• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Name of the Current World

Add the name of the world somewhere

• In Favor

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The name of the current world you are playing in doesn't seem to be anywhere easily found....or anywhere at all since I haven't found it. It would be nice for those who are playing in multiple worlds, to have a quick way to find out. You can, of course, log out and see, then log back in, but that takes a bit of time. Here's my suggestions.

1) In chat there is an "i" for information in the upper left corner. It offers "here's where you chat with your fellowship" Yeah, a bit silly. Change it to "Here's where you chat with your fellowship on [name of current world]"

2) Hovering over the world gets you "World Map" and the status of scouting and the current tournament (this I didn't know and just discovered!). How about "World Map of [name of current world]

Suggestion 1
Pros: The first suggestion would be very easy to set up as it means adding only the name of the world to the information already there.

Cons:
1) If the devs have programmed the tool tip for the entire game it would have to be reprogrammed to look up the name of the world. That might not be as easy as it seems.
2) The location in the chat window's information icon isn't intuitive. People would need to learn that it was there.

Suggestion 2
Pros:
1) Just adding the name of the world to what is already there has to be about as easy as it gets.
2) It's pretty intuitive since it an icon of the world and just hovering over it would get you the info you want.

Cons:
1) Programming again. But this should be easier since the icon is already programmed to look up the tournament and the status of scouting. Another line with "what world is this anyway?" would be pretty easy.

Overall I think the second suggestion is best.

What do you think?

AJ

Last edited:

DeletedUser29768

I agree, the second suggestion would be much better. Another idea would be to display the world name instead of the player's city name when on the world map. This would be about as conspicuous as it gets, and probably not too difficult to code.

By the way, I can't even get anything to display when I click/hover on the "i" icon in chat; anybody else experiencing that?

DeletedUser29768

Can you just change your own city name to reflect your world?
You could, but it doesn't sound ideal. If you include the actual name of the world, you're using up space that could be used for more important info for your fellows. (I also don't like the idea of having a world name tacked to the end of my city name, but maybe that's just me.) If you mean memorizing which name goes with which world... that sounds like a recipe for more confusion. Having the world name easily accessible in the game seems like a much better solution.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I open chat or the fellowship list. The names of the players tell me which world I’m in. Having it displayed, perhaps under our player name, would help a bit. It would also benefit mobile and browser players with no clicking or hovering. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, the "i" icon doesn't respond easily. At first I thought it didn't have anything to say but after a few tries I got it to come up with "you can chat with your fellowship here" or something as silly.

AJ

DeletedUser29768

They could simply add it to your fellowship overview page. Easy Peasy
The fact that there are so many easy solutions makes it all the more inexcusable that they haven't done anything about this. I seriously doubt this is the first time this has been a problem for a player, and it's a very obvious fix. I don't care which of these suggestion they use, but they really need to do something so players don't have to denote the world a city is in as part of its name.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Mobile players need something much more than browser players do. On the browser, the url tells you the exact number for the server/world you are on. US1 or US2 and so on. If someone can't remember the actual name, they still know where they are. But on mobile, there are no numbers. And even if someone logs out as far as the world selection screen, that only shows the ones where you have a city, but no way to tell which one you logged out from, if you play on more than one

Myne

Oh Wise One
The fact that there are so many easy solutions makes it all the more inexcusable that they haven't done anything about this. I seriously doubt this is the first time this has been a problem for a player, and it's a very obvious fix. I don't care which of these suggestion they use, but they really need to do something so players don't have to denote the world a city is in as part of its name.
Mobile players need something much more than browser players do. On the browser, the url tells you the exact number for the server/world you are on. US1 or US2 and so on. If someone can't remember the actual name, they still know where they are. But on mobile, there are no numbers. And even if someone logs out as far as the world selection screen, that only shows the ones where you have a city, but no way to tell which one you logged out from, if you play on more than one

The maybe we need the poll. Do we need to agree on where to put it or can that be decided by devs?

DeletedUser29768

Usually I prefer we tell them where to put it instead of giving them the opportunity to tell us...

Seriously, though, I think it's a good idea and it may be safe to just provide a few options for where we think it might be easiest to display.
I agree. No matter where they put it, it's better than not putting it at all, and I can't think of a way that it could do any serious damage. Since this is not an extremely controversial or nuanced suggestion, I think we can safely provide several options and leave the specific implementation up to the devs.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
This would be nice to have, I currently append the first letter of the world to my city names.
As for the placement, then I don't think the current suggestions work on mobile? I don't have a strong opinion about the exact position, except that I would really like it both in browser and on mobile. It doesn't necessarily need to be the same position in browser and on mobile, but will probably make it easier to find if it is. Maybe show it in the dialog that opens when I click my profile image?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I agree. No matter where they put it, it's better than not putting it at all, and I can't think of a way that it could do any serious damage. Since this is not an extremely controversial or nuanced suggestion, I think we can safely provide several options and leave the specific implementation up to the devs.

ok then, we need the options.

DeletedUser29768

ok then, we need the options.
Here are the possible locations that have been suggested so far:
1. Chat "i" tooltip
2. World map tooltip
3. On the world map in place of city name
4. Player profile
5. Fellowship overview
I think we can safely rule out #1, which seems very unintuitive, but the rest would all be options for browser. As @The Fairy pointed out, some of these would not work on mobile, so we'd need to have alternative options for those. Again, I think we can leave those details up to the devs; our suggestion is simply that the world name be displayed somewhere accessible.