• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborhood recycling

DeletedUser

And those are all players who started, got their points and their 50 cents or whatever from whatever GPT site they linked in from, never bought diamonds and never went past a lvl 1 (or frozen-in-time 1>2 upgrade) Main Hall, 1 residence, 1 signpost and 1 workshop. And then split. And got purged. Or players who started, decided they did not like their monikers/User Names or race or city at an early stage, who abandoned and started a new account, or 2 or a dozen.
But... since you cannot delete an account, their cities may be gone, but it sure makes the registration numbers for the server look better for Inno to "crow" over the high numbers of registered players they have for the game. Wait for the next 20k+ with score of 15-200 to get purged eventually. There will be an equal amount of new accounts coming in and abandoning after a few days. It's a perfect marketing circle. But a sad sign of the true player retention numbers for the game.
Just my opinion. o_O

DeletedUser

Fill the voids as fast as you can, and with active players.... When there are no neighbors you can't even pick up a neighborly visit bonus, which does add up.

It is a lonely frontier.

DeletedUser1928

I have just recently found that I have new neighbors around me and they allll are at level 1 yet again. All the old players had only Level 1 townships too. I have had to go around again and get neighborly bonus', oh well i have joined a fellowship now and that's cool. I think i have a township in Khelonaar I can't remember. OH my what if I am posting in the wrong one.:eek:

Valtitude

Inactive neighbor purges hurt. I experienced the notorious Arendyll purges last summer, when many players sat for a couple of months before new neighbors began to arrive. <sigh> Last week, many neighbors disappeared from my Aren neighborhood again.

This time, I'm in a strong fellowship, so the impact is lessened, however ... I still have a handful of active neighbors toughing things out on Aren. Our cities are located out on the fringes of the Arendyll server. It makes a big difference where your city is placed on the server for each world. Winyandor and Elcysandir are easier to play and a LOT more fun, I might add - because the first player on both of those servers, is one of my neighbors - meaning I'm close to the center of that server's hexagon spiral. It matters, because a lot of players who tend to be more active, join a server/ world right away when it opens.

There's a fair number of players that have multiple accounts on each server/ world. I won't speculate on all the reasons, but know one is - players don't like the boosted goods they receive when they log onto a server/ world, so they try again. Most players leave the cities they don't want, sitting inactive. Some players are playing those multiple active accounts.

DeletedUser1621

Yes, my luck in Khel also placed me on the edge of the map. Neighbors only to one side, and none active in the trader so far. I haven't developed enough to qualify for a decent FS yet, so I am plodding along at so slow a pace, even the snails are passing by me. Of the three worlds I play in, this is my least enjoyable. It is purely out of stubbornness that I keep it active, but I definitely spend less time than the other 2 worlds.

Purges in Khel will only make matters worse, as subsequent to purges, any new players will be deposited into the emptied spaces rather than on the next map spiral, so basically I don't expect to have decent neighbors anytime soon.

Valtitude

Khel is unbelievably boring. Elcysandir, on the other hand, is a lot more fun. Fel is somewhere in-between. No clue how or why this is. Really odd.

DeletedUser1621

I guess it could depend on a lot of things. Your area of the map, your neighbors. Who is in the FS you join (if you join one).
I think the player to player interaction helps make one world more interesting than the other. Since I have such minimal interaction with anyone in Khel, yes I would agree,
Khel is unbelievably boring.

DeletedUser61

A quick snapshot: 22,822 of the 72,916 listed players have a score of exactly 0.
If you peak under the covers, you'll find that a very small percentage of the 0 score players are even on the wolrd map. A few percent had a residence, and then deleted it for whatever reason, but clicking on the build menu seems to be the trigger for placement on the world map.

In my mind the most interesting metric is the 75th percentile score of the folks who ARE on the map. In all of the worlds only the top 25%, of the players who actually got started, every get above a score of 500. That's still much better than the industry average, which is that only about 5% of the trial accounts are still playing 6 months later.

DeletedUser1094

A quick snapshot: 22,822 of the 72,916 listed players have a score of exactly 0. That's over 30% of all players on Khelonaar.

I hope the recycling crew is getting paid for overtime.

Are Khelonaar and Elcysandir identical as the other 3 worlds ?

