• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need help

DeletedUser5997

I am new to this game and I really enjoy playing it. I have payed here and there for diamonds and other features but I still cant figure out how to increase my squad size or how to recover their strength. Just this morning I purchased more diamonds and spent it all trying to recover my squads strength but it did nothing. I have googled info about it and I am unsuccessful. I have even youtubed the info and nothing. My squad size is so small that I cant even fight anyone because I will lose, and with this I cant even accomplish my next goal of fighting 5 squads and winning in order to collect the prize. I am stuck and running out of hope. I have been stuck this way for one week already. I have upgraded my barracks, sent my soldiers through training for over a week nonstop and have done everything that I can possibly think of and still nothing. Is this it? Starting to lose interest in the game. Hopefully I can get some help, because I have enjoyed playing it so far, to the point that I dont mind spending money on it.

DeletedUser5251

Increasing your squad size is achieved by unlocking technologies in the research tree. There are usually several opportunities to increase squad size per chapter.
Upgrading your armories increases the number of troops you can train at once.
Upgrading your barracks decreases the amount of time it takes to train per unit.

It can be frustrating in the beginning when your troops are so small and ineffective against the enemy. At that point I focused on increasing my goods and supplies production so I could negotiate encounters until my squad size and effectiveness improved enough to be competitive.

You may find some helpful information in the FAQ section of the forums.

You can also ask questions in the Questions and Help section to reach all players v.s. just those from Winyandor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2191

There is only 1 one way to increase squad size, through technology in the research tree. To increase how many units you can train at once, upgrading your armories will help with this. To make more units quick, upgrading the barracks will do this. To increase the stats of each unit type, technology in the research tree must be completed.

When you are fighting in a province on the world map, at the end of each fight, you have an opportunity to replace units lost in the battle. Where your squads are that were used for the fight, it will show how many of each squad is remaining. For any partial or completely lost squads, it will show a diamond amount to recover the lost units. If you click the button that has the diamond amount, it will recover those units.

Re: Winning fights

- a lot of this comes down to learning experience, which types of units to use based on enemy faced, terrain, enemy levels and enemy squad sizes.

- at the end of each chapter is a chest (aka chest gate), this chest indicates amount of provinces to be cleared to open the chest gate. Generally, this is seen a rate of progression tool. If the number of provinces you have cleared is equal to or less than the required amount, fights should be winnable. Once you start going over and above this required number, the fights become harder and less winnable for you.

However there has been lots of discussion regarding fighting as a new player, this arose due to a massive battle system change they made 2 to 3 months ago. For the most part, new players will have a more difficult time with fighting since they will need to reach chapter 3 military technology to compete more easily.

Go to the questions and help section of this forums, look for all the guides by Mykan and others to help you out and understand the game better.

Thistleknot

For the most part, new players will have a more difficult time with fighting since they will need to reach chapter 3 military technology to compete more easily.

Based on what I have read, Ludwig has the right about combat in the early stages. During Chapters 2 and 3, battles seem to be the toughest to win. A couple of things that will help you are reading the guides by Mykan (like Ludwig suggested) and reading the Battle forum for information. Also only scout the number of provinces that you need to open the chest at the beginning of the next chapter. When you scout, scout in a circle around your city. Do not go in a straight line as you will quickly find the battle not only impossible to fight, but extremely expensive to negotiate.

DeletedUser5997

There is only 1 one way to increase squad size, through technology in the research tree. To increase how many units you can train at once, upgrading your armories will help with this. To make more units quick, upgrading the barracks will do this. To increase the stats of each unit type, technology in the research tree must be completed.

When you are fighting in a province on the world map, at the end of each fight, you have an opportunity to replace units lost in the battle. Where your squads are that were used for the fight, it will show how many of each squad is remaining. For any partial or completely lost squads, it will show a diamond amount to recover the lost units. If you click the button that has the diamond amount, it will recover those units.

Re: Winning fights

- a lot of this comes down to learning experience, which types of units to use based on enemy faced, terrain, enemy levels and enemy squad sizes.

