• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly help - why can't I leave it?

MagicPagan

Right. Just visited your city - we have no relationship - discovered or fellow. So you haven't passed me over...

Player9999

Right. Just visited your city - we have no relationship - discovered or fellow. So you haven't passed me over...

Lel may have been using a semi-joking "royal we" there. to reinforce the point I'd raised about how it's easier for smaller cities to spot a large neighbor and get noticed (and often polished), than the reverse, given game design. It'd be nice if Inno took speed of city loading more seriously, as making that more tedious when they relocated US servers from Volico CoLo near Miami, to the 2nd Artfiles farm in Hamburg, discouraged what can be some useful aspects of game play.

If you check her presences via Elvenstats, you may notice she's AM to 10-chest FS's on EN1 & EN2, on Beta, Mage to my US2 FS (Druid Junction, led by IRL Druids, not just game fantasies), and has a few smaller cities (some under other names) to help test game strategies or be aware of game changes at different levels, that help as Gems staff and with other private server support resources to which I also contribute, plus is moderator to another public game support presence.

ElfGunn

Lel may have been using a semi-joking "royal we" there. to reinforce the point I'd raised about how it's easier for smaller cities to spot a large neighbor and get noticed (and often polished), than the reverse, given game design. It'd be nice if Inno took speed of city loading more seriously, as making that more tedious when they relocated US servers from Volico CoLo near Miami, to the 2nd Artfiles farm in Hamburg, discouraged what can be some useful aspects of game play.

If you check her presences via Elvenstats, you may notice she's AM to 10-chest FS's on EN1 & EN2, on Beta, Mage to my US2 FS (Druid Junction, led by IRL Druids, not just game fantasies), and has a few smaller cities (some under other names) to help test game strategies or be aware of game changes at different levels, that help as Gems staff and with other private server support resources to which I also contribute, plus is moderator to another public game support presence.

Impressive contributions. Whatever shortcomings this game night have, just imagine how much worse it would be if not for such elders.

Player9999

Impressive contributions. Whatever shortcomings this game night have, just imagine how much worse it would be if not for such elders.

I'd have been far more likely to quit the game, or at least avoid rather than lead a FS in every event, absent some of those resources. Still, they take an insane amount of effort to sustain, and cover some aspects (like tracking systems for FA's) that Inno should have integrated into FS info pages, FS chat, and PM's, years ago, rather than plague the game with pathetic FS communications tools while pushing events requiring them

Inno could have done more to work with Blake when it changed database and API and JSON formats, noting his volunteer time for Elvenstats is limited after having kids. Konnover seems to keep up better on Elven Architect so far, but that's a LOT of detail to get right, and tweak when Inno makes changes their staff techs could notify him about as an important game support person, in many ways moreso than CM's or Asst CM's they pay. Gems is abandoned mostly by its founder now, and floundering under a girl who's a marginal Web coder, and an idiot over more complex relational data systems and dynamic forms, but at least an open public resource Inno doesn't provide, while some FS's and groups thereof try to do private subsets.

Without such volunteer operated resources, I suspect staff could have been far more effective driving away long term players, between event pace overload and burnout with no vacation mode or city operations breaks between events, and lack of resources to do basic city work on complex cities absent those third party tools. Drive away longer term players, and the KPI of new player retention falls, as we have the goods and knowledge resources staff sure can't provide, to support multiple needs of thousands of newbies. Add to that musical chairs among managers and coder/UI/UX staff, and lack of stable vision for game balances, ever since Timon Glatt left (albeit he had a sadistic bent to toy with players like cat toys), and it's amazing more players don't just walk away before we sink so much into city development.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Inno could have done more to work with Blake when it changed database and API and JSON formats, noting his volunteer time for Elvenstats is limited after having kids. Konnover seems to keep up better on Elven Architect so far, but that's a LOT of detail to get right, and tweak when Inno makes changes their staff techs could notify him about as an important game support person, in many ways moreso than CM's or Asst CM's they pay. Gems is abandoned mostly by its founder now, and floundering under a girl who's a marginal Web coder, and an idiot over more complex relational data systems and dynamic forms, but at least an open public resource Inno doesn't provide, while some FS's and groups thereof try to do private subsets.
The HE's have names but Gems is floundering under a [girl who's an idiot]?
I had no idea that "real" druids were so...insert whatever words you find inappropriate here.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The HE's have names but Gems is floundering under a [girl who's an idiot]?
I had no idea that "real" druids were so...insert whatever words you find inappropriate here.
Well that may be out of consideration for me.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Well that may be out of consideration for me.
??? If that poster is referring to you as a [girl who's an idiot] then I completely agree that they are out of consideration for you. If there is actually a child running Gems, please tell us all so we can help support them. :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
When did Timon leave Inno?
Timon released Constructs, had already moved from Elvenar to another project for InnoGames at that point; he returned to do the Q&A at the launch, around February 2019. He stopped playing the game around March of 2019, where he did have a city in Amuni. I know some have said the development team doesn't play; Timon did keep up, or nearly so and of course there was the 5 year Anniversary video where some of the team have said they have late chapter cities, while others are clearly not in the slow zone. I enjoy Rivenor's videos, and hunt for clues as to that city's chapter. There should be a new one out soon.

I have to say that the one city of Timon's that I did see, was not as developed as ours tend to be.
I will EDIT in the date of Constructs release.