• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello New but loving this game

Streetkid Mercy

Hello all. My name is Mercy, Streetkid Mercy in the game. I’m completely new to this game but so far I’m loving it. I’ve never played a game like this but I like RPGs and I kept seeing ads for it, so I decided to give it a go. Honestly, the gameplay in the ad made me skeptical because it looked really fun but I suspected it was one of those games that plays a really cool ad and then the actual gameplay is another match-3 game. I took a chance and I’m glad I did.

I’m enjoying building up my cities. I have 2, since I was unable to decide between an Elf City and a Human City. I liked the building designs of both when I looked them up on Google. Let me share a bit about my cities so far.

My first city, Enchancia, is my Elf City and is located in the world Sinya Arda. Within are the following:

• 9 Residents (7 Level-3, 2 Level-2)
• 4 Workshops (1 Level-2, 3 Level-1)
• 1 Planks Manufactory (Level-2)
• 1 Marble Manufactory (Level-2)
• 2 Steel Manufactory (2 Level-1)
• 1 Armory (Level-2)
• 1 Barracks (Level-2)
• 1 Trader
• 1 Main Hall (Level-3)

I am currently at the end of Chapter I, working to unlock the Flying Boat, Squad Size Upgrade 3, the Simple Trail and the Magic Academy. I have also unlocked 11 Provinces so far.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Sounds like you are having fun. Great. Welcome to Elvenar!

If you have questions or need advice there are plenty of people here who love to help out and most of them know a lot more than me so you'll probably get the right answer from one of them, even I give you the wrong one!

Keep in touch!

AJ

Streetkid Mercy

My second city, St. Mungos, is my Human City and is located in Winyandor. Within are the following:

• 9 Residents (2 Level-3, 7 Level-2)
• 4 Workshops (2 Level-2, 2 Level-1)
• 1 Steel Manufactory (Level-2)
• 1 Wood Manufactory (Level-2)
• 2 Marble Manufactory (Level 2)
• Armory (Level-2)
• 1 Barracks (Level-2)
• 1 Trader
• Main Hall (Level-2)

For this city, I am also at the end of Chapter I, finishing up researching Advanced Main Hall Before moving on to Holy Codex, Simple Trail, Squad Size Upgrade 3, and Magic Academy. I have also unlocked 12 Provinces so far.

Streetkid Mercy

As much fun as this game is so far, I know there’s still a lot I need to learn. For example, I have been in a Fellowship before but it only had 2 other players in it and none of them knew how to play or what we were supposed to do once we were in a Fellowship. So I still have no idea what they are or what to do in one.

And then there are Tournaments. I am just as confused about them as I am about Fellowships.

EDIT: By the way, I think I should mention that I am playing on my phone. I’m assuming from what I’ve read in other posts throughout the forums that there are multiple platforms for which one can play this game.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep. I play on a PC most of the time. I'm not sure I could see anything on my 2.1" phone screen. And my fingers are too fat for most touch screens anyway.

The best thing you can do to figure out how to play the game is read, ask, experiment. Read the wiki, https://elvengems.com/ (the best site for advice/information), ask other players (here in even your larger neighbors), and try different things.

The tournament is a weekly fellowship focused event in which prizes are given. Resources you will need, especially relics, and other things come out of it and it can be fun. In it, depending on how much territory you have scouted, you are given a series of provinces where you face armies. You can "defeat" the armies in battle or your can "cater" a nice banquet for them and win them over that way. At your level catering is probably easier as your armies won't be strong enough until at least chapter 3 or 4 (though that's not a hard and fast rule). In any case, if yo battle you pick the troops you want to use and they "fight" the troops on that province. In the mobile edition that you use the fighting is automatic. In the PC or browser version you can fight automatically or manually. Manual fighting is usually better for you, but you do have to understand all the troop types, their strengths and weaknesses, how to move them and so on.

In the long run I'd suggest you and your two friends merge your fellowship with one with a few good at least mid level experienced players. Even if you three want your own fellowship, spending six months or a year with experienced players and then going off to reform you fellowship would probably be a lot better.

AJ

Bodicca

That is great advice! My fellowship in Sinya is still pretty new and small but we all work together and use the wiki as much as possible. We usually get at least 5 chests with only 10 of us so even a small fellowship can do a lot with active players! Good luck to you and welcome to the game!

Streetkid Mercy

Thank you for the advice. I’m actually not in a Fellowship anymore. I had to stop playing for a while the first time I played this game. I hadn’t gotten far, just barely unlocked the Trader. But due to inactivity, I lost my saved game. I started over about a week ago and now I play this game every day, both cities equally. But I’m not in a Fellowship and since the last time I was in one, I had no idea what to do in it and I haven’t really been in a hurry to join another. At least not until I learn more about them first. If it’s like a club where every member contributes to the combined points or score or whatever of the club, I want to make sure I can contribute and pull my own weight.

Last edited:

AtaguS

I haven’t really been in a hurry to join another. At least not until I learn more about them first. If it’s like a club where every member contributes to the combined points or score or whatever of the club, I want to make sure I can contribute and pull my own weight.
One of the best things about this game, in my opinion, is that there is a fellowship to suit every type of player out there. You just have to look hard enough, and know what you are looking for. Fellowships are generally just a group of players (2 - 25) who become fee-free trading partners from anywhere on the world map. Being in a fellowship gives you a greater opportunity to trade your boosted goods for non-boosted. But it's also a great way to open up the social aspect of the game. Fellowships are good for conversation to pass the time, resources for tips and advice, etc. It all depends on what kind of environment you want to hang out in when you're logged on.

There there are a couple way they behave like a club, pooling their points. The first is in the tournaments....The second is the Fellowship Adventure, where the fellowship works together to achieve goals and move through a map. Each fellowship takes on those challenges according to their group goals so again, no two fellowships are alike.

When you're ready, or if you are ever ready, my only advice is take the time to find the fellowship that suits your style best. In the meantime, there are lots of players who go solo and do just fine :)

Bodicca

Don't worry! This game is all about having fun and relaxing! If you are new maybe look for a fellowship with really experienced players who can give you lots of advice and help as you build your city, there are a lot of great ones out there who love to help out new cities.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Welcome to the forum and to the game, Mercy. You sound like you are off to a great start. You were wise to come to the forum so quickly. This place can help you avoid mistakes and enjoy the game even more. (But don't worry; no mistake is game killing; it's just more fun if you learn the ropes!) Anyway, I hope you stay and join our little band of posters in here. I've learned so much in the past year here. :)

Deleted User - 4684565

Yes welcome to the forum and Elvenar and yes there is a wealth of knowledge here, so don't be afraid to ask questions and advice
Happy Gaming !