• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Name of the Current World

Add the name of the world somewhere

• In Favor

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myne

Oh Wise One
Here are the possible locations that have been suggested so far:
1. Chat "i" tooltip
2. World map tooltip
3. On the world map in place of city name
4. Player profile
5. Fellowship overview
I think we can safely rule out #1, which seems very unintuitive, but the rest would all be options for browser. As @The Fairy pointed out, some of these would not work on mobile, so we'd need to have alternative options for those. Again, I think we can leave those details up to the devs; our suggestion is simply that the world name be displayed somewhere accessible.

I think 4 or 5 would be best and the easiest to access. imo

Myne

Oh Wise One
how is this so ??? many tablets have attached keyboards/trackpads
and/or exterior keyboards/mice ..... and what about ppl using a tablet
yet using a browser....

The mobile app is the one that is used/loaded on anything other than a pc or laptop. I do not know if you access it via the browser if you get the browser version or the app version. Perhaps someone can tell us?

Myne

Oh Wise One
Tentative wording for the poll could be....Add world name to fellowship overview or player profile on browser version of game, and app version of game.
input??

DeletedUser29768

I think 4 or 5 would be best and the easiest to access. imo
Agreed, those would probably port the best between mobile and browser. The first three suggestions were made specifically with browser in mind, and would not work for mobile. So, at this point, putting the world name in the player profile or FS overview would probably be the simplest fix, though the devs could of course create a dedicated space for it anywhere they chose.

BrinDarby

@Myne ,
on a tablet or even a phone, you can just use a mobile browser thats HTML compliant
----Or---- you can use the App

My laptop can do apps, and also work in tablet mode

DeletedUser29768

Tentative wording for the poll could be....Add world name to fellowship overview or player profile on browser version of game, and app version of game.
input??
I might change the wording to make the specific implementation less important; for example "Display world name in an accessible place on both browser and app, such as the player profile or fellowship overview."
ok, we can wait a day or so to put the poll up, to allow more input if yall want
Probably wise, since we can't change the suggestion after that. I think it could still use some further development.

DeletedUser29768

@ajqtrz, I think you can go ahead and edit the first post and ask for a vote on this if you want. Right now, our top two suggestions have been putting the name of the world in the player profile or the fellowship overview, so I would recommend including those. You can include others if you like, but the main point should be that the world name should be displayed somewhere, and the devs are free to decide how to do it. Try to make it clear that's what we're voting on. Good luck with it!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Putting the world name on the fellowship overview would be useless to all the active players not in a fellowship, especially all the new players.

I still think it should go in a logical place. Put the world name on the world map screen.

DeletedUser29768

Putting the world name on the fellowship overview would be useless to all the active players not in a fellowship, especially all the new players.

I still think it should go in a logical place. Put the world name on the world map screen.
That was my initial suggestion, but it might be more difficult to implement on mobile (though the devs could do it, of course). However, you're right - the player profile would certainly be better than the fellowship overview, since it would work for everyone. Again, I think we can leave it to the devs to determine how they want to implement this - whether they create a dedicated space for it or put it in an existing space, or something in between. I do agree, though, that it should be accessible for everyone, mobile or browser, FS member or not. Any solutions we suggest should meet that minimum requirement.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I would like it to look something like this at the top of the chat box myself.

Chat world reminder.jpg

Last edited:

BrinDarby

1635734906268.png

Just as soon as Elven Stats (dot com) registers you, just load the page
and put your name in ..... it tells you what you need, and for as many
worlds as you play in....

I play with Browser, and ElvenStats is the conduit to architect....
I have never need'd it in the game since Elvenstats pick'd up my acct.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Getting a poll ready. But before I do I'll look at the mobile and see where it could be put there too...hopefully in one of the places that are on both?

Give me a couple days. Should be out on Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks,

AJ

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Just as soon as Elven Stats (dot com) registers you, just load the page
and put your name in ..... it tells you what you need, and for as many
worlds as you play in....

I play with Browser, and ElvenStats is the conduit to architect....
I have never need'd it in the game since Elvenstats pick'd up my acct.

Sorry, but how does this help me when I am playing and want to know which world I am currently playing in? I don't need to go to elvenstats to find out I have cities in all 8 US worlds, I know that already. And some of my cities look quite alike, so it would be tedious to figure out which of my elvenstats cities that match the city I am currently playing (at least more tedious than just logging out and in again - or look in my city name where I have written the world letter). And most of the time I play on mobile, so that doesn't make it less tedious to switch between elvenstats and game.

DeletedUser29768

Did you ask for a vote, @ajqtrz? If not, perhaps a mod thought we were asking for a vote? Doesn't seem very well worded, since it only includes your initial two ideas, neither of which works on mobile (and, imo, neither is the best solution for browser either.) In this discussion, I think we've settled on four potential solutions:

1. Somewhere in the player profile

2. Somewhere in the fellowship overview (however, it would also have to be visible for players not in a fellowship).

3. In the chat box (preferably not behind an "i" icon ;) )

4. On the world map. (For browser, in place of the city name; for mobile, a space would have to be created for it.)

You don't have to include all of these, but I think it would be helpful if you made it clear that it doesn't need to be one of those first two suggestions. Personally, I will support anything that displays the world name, since it's an improvement on the current situation. However, ideally, it should should be conspicuous, intuitive, and available for all players, since that will go the farthest in actually solving the problem.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I asked Heyla how to do it and she went ahead and did it. It's not the vote I would have asked for but it's probably too late to change it.

Here was my plan:

The following places to display the world name have been suggested. Which is your favorite?

1) World map tool tip
2) Player profile in place of "Profile" or added as in "Profile" + [World Name]
3) Fellowship overview in place of "Fellowship” or added as in “Fellowship” + [World Name]
4) Ranking overview in place of “Ranking” or or added as in "Ranking" + [World Name]
5) At the top of Chat where, in place of Fellowship name or added to it on browser version and in replacement of "Fellowship Chat" on mobile -- either with both name of fellowship and world or just the world name.
6) None of the above
7) Somewhere, anywhere rather than nowhere.