• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need help with fighting...

DeletedUser

Hi, I started playing this game yesterday, and can't figure out how to fight! By shear dumb luck, I've won a few battles, but can't figure out how to attack. I click on the hexagon to move my fighters, but only periodically do I get a knife or arrow which will then enable me to attack. But for the most part I end up just clicking like mad on the enemy and watch troops die. It's very annoying...:confused:

I did a search, but could only find battle tactics...which will be great once I know how to fight!

Thanks in advance!

DeletedUser

Thanks Bobbykitty!...though I have read through that about 3 times now, I still can't figure out how to attack, shoot, or stab. What am I missing?

DeletedUser43

You can only shoot or stab when you are within range. If you aren't close enough, all you can do is move closer, or run and hide of course. ;) The good news is the bad guys can only shoot you when they are within range too. So, sometimes you can shoot from farther away than they can hit you.

When you go to set your troops, mouseover each of them and it will tell you how far they can move each turn and how close they have to be to hit someone. I don't know if you are human or elf, but I can tell you about elves. The sword dancers it will show you can move 3 spaces, but they can only hit one space (so they need to be right next to someone to hit them). The archers can move 3 spaces and hit from 4 spaces away.

If you move and you are within range, then the arrow or sword will light up showing that you can use it. Move and then mouseover your enemies. It will show you what you can hit.

Try that and see if that makes any sense. And welcome to the game!!!

DeletedUser43

When you mouseover your troops, there is a little icon that looks like a person, that tells you how far you can move. The icon with the bullseye shows you how close you have to be to shoot.

DeletedUser43

So glad I could be of help! Love the name! You are a welcome addition to us elves! :)