- at the end of each chapter is a chest (aka chest gate), this chest indicates amount of provinces to be cleared to open the chest gate. Generally, this is seen a rate of progression tool. If the number of provinces you have cleared is equal to or less than the required amount, fights should be winnable. Once you start going over and above this required number, the fights become harder and less winnable for you.

However there has been lots of discussion regarding fighting as a new player, this arose due to a massive battle system change they made 2 to 3 months ago. For the most part, new players will have a more difficult time with fighting since they will need to reach chapter 3 military technology to compete more easily.

Go to the questions and help section of this forums, look for all the guides by Mykan and others to help you out and understand the game better.
Increasing your squad size is achieved by unlocking technologies in the research tree. There are usually several opportunities to increase squad size per chapter.
Upgrading your armories increases the number of troops you can train at once.
Upgrading your barracks decreases the amount of time it takes to train per unit.

It can be frustrating in the beginning when your troops are so small and ineffective against the enemy. At that point I focused on increasing my goods and supplies production so I could negotiate encounters until my squad size and effectiveness improved enough to be competitive.

You may find some helpful information in the FAQ section of the forums.

You can also ask questions in the Questions and Help section to reach all players v.s. just those from Winyandor.
Where do I find "technologies in the research tree"?

DeletedUser2963

Squad size upgrades grow exponentially, and so do province encounters outside of your next advanced scout. If you stay within the province count for the next chapter, the scout will reduce the squads faced in provinces, making battles winnable. If you continue to scout outside your advanced scout technology, you will only be able to negotiate.

Tip: mouse-over the chest for your next chapter to get an idea of where you should be to make battles winnable.

Here is an example of how squadsize upgrades work:

Your initial squad size is 6 and increases with every new squad size technology. The increase is 3 times the squad size technology. So if you have researched squad size 1 and 2 your squad size would be 6 + (1 x 3) + (2 x 3) = 15

If you are facing larger squads on the battlefield than you have, you will need to unlock squadsize upgrades in your research tree until you are on equal ground.

With that said, if you do not wish to make battles winnable, you should turn your city into a negotiating city. Delete all military buildings except for one or 2 armories so you can still train troops for tournaments ( unless you wish to cater here). Once you get to Orcs, you will need to rebuild at least 3 level 20 or higher armories, but you don't have to worry about that until you reach that chapter.

Deleting your military will free up space for you to increase goods/supplies productions. You will need large amounts of goods/coins/supplies to negotiate provinces. However, in doing this you will hit a wall in ring 11 which you will need Orcs from a level 20 or higher armory to continue to negotiate.

Both ways of playing the game has positives and negatives, but both ways work :)

This is by far the most helpful post for your issue, I just copied her here from another thread. End of chapter two is the worst possible spot for fighting. You dont have the full troop mix, so your armies just get chewed up! It really will smooth out in chapter 3.

As for finding the tech in the research tree, there are several "Squad Size Upgrades" in the research tree, once you invest knowledge points(KP) into them and open them up, your squad size will increase.

DeletedUser5997

This is by far the most helpful post for your issue, I just copied her here from another thread. End of chapter two is the worst possible spot for fighting. You dont have the full troop mix, so your armies just get chewed up! It really will smooth out in chapter 3.

As for finding the tech in the research tree, there are several "Squad Size Upgrades" in the research tree, once you invest knowledge points(KP) into them and open them up, your squad size will increase.
Wow. At this rate it seems like its going to take forever? Seems like this whole level is going to be waiting? I would have thought that a game would have been easier in the beginning then harder as the levels escalate? well.. thank u for u guys input. Hopefully this doesnt take too long?

DeletedUser5251

Where do I find "technologies in the research tree"?
At the bottom of your screen is a little bar with icons on it.
A planet to get to the map
A book to get to research
And some other stuff that eludes me at the moment.

Click on the book to open the research tree. There will be boxes of technologies you can unlock by filling with knowledge points. Each of those things are considered a tech or technology.

Thistleknot

I would have thought that a game would have been easier in the beginning then harder as the levels escalate

Typically this is true. This is true for this game as well, with the exception of combat. When the combat system was reworked about two months ago, an anomaly was created where for a while the combat is harder than was expected. The developers know about the situation and I believe are trying to figure out how to correct it. Keep with the game. It will get better.