• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighbor Inactivity

SimplyNoble

It's summer. People are busy with vacations and outdoors things. Some slowdown is not that surprising. But then I have only noticed a slight slowdown and for the most part the fellowship and my active neighbors still show up. I think making it easier and faster to do visits would be helpful. There is some movement in this direction for the online players with notifications always available no matter where you are. But I really like the app version as I can return all of the visits much faster on mobile.

DeletedUser20951

I always left joining open when I was seeking to build up a full roster, given how challenging it is to recruit in this game and active players being the premium currency, but I also have no hesitancy towards epitomizing an utilitarian hard-case that tolerates no bull while in leadership roles and never sweated cutting out (with probable cause) those who weren't working out or were instigating trouble. In certain situations, I believe in being more diplomatic, but not when there is so little to actually argue over; it's a simple game, and they either follow simple rules or find a fellowship whose rules (or lack of rules) suit them. Most of the discord I've been told about has often prompted the question of, "Why were you wasting time indulging this nonsense in the first place? Shut it down and move on."

Uh, but it is my understanding that emotions can get in the way of this?

Oh yeah, and it probably helped that I enforced rules ruthlessly. No one was above them, not even myself (especially myself). Rarely have I encountered an environment as inevitable to drum up resentment as when preferential treatment is granted to anybody on what is supposed to be a level playing field for all. Then there's the fact that a great deal of charismatic individuals have either cultivated their charm in order to get away with slacking off, or have become a slacker because their affable nature allows it. I'm hard-lined on that sort of chicanery; I don't care how friendly someone is, or how much I may be inclined to like them, if they don't pull their weight, their behavior is unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crowella

I haven't noticed any particular trend. One of my discovered neighbors that I thought was permanently inactive gave me NH a few days ago. I have 4-5 neighbors out of 30 or so discovered who regularly help me and I them. I give NH every day to anyone I think is active, whether they help me or not. During the FA I've been giving NH to everyone every day in order to collect coins. I've also gotten NH from a couple larger neighbors who have discovered me but not I them. I suspect this is for the same reason -- to collect the coins for the FA.

A couple neighbors who used to sometimes give me NH haven't been seen for a couple weeks. My next door neighbor's builders hut has been available for help again, where it hadn't been for some time, so that must mean he's building something. I've never interacted with him except to give NH.

One thing I have noticed is that some of the inactives in my area have been weeded out and replaced by new players. All of them have immediately gone inactive, either during or right after the tutorial. I would guess this is pretty typical, that most players stop pretty much right away. Annoyingly, one of them started a Main Hall upgrade before signing off probably for ever, which means I will never be able to give him NH.

DeletedUser20951

Annoyingly, one of them started a Main Hall upgrade before signing off probably for ever, which means I will never be able to give him NH.
I hate when they quit during a Hall upgrade! It's even more annoying due to my habit of frequently forgetting that I can do nothing in their city and while I'm being rudely reminded of that, it throws off my aiding flow and I lose a few more steps than merely the clicks. XD

Deleted User - 312108

I hate when they quit during a Hall upgrade! It's even more annoying due to my habit of frequently forgetting that I can do nothing in their city and while I'm being rudely reminded of that, it throws off my aiding flow and I lose a few more steps than merely the clicks. XD
NH is so much easier on mobile.... I wish they would gear up and implement it on browser so you didn't have to leave your city screen.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
it'd be nice if inno would do a script that detected any Main Hall that was in upgrade for over thirty days
and just complete it

What I have seen happen a couple of times is all the inactive players' builders huts get reset, so that they can be helped again. They may do the same with main halls that have been helped 20 times and made full. But unlikely they would autocomplete any construction.

DeletedUser20951

I think this is also a non-issue if you do NH on mobile.
...It took me way too long to realize that players could donate to an under construction Hall. I had neighbors doing this, and I remember going into bot conspiracy theories in the chatbox about it. Not sure I'll ever forgive my Arch at that time for not correcting my idiocy on the matter. Would of taken a mere, "Hey, you can donate to an upgrading Hall on the mobile app.", and I wouldn't have wasted many a musing moment wondering if those neighbors were real people or not. XD

Amanirenas

That is the only way I survive. I was moved to that neighborhood, which might be described as Timbuckfour, because Timbucktwo is too close!:p

If that's the case, I must have been moved to Timbucksixteen. Not an advanced player, but active. I was moved to an "edge". Of 75 available cities, only 35 are occupied now (tomorrow it could change +/- 5 in either direction). Approximately 12 of those trade/give NH regularly. My ability to advance has been seriously deranged. I was fortunate enough to find a large Fellowship to accept me, and now they are pretty much all I have.

Is this a test of character? I was enjoying the game a lot more before I was uprooted... :(

Socrates28

If that's the case, I must have been moved to Timbucksixteen.
No it is Timbuckfour because that is my situation as well, except on a much larger scale. Of the 200+ cities I have doscovered everything to my map south are gold mines and about 20% of the ones to my north are as well. Like you without my FS I would truly be up the creek withou a paddle in a concret canoe which leaks! :confused:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not sure I'll ever forgive my Arch at that time for not correcting my idiocy on the matter. Would of taken a mere, "Hey, you can donate to an upgrading Hall on the mobile app.", and I wouldn't have wasted many a musing moment wondering if those neighbors were real people or not. XD

Paranoia is amusing. Just think that someone's day was brightened by leaving you in the dark.

DeletedUser20951

Paranoia is amusing. Just think that someone's day was brightened by leaving you in the dark.
Oh, I definitely understood why, but that doesn't equate forgiveness. I was amused, to be sure, but my trust (and respect) tanks when someone would rather entertain themselves than alleviate discomfort from another.