• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystical Object gives candies?

DeletedUser23265

And only 150? That is a really bad deal. 8x 8h boosters OR 35 KP OR 150 lame candies, not even enough to open the best box which has what? 30 AK or 20 KP...

Worst part is there was no notice. I think my box before the event had 4(6?)(8?) winter lampions as the third option. Finish the box and surprise! 150 candies! What? No thanks. Now I'm about to finish another box but don't want to until the event ends. Is there anyone who does not want candies removed from Mystery Object?

Daiman Rahl

Yea I'm about in the same boat. I'll hit 100 today. But I don't want 150 candies. So I'll wait and sit on the points. until this event is over.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Worst part is there was no notice.

Pretty sure there was a notice, I am sure I recall seen one in-game. For players where this is not their first event this has been standard practice for sometime. The good news is you can ignore it and you count keeps adding up in the background. I haven't saved enough for 2 in a row so unsure if that works but can definitely save a lot without collecting.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Pretty sure there was a notice, I am sure I recall seen one in-game. For players where this is not their first event this has been standard practice for sometime. The good news is you can ignore it and you count keeps adding up in the background. I haven't saved enough for 2 in a row so unsure if that works but can definitely save a lot without collecting.

There was a notice, but it was not on the first day, maybe not until a few days after the event started.

But anyone that this is not their first event played, would know about this already. The event currency has been in the Vision Vapor chests in events for almost a year now, so for many events, maybe as far back as last year's Easter/Phoenix event.

And I am glad they are in there because in at least one event, the event currency I won from these chests made the difference between getting something I wanted and not getting it without having to spend money or diamonds.

DeletedUser23265

I think you can simply not open it. If you keep crafting, the vision vapor should keep accumulating, you just won't see your total until you open the box.
That is good to know. It would be great to know if we can save up enough to open more than one.

DeletedUser23265

There was a notice, but it was not on the first day, maybe not until a few days after the event started.

But anyone that this is not their first event played, would know about this already. The event currency has been in the Vision Vapor chests in events for almost a year now, so for many events, maybe as far back as last year's Easter/Phoenix event.

And I am glad they are in there because in at least one event, the event currency I won from these chests made the difference between getting something I wanted and not getting it without having to spend money or diamonds.
Really? 150 candies made the difference? It just does not seem like very many. Like I mentioned, not even enough to open the biggest chest.

DeletedUser23265

I expect so. Anyone who actually wants the Grand Prize full levelled. I think a single hit of 150 candies just about doubles (or more) the average player's chance of completing by adding about 2% to their candy total.
Can you explain your math please? Especially the part where 2% extra candy doubles a player's chance of completing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can you explain your math please? Especially the part where 2% extra candy doubles a player's chance of completing.
Becuase the total number of candies available has a hard limit. The average person who completes all the quests and picks up about 18-20 candies per day will win just over 15 grand prizes, which is only 8 level ups, getting your building to level nine. Around 2% of players will be on the lucky end, and get enough extra candies in chests to complete 17 grand prizes, to get nine level ups for a level 10 building. Having an extra 150 candies increases the average player's wins to about 15.5 grand prizes, and moves the number of people who will get to 17 up to about 4%, so with an extra 150 candies each, twice as many average players will complete their building.

To be clear, It's only doubling from around 2% to around 4%, but doubling nevertheless.

If you dig around back to the pre-endless quests posts, there are several threads where people talk about the pitiful chance of completion.

Deleted User - 4366037

Well the math for doubling from 2-4% makes sense, though I can't say I am excited about those numbers lol. I suppose if the evolving building had a much more significant value or benefit for my current chapter (CH 5), then those extra 150 candies could provide a more significant value. I think it just seems terrible compared against the previous endless quests structure that at least gave you the option for continuing to work hard for 20-point bonuses. I would much prefer that option and sticking to the other mystical object prizes.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It caused quite a lot of angst in the past, which is one of the reasons that those of us who participated before last spring were so unhappy that they just plopped us back on the old style event.

DeletedUser23265

Becuase the total number of candies available has a hard limit. The average person who completes all the quests and picks up about 18-20 candies per day will win just over 15 grand prizes, which is only 8 level ups, getting your building to level nine. Around 2% of players will be on the lucky end, and get enough extra candies in chests to complete 17 grand prizes, to get nine level ups for a level 10 building. Having an extra 150 candies increases the average player's wins to about 15.5 grand prizes, and moves the number of people who will get to 17 up to about 4%, so with an extra 150 candies each, twice as many average players will complete their building.

To be clear, It's only doubling from around 2% to around 4%, but doubling nevertheless.

If you dig around back to the pre-endless quests posts, there are several threads where people talk about the pitiful chance of completion.
Okay, so if I understand what you are saying, the candy quests run out? I thought they went on forever in some sort of rotation or random rotation. If that is the case, I still think the reward for 100 VV should be more like 1000 candies at least.

Deleted User - 3932582

That is good to know. It would be great to know if we can save up enough to open more than one.
You can save up for more than one. I have done it with 2 or 3, and I know people who stored way more than 10 objects worth of vapor. I doubt there is a limit, and if there is, it is high enough not to care for any practical applications.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay, so if I understand what you are saying, the candy quests run out? I thought they went on forever in some sort of rotation or random rotation. If that is the case, I still think the reward for 100 VV should be more like 1000 candies at least.
That was true of the previous few events, but they have returned to an earlier design for this one. There are exactly 85 sequential quests (with increasing candies per quest to 100) which are the same for everyone, plus 1 quest every day for th duration of the event. That is all the quests there are..

Deleted User - 4366037

That was true of the previous few events, but they have returned to an earlier design for this one. There are exactly 85 sequential quests (with increasing candies per quest to 100) which are the same for everyone, plus 1 quest every day for th duration of the event. That is all the quests there are..
In other words they again made it so that regardless of how much time is invested or effort put in to the event, it may still be impossible for a player to fully upgrade a building without spending money.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In other words they again made it so that regardless of how much time is invested or effort put in to the event, it may still be impossible for a player to fully upgrade a building without spending money.
Effectively, if not actually. You have about a 98% chance of being failing to fully upgrade.