• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Needle of Tempest or Bell Spire

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I’m almost through Dwarves, chapter VI. I have room to place either the Needle of Tempest or the Bell Spire. I was wondering if the bell spire was worth selling low level manufacturies of boosted goods so I have room for both of these wonders.
Also, I have some culture buildings that produce small amounts of non boosted goods (monopteros, black lotus, spring flower cage). Culture of about 850 combined. Would it be better to sell those instead? It would drop me to 150%. Or should I be patient a little longer and choose one AW?
Thank you in advance.

NightshadeCS

Oh, so many choices!

Here are some of my opinions, but so much of this depends on your particular play style, that it can be tricky.

I like both AWs. If you fight a lot, the Needles is really useful, so you might go with that one first. The Bell Spire can help offset some lost culture, since it will increase how long your neighborly help culture bonus will last.

Some very wise players on here advised me a long time ago to not worry too much about having a high culture bonus. It really only helps coins and supplies, and those are generally not the things a person is running out of all the time.

Since many of your manufactories can be upgraded quite a lot, I think you could probably do fine with 4 of each rather than 5. It is common to pare those down a bit as you upgrade them, since they get more efficient as they grow, generally. I have a large stockpile of goods and never had more than 4 other than the very first few chapters. I also do multiple collections a day, though, so if you are collecting only once a day, you may need all 5.

It looks like you have a lot of space, though it also looks like you can upgrade a lot of buildings. Those culture buildings that produce coins and supplies are rarely very useful, and definitely not useful for multiple chapters beyond when you get them, so feel free to sell them without regret.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
One thing I will add about fighting in general. When I was at your point in the game, I found fighting to be a major pain from chapter 6 to 8 or 9. So if you are not a fan of fighting on the world map or in the tournaments or Spire, and normally cater/negotiate, you want to wait on those AWs til later in the game when you have more types of troops unlocked and upgraded.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Oh, so many choices!

Here are some of my opinions, but so much of this depends on your particular play style, that it can be tricky.

I like both AWs. If you fight a lot, the Needles is really useful, so you might go with that one first. The Bell Spire can help offset some lost culture, since it will increase how long your neighborly help culture bonus will last.

Some very wise players on here advised me a long time ago to not worry too much about having a high culture bonus. It really only helps coins and supplies, and those are generally not the things a person is running out of all the time.

Since many of your manufactories can be upgraded quite a lot, I think you could probably do fine with 4 of each rather than 5. It is common to pare those down a bit as you upgrade them, since they get more efficient as they grow, generally. I have a large stockpile of goods and never had more than 4 other than the very first few chapters. I also do multiple collections a day, though, so if you are collecting only once a day, you may need all 5.

It looks like you have a lot of space, though it also looks like you can upgrade a lot of buildings. Those culture buildings that produce coins and supplies are rarely very useful, and definitely not useful for multiple chapters beyond when you get them, so feel free to sell them without regret.
My problem with upgrading is that I keep running out of people! Therefore most of the buildings I keep are for the population they include. Perhaps I should lose those and build more residentials in their place. I’ve been setting the 3 hour productions during the day and 9 at night. I’ve been having enough goods to do the tournaments and provinces with no problems. I’ve just discovered I like the spire, lol. I focused on upgrading the armories and barracks because it seems easier to fight there than negotiate. You’ve given some excellent things to consider and I thank you very much!

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
One thing I will add about fighting in general. When I was at your point in the game, I found fighting to be a major pain from chapter 6 to 8 or 9. So if you are not a fan of fighting on the world map or in the tournaments or Spire, and normally cater/negotiate, you want to wait on those AWs til later in the game when you have more types of troops unlocked and upgraded.
I don’t fight very often in the provinces or tournaments, but I prefer it in the spire. I am looking forward to the different types of troops I’ve read about here and on the Elvengems page. Thank you very much for your response.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I had a Crystal Lighthouse, which my understanding is that it's very much like the Bell Spire for humans. I sold it. I didn't think it gave me enough bang for the buck. Yes, it gives extra (boosted) goods with every bonus neighborly help chest (total of 3 per day), and it did increase the time the culture lasted ... meh. If you fight at all, I would definitely choose needles.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I had a Crystal Lighthouse, which my understanding is that it's very much like the Bell Spire for humans. I sold it. I didn't think it gave me enough bang for the buck. Yes, it gives extra (boosted) goods with every bonus neighborly help chest (total of 3 per day), and it did increase the time the culture lasted ... meh. If you fight at all, I would definitely choose needles.
Thank you. I cleared some buildings and was able to place both AWs. Now I’ll be building residences, lol.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Definitely work on upgrading the residences you have, if you can. Upgrading is generally more efficient than adding more of a building.
Yes, the ones I have are upgraded as far as possible atm. Sold some older buildings that had small populations and now building more residential buildings to increase the population. Plan is to build 2 and upgrade them fully, then 2 more.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I saw your post that you eventually ended up building both. Congrats on building 2 AWs. But going back to the original theme of the thread, I would prioritize Needles over Bell Spire. Then again: I fight a lot, so the barracks speed increase from Needles is very valuable to me.