• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need help with this spire encounter pls

• Thread starter DeletedUser27062
  • Start date

DeletedUser27062

There's this one spot on the spire that I usually end up catering because it's such a tough fight. I typically autofight on mobile but decided to check out the terrain. I don't know if the terrain for this spot on the spire is always the same but the 3 times I've sent in a scout over the past months it has been. I'd really like to fight this spot so any advice would really help.

Squad size: Me 2875, Enemy 3122
W1: HR Mucky Orc Deserter, M Withered Thornrose, LM Brutal Ancient Orc, M Dark Abbot, LM Furious Hellhound
W2: M Devilish Enchantress, LM Nasty Thief, HR Mucky O.D., M Devilish Enchantress, M Dark Abbot
Battle boosters & AW: L10 fed fire chook, L22 Martial Monastery, L15 Needles, L5 HF, Dwarven Armorer, 2 ELR, 2 MMM, 2 UU
spire spot.jpg

terrain spire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can't remember the troop types for all of those. Which orc is ranged and which is melee and is the thief ranged or melee? But regardless, with all those boosts, light ranged is probably the best. If that were my game, and I had all those boosters out, I would probably just auto-fight it with the Merc Camp light ranged and see what happens.

DeletedUser27062

I can't remember the troop types for all of those. Which orc is ranged and which is melee and is the thief ranged or melee? But regardless, with all those boosts, light ranged is probably the best. If that were my game, and I had all those boosters out, I would probably just auto-fight it with the Merc Camp light ranged and see what happens.

Wave1: HR, 2 M, 2 LM
Wave 2: 3 M, LM, HR

I wouldn't have thought to put up my 1 star Ranger against that lineup but the terrain seems to have offered an advantage for LR maybe? I lost 3 out of 5 units but still won the encounter! Thank you very much!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Wave1: HR, 2 M, 2 LM
Wave 2: 3 M, LM, HR

I wouldn't have thought to put up my 1 star Ranger against that lineup but the terrain seems to have offered an advantage for LR maybe? I lost 3 out of 5 units but still won the encounter! Thank you very much!
I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that 5 light range could win against heavy range and light melee. That's nuts. Looks like I'm going to have to start experimenting more with what goes best against what. Clearly, the stats given in game are wrong. Thanks for opening my eyes.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't know if the terrain for this spot on the spire is always the same but the 3 times I've sent in a scout over the past months it has been.
This is mind blowing if it's true that the terrain never changes at the same point in the Spire. Any data points on the other encounters?

I wouldn't have thought to put up my 1 star Ranger against that lineup but the terrain seems to have offered an advantage for LR maybe?
ABSOLUTELY an advantage! Fed Lvl 10 Fire + 2 ELRs + Lvl 15 Needles = enough buffs that your light range can one-shot kill ALL mages in the Spire! And light range go first whereas cerebus would go after the enemy mages. Therefore (bearing no terrain obstruction), you'd kill the mages before the mages get a shot off. The light range will take damage since they'll be in range of everyone who's left after they fire off usually, but if you select them properly into the correct slots to line them up with the enemy mages, they would already have done their jobs. If you are able to kill 2 mages out of the gate, that's only 3 shots from the enemy you have to take instead of 5! You're fighting 5-3 for the rest of the encounter and that's a significant advantage!

DeletedUser27062

This is mind blowing if it's true that the terrain never changes at the same point in the Spire. Any data points on the other encounters?

ABSOLUTELY an advantage! Fed Lvl 10 Fire + 2 ELRs + Lvl 15 Needles = enough buffs that your light range can one-shot kill ALL mages in the Spire! And light range go first whereas cerebus would go after the enemy mages. Therefore (bearing no terrain obstruction), you'd kill the mages before the mages get a shot off. The light range will take damage since they'll be in range of everyone who's left after they fire off usually, but if you select them properly into the correct slots to line them up with the enemy mages, they would already have done their jobs. If you are able to kill 2 mages out of the gate, that's only 3 shots from the enemy you have to take instead of 5! You're fighting 5-3 for the rest of the encounter and that's a significant advantage!
So I check that same point in different cities as I did the Spire. I had different terrain but the same enemy lineup in one city and the same terrain & lineup in another. I think the reason I've seen that terrain in that spot 3 times is because the only reason I've gone to look is when I've fought and lost a few times. I figure that terrain catches me out a lot.

DeletedUser27062

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that 5 light range could win against heavy range and light melee. That's nuts. Looks like I'm going to have to start experimenting more with what goes best against what. Clearly, the stats given in game are wrong. Thanks for opening my eyes.
Thank you for the comment, I was beginning to think I made a super noob mistake lol.
FYI - I tried putting up 5 rangers against a similar enemy lineup and they got smooshed. I think the terrain was the key factor here.

Grid Gypsy

While I only fight the first level of the spire and save my troops for tourney, I've given up completely on mixing troops since the change. I choose five of the group that shows as even against a minimum of four enemy slots. If there's more than one group with four I choose the ranged option if available, and if all groups are only even with three or under I cater. I lose a lot less troops that way.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Look at the initial description. There is a level 15 Needles, a level 22 MM, a fed stage 10 Fire Phoenix, 2 ELR buildings, a Dwarven Armorer, and 2 UUU buildings. So those light range troops had a **LOT** of help winning. I am fairly sure that without the 2 ELR buildings it would not have worked. I don't think 1 ELR would have been enough. Personally I would have probably gone with 5 squads of Cerberus against that enemy line-up. They would have had huge advantages against all the enemy mage units and would have been even against the enemy LM units. It is true they would be at a disadvantage against the HR units. But there is only 1 of them per wave. With Fire Phoenix and health boosters, I think the dogs could overcome that.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Look at the initial description. There is a level 15 Needles, a level 22 MM, a fed stage 10 Fire Phoenix, 2 ELR buildings, a Dwarven Armorer, and 2 UUU buildings. So those light range troops had a **LOT** of help winning. I am fairly sure that without the 2 ELR buildings it would not have worked. I don't think 1 ELR would have been enough. Personally I would have probably gone with 5 squads of Cerberus against that enemy line-up. They would have had huge advantages against all the enemy mage units and would have been even against the enemy LR units. It is true they would be at a disadvantage against the HR units. But there is only 1 of them per wave. With Fire Phoenix and health boosters, I think the dogs could overcome that.
Good point.