• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help Improvements

Deleted User - 312108

One of the biggest chores of Elvenar is neighborly visits to neighbors and fellowship members. Even active players do not always want to go to the trouble of visiting. One of the motivating factors is self-interest. I know when I am low on gold I am more prone to visiting anyone and everyone.
To encourage daily visits I would suggest the following:

1) Every day the Player A visits Player B, player A receives increasing rewards.
Such as:
Day 1 = gold
Day 2 = gold & supplies
Day 3 = gold & supplies at 100%+x%
Day 4 = gold & supplies & x non-boosted basic good
day 5 = gold & supplies & both non-boosted basic goods
day 6 = gold & supplies & x non-boosted crafted good
day 7 = gold & supplies & both non-boosted crafted goods
This resets back to day 1 after x many days.
2) Synergistic effect for players regularly visiting one another. So if Player A and Player B visit each other on a daily basis they get a synergistic effect of x% boost to their daily visit awards. (The gold and supplies are boosted by x% that each player receives from the visit.)
3) Reset visits at a specific time of day rather than simply 23 hours after the last visit. Sometimes you skip because you had to be late visiting one day and cannot do them at time when you are playing the next, so this would allow us to be able to visit during any given day.

I think that changing to rewarding a player for visiting regularly places control back into the player's hands as then they can decide how often to visit. Right now, even with an active fellowship, not everyone is inclined to make visits and giving a cumulative synergistic effect between players rather than a standard bonus of supplies would encourage players to more regularly visit one another, especially other players that regularly visit them.

Thanks

DeletedUser

This... is brilliant! And would go a long way to reducing the pain I feel when I carry out neighborly aid every, single, day. It is mind-numbing and barely worth the effort.

Deleted User - 312108

It would be especially effective if it were combined with the suggestion that you could do fellowship visits via the member tab enmasse :)

DeletedUser3008

This would be great, as I have had to skip visits at least 3 times a month because of the reset times continue to add up and next thing I know I have missed the day. a reset time like midnight would be great, or set the reset timer to 20 hours, that would almost be as good.....

WolfSinger

Love this idea - especially the part about having a hard reset time instead of the 23 hour thing which floats and can create issues.

DeletedUser2870

The hard-time reset is ok for me, but not really an issue. I can't make it every day, but I can live with that.

However, the idea of increasing returns would definitely be an incentive for more players to make the visits. For let's face it: if one looks at the map, there often are at best a handful of players actively playing. The rest just are not doing anything or worse yet, will be goldmines.