DeletedUser61

A quick snapshot: 22,822 of the 72,916 listed players have a score of exactly 0. That's over 30% of all players on Khelonaar.
If you dig one level deeper, you'll find that very few of those zero score players have a city on the World Map. Building your first residence is the apparent trigger for being included on the world map and, shortly thereafter, building a Workshop will raise your score a bit.
Are Khelonaar and Elcysandir identical as the other 3 worlds ?
If you right-click, anywhere in Elvenar, the top menu item indicates the code release level. You'll find that it's identical for all of the production worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OMG! Would the devs, or whom ever is responsible for clearing inactive players, PLEASE start clearing the map for active players??? Now that tournaments are open and I have a few frozen cities near me (since at least Feb), I will never be able to have fun w/this! Really, I am pleading!

DeletedUser2191

I'm with xyleanne69, I have cities around my own that have had no activity for well over a month. I get a somewhat frequent visit from one person and an infrequent visit from another. This staleness certainly does not encourage one to participate in the tournament format. Even if I was in a better position troop strength wise, it is a large deterrent from entering into the tournaments.

PS - I'm from Felyndral world, but my thoughts apply the same

DeletedUser61

PLEASE start clearing the map for active players
LuckyBug.jpg

DeletedUser2736

They need a better system all around for handling those players who just create a city, don't do anything, and leave. It needs to be more comprehensive than just sweeping and re-filling the inactives.

The city I started here on the US server has been placed on the outer edge of the map (not surprising). So all city spots to the NE of my city have never had a player assigned. I'm working on the fourth exploration loop and that leaves me with 13 of 30 neighbors that I could possibly visit / trade with have never had a city. It has been a week and not one of those open spots has received a city. Of the 17 neighbors I do have, only one has actually progressed far enough to have a trader built that could actually trade, and have only had one single neighbor visit one time. They look to have quit as well. Also, I have only seen 2 players post trade offers at the 150% long distance trade rate, so not much activity at that range.

I'm not surprised that everyone around me has quit already. A sweep would basically leave no one out here.

So again, they need a better system of populating / re-populating the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3024

And, in at least one case, the reason a person doesn't come back on is he can't get logged back in. I have a friend who signed up the same day I did, but he hasn't been able to get logged back in. He's reset his password, per the instructions, at least twice. The site says it was reset successfully, but when he tried to log in it states 'incorrect password'.
So, he's given up and won't even try anymore.
So, I have to wonder how often does that happen? And why doesn't the reset password work?

DeletedUser61

And why doesn't the reset password work?
When he clicked on Forgot Password he'll get an email at his registered email account, and a one-time link for resetting the password associated with that particular Username + Email combination.

The password refresh is actually pretty solid SO I suspect that your friend was actually ending up in the Wrong Region. The URL prefix should be us, us0, us1 etc. If it's not, you can select the intended region by using roll bar at the top center of the log in page.

DeletedUser3024

When he clicked on Forgot Password he'll get an email at his registered email account, and a one-time link for resetting the password associated with that particular Username + Email combination.

The password refresh is actually pretty solid SO I suspect that your friend was actually ending up in the Wrong Region. The URL prefix should be us, us0, us1 etc. If it's not, you can select the intended region by using roll bar at the top center of the log in page.
I just talked to him this morning. He did all you mentioned. Went through the email link and everything. Still wouldn't work. He's giving it one more try, if that doesn't work then he said "Screw it!"
Hopefully, we'll see.

DeletedUser

I haven't developed enough to qualify for a decent FS yet, so I am plodding along at so slow a pace, even the snails are passing by me

I am a mage in The Elite Mystics (One of the top 5 Fellowships) if a Fellowship is worth being in, they don't care what your rank is. They care more about your playing style and if you are actually going to stick around after they help you grow quickly. We have opened our doors to everyone big and small.... most come in, take our generosity in unfair stacked trades and our daily visits then up and leave after a few months without word. When we mail them asking what the issue is they claim they are wanting to be solo or not playing as much. Next thing we know within an hour they have joined a different fellowship. This tends to turn Leaders of established fellowships away from smaller/newer players. It has nothing to do with rank.

That being said, if you plan on sticking around and truly wish to play in Khelonaar, I am currently looking to fill a void. Let me know.

DeletedUser2388

I had only a handful of active neighbors for ages but with the new move it's more like SD ComiCon than a ghost town! Yippee!!