• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help - what triggers Supply reward?

Gustoff

I have noticed when doing NH in my 4 cities that some neighbors result in both Gold and Supply rewards but most are just gold. What triggers the ability to get supplies as well? IS it related to my Culture numbers or just luck or based on regular interaction with someone's town? I'm at level 3

Zoof

I have noticed when doing NH in my 4 cities that some neighbors result in both Gold and Supply rewards but most are just gold. What triggers the ability to get supplies as well? IS it related to my Culture numbers or just luck or based on regular interaction with someone's town? I'm at level 3
Supplies, in addition to coins, are given when you help that neighbor within 24 hours of them helping you. This is indicated by the neighborly help button in menus being golden-colored instead of green-colored. Check your notifications for an easier time getting to those people.

If you're on mobile, though, you're about out of luck with respect to indicators. The notifications only shows in gold if you're both able to help them and get both coins and supplies. Otherwise you'll just have to trawl through the world map and hope for the best. Fellowship doesn't count; it's always Easy Street there

That 24 hour window extends further for members in your own fellowship by 4 hours for each level in Advanced Help perk. EDIT2: That applies to all people who visit your city. Apologies for the misinformation.

EDIT: So I guess it is in a sense "luck" which can be somewhat helped if you regularly interact with your neighbor. But yeah, the actual trigger is returning the neighborly help in a timely fashion

Last edited:

Zoof

[...]
Actually the 24 hours can be extended in 4 hour increments as a fellowship perk "Advanced Help"
I actually mentioned that.

[...]
That 24 hour window extends further for members in your own fellowship by 4 hours for each level in Advanced Help perk.
[...]
That perk applies only to the help you can give to your fellowship members. This does not extend to your non-fellowship neighborhood buddies.
EDIT: See later post. I was corrected on this topic.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If the helping hands are gold and you are not getting supplies, then your Main Hall is probably full. Same can happen with coins. The browser gives a warning if a help will max you out on coins or supplies, but I don't remember if the app has the warning.

Zoof

If the helping hands are gold and you are not getting supplies, then your Main Hall is probably full. Same can happen with coins. The browser gives a warning if a help will max you out on coins or supplies, but I don't remember if the app has the warning.
You do get that warning in the app. At least, for when I tried it specifically for this use case:
ELVENAR_help_04.jpg

DeletedUser30612

@Zoof what world is your city from your screenshot is in? I wanna go view it. How do you have that high of culture?

Zoof

@Zoof what world is your city from your screenshot is in? I wanna go view it. How do you have that high of culture?
Sinya Arda. That city is still a bit of a mess from the last FA and I've been going full steam ahead with putting orc stuff in. But whatever it is I have, it appears to be working. Looking at my city in ElvenArchitect and viewing the breakdown of what's contributing to my culture has been quite enlightening. To me, that is. Seems like I'm clueless.