• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Name of the Current World

Add the name of the world somewhere

• In Favor

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iyapo1

7 works for me as long as it is somewhere on mobile and browser. It is kinda sad that when new players ask "How can I see what world I am on" most of us default to a third party(elvenstats).

hvariidh gwendrot

sorry late to the conversation here, not anti idea here but doesn't it say on the log in page both app or pc what worlds you have played on and you have to pick which one to log in to, unless on 1 world then you already know ??

Sir Bently

I agree Enevhar put it on that where it displays your ranking
If you make it to complicated it will definitely confuse players or new comers just use the Kiss factor
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
Not calling no one stupid but the simpler you keep it the better and practical it will be for everyone

DeletedUser29768

The following places to display the world name have been suggested. Which is your favorite?
I think I like #1, #4, and #5 best, but again, anything is better than nothing, so really, #7.

Emily198097

The name of the current world you are playing in doesn't seem to be anywhere easily found....or anywhere at all since I haven't found it. It would be nice for those who are playing in multiple worlds, to have a quick way to find out. You can, of course, log out and see, then log back in, but that takes a bit of time. Here's my suggestions.

1) In chat there is an "i" for information in the upper left corner. It offers "here's where you chat with your fellowship" Yeah, a bit silly. Change it to "Here's where you chat with your fellowship on [name of current world]"

2) Hovering over the world gets you "World Map" and the status of scouting and the current tournament (this I didn't know and just discovered!). How about "World Map of [name of current world]

Suggestion 1
Pros: The first suggestion would be very easy to set up as it means adding only the name of the world to the information already there.

Cons:
1) If the devs have programmed the tool tip for the entire game it would have to be reprogrammed to look up the name of the world. That might not be as easy as it seems.
2) The location in the chat window's information icon isn't intuitive. People would need to learn that it was there.

Suggestion 2
Pros:
1) Just adding the name of the world to what is already there has to be about as easy as it gets.
2) It's pretty intuitive since it an icon of the world and just hovering over it would get you the info you want.

Cons:
1) Programming again. But this should be easier since the icon is already programmed to look up the tournament and the status of scouting. Another line with "what world is this anyway?" would be pretty easy.

Overall I think the second suggestion is best.

What do you think?

AJ
Just Click about your KP bar and change it to the world name and then indicate your desires like culture/builders/mh etc It is what I did a year ago when I STARTED playing.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Just Click about your KP bar and change it to the world name and then indicate your desires like culture/builders/mh etc It is what I did a year ago when I STARTED playing.

True. But some people would rather it just be there, and, believe it or not, some people use that room for other information besides their help choice. It just seems like a bit of an oversight on the developers part to have not included it in the display.

AJ

"Just Click about your KP bar and change it to the world name and then indicate your desires like culture/builders/mh etc"
That is for PC only I think. You got me (and probably a bunch more) clicking all over the KP bar on my mobile for nothing. Your "culture/builder/mh" would use up 19 of the 25 character city name limit.

Last edited:
Abbreviate. CBM Elcy Sproutville. In mobile you just click on your avatar and change your city name there.
Yes, I have thanks. More concerned about PC users, like Emily198087, and mobile ap user (MA) being neighbors and trying to exchange NH. When MA visits PC they presumably won't see her fancy KP bar and won't know her NH preference. Also, as a MA I don't always get to pick from all 3 sometimes only 2 or even just 1 button will be offered. Almost a daily occurance that someone wants builder's hut and I have to choose between the main hall and culture. Then PC user might think MA is being unobservant or rude. It's not that hard, why some people can't follow a few simple rules ...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, I have thanks. More concerned about PC users, like Emily198087, and mobile ap user (MA) being neighbors and trying to exchange NH. When MA visits PC they presumably won't see her fancy KP bar and won't know her NH preference. Also, as a MA I don't always get to pick from all 3 sometimes only 2 or even just 1 button will be offered. Almost a daily occurance that someone wants builder's hut and I have to choose between the main hall and culture. Then PC user might think MA is being unobservant or rude. It's not that hard, why some people can't follow a few simple rules ...

I use both browser and app and they show the same info in the city name space.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't always get to pick from all 3 sometimes only 2 or even just 1 button will be offered.
This happens to everyone, browser or app users. Culture bldgs can only be helped one at a time. The help lasts for xx amount of time (can't remember the base right now and I have AW's that increase the duration) on that bldg and it is not available for help again until it expires. Builder Huts can only store as many 'helps' as there are builders. Ex: player has lvl 3 BH with 3 builders. Once the BH has received help 3 times, it won't be available again until the player 'uses' one of the construction boosts. The MH is always available to receive help*. So, if a player is at a point where they're not building/upgrading, the BH stays full until they start doing that again. For 'no culture available', it usually occurs in smaller cities, where there are a limited number of culture bldgs placed. Then, when all the culture bldgs and BH are 'full' and the only thing available is the MH.
*MH help: the visitor can always give the help and receive the rewards. The city receiving MH help has a limit on how many coins from that help can be stored (I *think* it's 20 times of receiving neighborly help). So, a player's MH (on vacation without internet access for example) could become 'full' but the player giving help would never see that.

I use both browser and app and they show the same info in the city name space.
Thanks, I'm a chptr4 newbie and still learning the game mechanics.
This happens to everyone, browser or app users. Culture bldgs can only be helped one at a time. The help lasts for xx amount of time (can't remember the base right now and I have AW's that increase the duration) on that bldg and it is not available for help again until it expires. Builder Huts can only store as many 'helps' as there are builders. Ex: player has lvl 3 BH with 3 builders. Once the BH has received help 3 times, it won't be available again until the player 'uses' one of the construction boosts. The MH is always available to receive help*. So, if a player is at a point where they're not building/upgrading, the BH stays full until they start doing that again. For 'no culture available', it usually occurs in smaller cities, where there are a limited number of culture bldgs placed. Then, when all the culture bldgs and BH are 'full' and the only thing available is the MH.
*MH help: the visitor can always give the help and receive the rewards. The city receiving MH help has a limit on how many coins from that help can be stored (I *think* it's 20 times of receiving neighborly help). So, a player's MH (on vacation without internet access for example) could become 'full' but the player giving help would never see that.
Thanks, I'm a chptr4 newbie and still learning the game mechanics.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The MH is always available to receive help.

That is only 100% true in the mobile app. Remember that if someone starts the Main Hall upgrading, browser players cannot help the Main Hall until the player comes back to the game after the upgrade finishes. And if they never come back, the Main Hall is frozen forever in upgrade mode and a browser player will never be able to help it.

I know voting on this thread is closed. Has any every proposed/campaigned for longer city names (> current 25 character limit) because city names are used in game to post NH preferences and away status? Ppl like to customize things. Just drive down the road and count vanity plates on cars.

Last edited: