• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need more ways to make Vision Vapor

Rocce Sqirl

There needs to be more than one way to make Vision Vapor.
Right now it is made only in the Magic Academy, of which there is only one. And then to do that, first one must make spell fragments and Combining Catalyst, sometimes other things like blueprints. And then it takes 3-4 hours to make, in most cases, 2 to 8 VV. So when you get a quest to “gain 40 VV” it can take days.
If I get a quest for coins, tools or goods I can make them in as many residences, workshops and factories as I can build, plus the Main Hall, some AWs, Wishing Wells or Instants. Goods from the Trader.
I can get Mana and Seeds from any number of culture items.
I can get most spells from not only the Magic Academy, but from tournaments or Neighborly Help.
I can get KP from the top bar, tournaments, encounters or just buying it.
But VV only comes from one source. The quest asks for 30 or 40 VV, always as an alternative to scout a province (which can take a couple of days) or research a technology (sometimes there are several options, but sometimes there are no options waiting to gather the means to activate one). Total of 210 VV – that’s a lot for something available only in single-digit amounts.
We need alternative ways to make VV. Perhaps an AW (available in an early chapter) that produces 1 VV every 12 hours. Perhaps a culture item where we could choose (using a toggle) whether to make Mana, Seeds or VV. Perhaps the occasional Wishing Well reward or rewards from evolving buildings. Or Tournament rewards. Options!

DeletedUser2768

There are these great things called time instants that will help your situation tremendously.

satchmo33

I could not agree with you more, Rocce! For this event I've been stuck on that particular quest for 7 (count 'em, seven) days. This is exacerbated by being in the Constructs mire of quicksand from which no one emerges sane. I highly recommend never, ever going there. End your game with the Amuni and skip the next two settlements!

Chriger

Well, you can use time instants to finish crafting something to get VVs. Also you can use time instants to scout, which is an alternative to some of the VV quests.

michmarc

I actually think the point of the quests is backwards. The main goal of those quests is "research a tech" or "scout a province" but for those that have reached the end of their tech tree or maxed out their scouting, the VV option is the backup alternative. So it's is supposed to be hard and expensive and less attractive than the other option.

That being said, I don't like the VV quests because of the randomness. Sometimes you'll have lucrative, exciting recipes like Festival Merchants that are both useful and award tons of VV. Other times, all of the recipes only award 3 VV or less and you can't make much progress. But since they've always given an alternative to VV, it's not so bad.

Rocce Sqirl

Time instants are precious so I save them for when really needed. Like when there's three hours left in an Advenure and we really need Blacksmiths. I seldom use them just for the convenience of getting something quicker that will happen anyway. I'm not asking for VV to happen faster, just that we have only a single way to get it when most other things needed have several options.
I can make 30 residences, a couple dozen workshops, a slew of level-1 factories, multiples of culture items, but there's only one Magic Academy.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
There is not a plan in place to make Vision Vapor available through alternative resources. They are specific to crafting, and every now and then if you are lucky, in a quest reward.

Xelenia