• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help guidance and City names

Gustoff

I have noticed when I am doing my daily Neighborly Help of all I have scouted:

1) On Mobile, each owner has designated what other buildings should receive the help besides the Main Hall. Usually it is one for time (Builder Hut) and one for Culture. In the browser I only see little hands over all the possible buildings I could grant help too.

2) Some of the City Names do not match the player name associated with the city. e.g. Instead of 'Fred's City' it might say 'Azaroth Unleashed'

So, for 1) How can I designate which of my buildings should receive Neighborly Help (aside from moving them near the Main Hall so they are noticed)?

2) How or when do I receive the ability to change my city name from 'Gustoff's City' ?

Huor

To change your city name on mobile, click on your portrait in the upper left hand corner of the screen and click on the pencil icon to edit your name.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 4.49.02 PM-1.jpg

Neighbor help (Polishing)

I try to do neighbor help every day (free money and supplies! Who doesn't want that?) and almost everyone leaves it up to me to decide where to best apply the help. In my case I tend to polish culture as that helps with goods and coin production, but that's just my preference. If you put something like (C/MH/BH) in the name of your city, where C is culture (goods and coins), MH main hall (coins) and BH builders' hut (time reductions on buildings), it will tell myself and others what you would like. In this example, when I stop by I will try and polish culture first, then the main hall, then the builders hut. I think that later in the game some Ancient Wonders add items to the polish rewards as well. Something to think about!

Just to give some perspective from a chapter 2 player, the few minutes of daily polish is worth about 100k coins per day which I use for one free item at the wholesaler and around 2,500 in goods that the barracks is really happy with. If everyone I can see returned the polishing, I would have to spend goods at the wholesaler as well. lol.

Sprite1313

I have noticed when I am doing my daily Neighborly Help of all I have scouted:

1) On Mobile, each owner has designated what other buildings should receive the help besides the Main Hall. Usually it is one for time (Builder Hut) and one for Culture. In the browser I only see little hands over all the possible buildings I could grant help too.

2) Some of the City Names do not match the player name associated with the city. e.g. Instead of 'Fred's City' it might say 'Azaroth Unleashed'

So, for 1) How can I designate which of my buildings should receive Neighborly Help (aside from moving them near the Main Hall so they are noticed)?

2) How or when do I receive the ability to change my city name from 'Gustoff's City' ?
It's not that players on mobile designate the buildings they want helped, the mobile platform does that for them. The most they can do is, as @Huor said, add "B, C, MH" indicators into the name of their city. Some also use their city name to designate the AW with which they want help.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The system picks the bldgs that can receive help in the help window (everyone you can help on mobile app; players in your FS member list and on your notifications list in browser). The Main Hall can always be helped in this window (can't be helped on browser when under construction if you open the city from world map). The player receiving MH help can store the coins in the MH up to 20 helps, but the player doing the helping can still help the MH. To get more coins, the player receiving the help has to collect the coins once it reaches 20 helps. Builder Hut can be helped as long as it's not 'full'. Ex: if you have 3 builders, and all 3 have been helped, you have to use one to build/upgrade something before it will become available for help again. The culture bldgs are chosen based on the highest culture bldg that does not have an active help on it already (they can only have one at a time; it'll come up again once the one that's there expires).
There's a pretty good explanation in a chart in the Wiki here. Note: the time for culture help on a bldg can be increased with certain AW's.

Gustoff

Thanks once again. That explains why the bonus from help seems to disappear during the day. 8 hour limit on culture. So now all I need are neighbors on doing their daily help 8 hours apart ... I've seen the MH/C/BH on names, but I didn't know about the portrait name change ability. Thanks!