the Spire because my fellowship only gets a bronze medal).

I have slightly less manufactory production than you do, with only 8 level 9 marble, 4 level 3 marble, 3 level 10 crystal and 1 level 4 elixir manufactories, but I maintain a growing goods balance with 2-star trades. (My fellowship is not hot on the spire, but we have very active traders.) I produce a substantial surplus of coins and sufficient supplies.

In what way are you punching above your weight per square? And how would a chapter 3 mana sawmill help with that?

I didn't say I was 'punching above my weight' which would imply I was somehow doing better or was superior to some other city at my level; I said I pack more punch per square meaning I make better use of my space by using hybrids than I would if I'd used regular buildings.

I really think you're missing the point here. There is no single right way to build a city.

Gladiola

My point has been that your beta city would not benefit substantially from a mana sawmill. There would be many other better uses for the space.

DeletedUser27062

My point has been that your beta city would not benefit substantially from a mana sawmill. There would be many other better uses for the space.

My city would benefit from a mana sawmill the same way it benefits from having hybrid buildings that supplement my goods production by 3k per day - the hybrids support my production which is inefficient due to low relic boost. It will take time to get enough relics for maximum boost so until then I use supplementary measures. The same applies to my workshops. Until I can afford to upgrade them sufficiently my city would benefit from supplementary supplies - especially free ones.

defiantoneks

i've thought for a while it could be interesting to have the option to stack Magic Academy collections, and wait for a bigger/better prize. so you hit 100, you can choose to collect OR let it continue to roll up and collect for something nicer at 200 or 300.

Iyapo1

i've thought for a while it could be interesting to have the option to stack Magic Academy collections, and wait for a bigger/better prize. so you hit 100, you can choose to collect OR let it continue to roll up and collect for something nicer at 200 or 300.
So, you dont think the chance at 500 diamonds in every other chest is good. How many collections do you envision netting the 500 diamonds?

defiantoneks

not sayin it isn't good. but for those disappointed in some of the gifts, it would be an option to separate the 500 diamonds option out, and put it in a tiered prize structure. if you're patient, you could/would have a better shot at the diamonds.

ps, i have never seen an "every other chest" possibility of getting the diamonds. usually lampions, kp, blue flames, snowy trees, etc.
while i have gotten diamonds from the MA chest before, it's certainly not that frequent. i personally dont get super invested in the prize. free is free. but i do understand the disappointment people have.