• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Negative Population

MojaveByrd

OK, I sold some residences and it reduced my population. When I click on the population icon at the top, it is in red and it says

population -64
total population 597
working population 661
available population -64

How can this be? How will I ever have enough people to do anything with?

DeletedUser3640

How can this be?

Workshops, manufactories and armories require a lot of population. Cut something.

Btw, it's funny how all these buildings keep working w/o population.

How will I ever have enough people to do anything with?

Build more residences....or get premium culture buildings that give you population. Just balance your needs and expectations with game mechanics.

DeletedUser3942

I looked at your city.
do not buy new houses until you have maxed out the ones you have. once you have upgraded all the houses that are already there and still need people, then buy new ones.
Also: try to restructure your city a little. not all buildings need streets. Builder hut does not, culture buildings do not.
The less streets you use the more space you have to build necessary other buildings.
I try to place my streets so that they are used by buildings on either side.

you may want to look at my city ingame to see what I am talking about, we are about the same stage...

MojaveByrd

I looked at your city.
do not buy new houses until you have maxed out the ones you have. once you have upgraded all the houses that are already there and still need people, then buy new ones.
Also: try to restructure your city a little. not all buildings need streets. Builder hut does not, culture buildings do not.
The less streets you use the more space you have to build necessary other buildings.
I try to place my streets so that they are used by buildings on either side.T

you may want to look at my city ingame to see what I am talking about, we are about the same stage...

Thank you for this helpful info. How do I find your city? Should I sell houses and workshops that are above the minimum number suggested by the "helpers?"