• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help - Graphic Effect

Invoker

Hello,

When doing neighborly help there is a quite annoying graphical effect floating in front of the buttons, please see the attached image. The current effect are blocking the view of the buttons and also when trying to read what the players wants help with (city name text). Could this be changed into some other kind of effect or change the location?

elvenar.jpg

defiantoneks

i like it too.
however, i will point out that the floaty things come from where you click, so if you try to make a point of clicking say the upper right corner of the chosen item, it does help.

I would be really happy if the floaties were cumulative and added when you closed the window, like the deductions for spire negotiating do when you return to the main city view.

edit: although the above would likely not be possible because your inventory could become full by the end of visits, and then where would the coins & supplies go. hmm.

Yogi Dave

however, i will point out that the floaty things come from where you click, so if you try to make a point of clicking say the upper right corner of the chosen item, it does help.
This would not be a problem if they didn't float upward.

While I really like this idea, I think the biggest problem getting them to implement it will be that it will act differently than every other place clicking produces something that floats. That is both a philosophical (consistency of interface) and programming question the devs will have to weight. Still, it's a good idea and would be nice to see implemented. Afterall, it won't happen if we don't ask.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
iv thought this for a long time as well. You kinda learn ways to deal with it. But it would be nice if the graphic was an inch to the right.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I mentioned how much I detested this a few months back, and I was offered the suggestion to watch where I click so that I could see the buttons. Still hate it. I'd rather have a real fix, although I grant you the suggestion was very helpful. But yeah, I love this idea.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, the whole floaty thing is a problem in many places. I'm not sure how many people sit there watching to see that they are getting what they just collected/earned, but it can't be many. Personally, I think it would be better to have the floaters go up the far right side rather than in the middle. And just let them float up from the bottom at the far right side somewhere and forget about having them even float up from where every you just clicked. Nobody, or next to nobody is watching anyway.

AJ