• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystical Object gives candies?

DeletedUser25004

Only if next year its the same event building, and looking back on previous events that doesnt seem likely. @Ramboface

Deleted User - 1178646

But if it's still counting, how you can be sure that you will be able to open all of them when the time comes? ;)

Well I assume than an event takes longer than opening the chests ;)

As long as the counter keeps counting it works, the time it stops counting or resets or whatever, I get worried as then I have hit the limit of the database string.
So time to cross my fingers when I hit 9999 vapor :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If your Fellowship can finish the next FS Adventure, the recent pattern has been to give two artifacts from the last Event, so you only need 7 to have enough to get to Level 10 f that happens

DeletedUser2959

In other words they again made it so that regardless of how much time is invested or effort put in to the event, it may still be impossible for a player to fully upgrade a building without spending money.
Yes, but this has always been the case. If nobody spent money there'd be no Elvenar.

Deleted User - 4366037

If nobody spent money there'd be no Elvenar.
Obviously I agree with you completely on this point. My thing is that I do not like this direction some developers take to earn revenue—the path of requiring cash to complete in-game events. That is reminiscent of just about every p2w/p2p MMORPG on mobile. there are many other ways for city-building games to earn revenue that do not hurt the game-play so significantly, many of which Inno also employs. As many others have said, if Inno introduced a permanent in-game store as an extra outlet for diamonds, for example, I imagine many players would utilize it. As there is no PVP element in this game, there is no true harm to the community if some players paid for more unique buildings, such as the magic residences and workshops that already exist.

At least it is my hope that Inno ultimately goes down a path that does not involve creating events where f2p players know from Day 1 that they would not be able to obtain the main prize. And I am saying this as Some.one ( ;) ) who is not f2p.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
the path of requiring cash to complete in-game events
Most people can complete the event without spending anything, they just won't get a fully-evolved building that isn't worth having anyway.

And most people will be able to get 7 artifacts without spending anything. If they are in a group that completes the next set of fellowship adventure paths, they will get two more, and have a fully-evolved building that isn't worth having anyway.

Deleted User - 4366037

@Ashrem To clarify, when I say complete the event I mean complete the evolving building that is the feature and main prize of the event - not complete the quests. Though I certainly agree with you on this event building not being worth it anyway.

AtaguS

If they are in a group that completes the next set of fellowship adventure paths, they will get two more, and have a fully-evolved building that isn't worth having anyway.
Dare I bring up the universal artifact issue one more time? (quite sure a new drinking game is being born). I have not elected to place the event evolving building as it brings little to on value to my city. Ok, no big deal. I like playing the game and events are fun in their own right. I have no problem ignoring prizes in events that don't add value to my city, and saving up my candies for ones that do. But it is a tad annoying that I'm stuck having to ignore FA prizes too. Yeeeesssss, FAs are fun in their own right too...but just ugh on only being able to use the artifacts from a FA on a specific evolving building.

Vergazi

It does seem to me that having at least the same number of candies from a MO as from the largest chest would be more...well, not fair, but more in proportion perhaps? And having a reduced chance of getting diamonds is kinda terrible. But, as was said in this thread the VV builds up beyond 100, so it's more of an inconvenience, if that's the issue.

Tangentially, someone once mentioned they would like a chance to opt out of events. I would suggest, informally in this forum, that a better option might be to have a toggle to show/hide the quests and the event...idk what do we call the thing next to the Avatar...the Event Blazon?

Laochra

Dare I bring up the universal artifact issue one more time?
I like the idea of a universal artifact in the FAs. It would certainly help make the FAs a little more worthwhile since the taskmasters' demands heavily outweigh the rewards. Inno could create a universal artifact for a prize in each stage & each FS that captures that flag could then have the option to choose which building to upgrade. In some of my cities, I opted not to have the Stonehenge, so when the Stonehenge artifacts were offered in the FA, I had no use for them.

DeletedUser23265

Well I assume than an event takes longer than opening the chests ;)

As long as the counter keeps counting it works, the time it stops counting or resets or whatever, I get worried as then I have hit the limit of the database string.
So time to cross my fingers when I hit 9999 vapor :p
This has been driving me crazy...where can I find my current VV count? Once I go over 100 the place that normally says x/100 VV is just a button to collect the MO. I swear I've looked everywhere in both web version and mobile version. Can't find my current VV count...

Deleted User - 1178646

This has been driving me crazy...where can I find my current VV count? Once I go over 100 the place that normally says x/100 VV is just a button to collect the MO. I swear I've looked everywhere in both web version and mobile version. Can't find my current VV count...

Nowhere unless you know how to read the gamefiles, quite often a file is send to your computer that tells almost everything about your account, in it is a lot of information.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Dare I bring up the universal artifact issue one more time? (quite sure a new drinking game is being born). I have not elected to place the event evolving building as it brings little to on value to my city. Ok, no big deal. I like playing the game and events are fun in their own right. I have no problem ignoring prizes in events that don't add value to my city, and saving up my candies for ones that do. But it is a tad annoying that I'm stuck having to ignore FA prizes too. Yeeeesssss, FAs are fun in their own right too...but just ugh on only being able to use the artifacts from a FA on a specific evolving building.
I never have enough frags for the MA, so I like that the artifacts give a lot more and don't consider them a waste. Of course, some people have more spell frags than they know what to do with, so I guess every player is different.

AtaguS

@Darielle Yup...that's my current boat. Spire gives so many spell fragments to my city...the idea of crafting useless Phoenix and Bear evolves with all my extra fragments just to tear them apart again...for fragments...feels a little too much like watching a gerbil on a treadwheel. haha! I don't mind ignoring things that help others even if they don't help me...but FAs require a different level of commitment and group participation, i.e. organization, than events so it seems reasonable to hope the prizes would reflect that just a little. Maybe let players craft specific evolve artifacts in the MA (even at great cost...ok) but then offer 1 or 2 ever sought after universal artifacts in the following FA. Shoot, I'd work my tail off for just one at the end of the 3rd map, or as a top 25 prize...etc.

Darielle

@Darielle Yup...that's my current boat. Spire gives so many spell fragments to my city...the idea of crafting useless Phoenix and Bear evolves with all my extra fragments just to tear them apart again...for fragments...feels a little too much like watching a gerbil on a treadwheel. haha! I don't mind ignoring things that help others even if they don't help me...but FAs require a different level of commitment and group participation, i.e. organization, than events so it seems reasonable to hope the prizes would reflect that just a little. Maybe let players craft specific evolve artifacts in the MA (even at great cost...ok) but then offer 1 or 2 ever sought after universal artifacts in the following FA. Shoot, I'd work my tail off for just one at the end of the 3rd map, or as a top 25 prize...etc.
I agree that the FA prizes leave much to be desired. I do wish I had your problem on frags, though. :p

Darielle

@Darielle Not a Spire fan?
Afraid not. I just take the first two chests each week for frags and then forget the rest. I was burned too badly there, and I like tourneys and FA much better, so I'll be joining a FS again just as soon as my visiting family leaves in a couple weeks.