• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly help

DeletedUser5728

I have two suggestions for neighborly help. The first is to allow neighborly help for Ancient Wonders - one handshake = 1 kp added to the AW. The other suggestion is to modify the pop-up that appears when you scroll over a cultural item. Instead of "This will increase culture for the next 8 hours," how about "This will increase culture by x amount for 8 hours," indicating how much increase will occur for each item in turn. Many people get frustrated when their holy codex is polished for a whopping extra 110 culture, while their pond of recreation gets passed over. This might make giving neighborly help more effective for those of us who would like to maximize our visits.

CAM

Gath Of Baal

The first is to allow neighborly help for Ancient Wonders - one handshake = 1 kp added to the AW.
I like this idea, but I think people would quickly lose track of which peoples wonders they have donated to, and have to access the wonder anyway to check.. But if you do not really care about keeping track, then yes this is a nice, fast way to dump some knowledge points evenly spread out.

The other suggestion is to modify the pop-up that appears when you scroll over a cultural item. Instead of "This will increase culture for the next 8 hours," how about "This will increase culture by x amount for 8 hours," indicating how much increase will occur for each item in turn

There are a few things asked for over and over again to be added to this game such as a building rotate button, storage and a culture value mouse over for neighborly help..
I agree this needs to be implemented, but its been asked for soooo many times and never acted upon, that its either on the bottom of the developers list of things to do, or not on their list at all. Which is a shame since it would improve upon the neighborly help feature.

Many people get frustrated when their holy codex is polished for a whopping extra 110 culture, while their pond of recreation gets passed over

Yes this is true, but sometimes there is nothing left to help with in someone's city other then that holy codex.. If you have culture set as your preferred help and all available big culture has been polished by someone else then all that is left are the little things to click.

One way to stop this is get rid of all your little culture buildings, If you can make ponds of recreation and you still have the normal holy codex out as a source of culture then you are really hurting for culture.. Now if you have a holy codex out for visual reasons then you can not get angry at someone clicking it. And yes I do understand that you used the holy codex as an example and most likely you are also talking about older event buildings that people just do not want to sell off. But at some point they do become a hindrance

Another way to help yourself is to place all the good culture buildings next to your main hall, to give them the highest visibility and chance to be polished first.

But I do agree and so will most of the people on the forums, that a culture value mouse over is needed to improve upon the neighborly help system in the game

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have two suggestions for neighborly help. The first is to allow neighborly help for Ancient Wonders - one handshake = 1 kp added to the AW.
This seems like a really bad idea. For a full, active, organized, Fellowship of 25, this generates an extra 24x25=600 free KP for the fellowship per day. Or for even two people who help each other every day, up to 365 free KP (each) per year. (In the above fellowship, it could be 8,760 free KP per member per year) That's about as game-unbalancing as any idea I've encountered.

DeletedUser3507

One of the biggest things that has "HURT" NH help was the change in the Trader for me at least. I use to do hundreds of visits, now only those that return the visits get visited...:rolleyes:

Inno shot NH down with it change to the Trader. So blame Inno.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One of the biggest things that has "HURT" NH help was the change in the Trader for me at least. I use to do hundreds of visits, now only those that return the visits get visited...:rolleyes:
Inno shot NH down with it change to the Trader. So blame Inno.

I never spent excess coin at the wholesaler myself, so it didn't change anything for me. I just never needed the goods, but caould always use more KP, so I bought that. Same with supplies, I always figured if I was getting capped on supplies then my city was out of balance. I still run just enough workshops to have a slight increase while running all of my factories, and when I need more for a tech I drop a few spells.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One of the biggest things that has "HURT" NH help was the change in the Trader for me at least. I use to do hundreds of visits, now only those that return the visits get visited
I dumped excess tools not coins Soggy.
Those statements make no sense together...
If you are only doing NH on those that visit you back, you are still getting the same supplies as before, only your coin income has gone down.
If you did not formerly dump coins in the wholesaler, then why would changes to the wholesaler make you stop visiting your deadbeat neighbors?o_O

DeletedUser3507

I use to dump excess coins, but quit doing that when the trader wa SNAFUED