• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

new chapter during FA...are you kidding?

DeletedUser2870

Sure, I like having a new chapter introduced, since I was at the end of the tech tree so it will no doubt prove interesting, though I'm sad to see there is AGAIN only one expansion in the research tree, but as usual buildings get larger again and one gets -what a surprise- another sentient good which means one has to build yet more factories.
That lack of space will mean cities get to be more and more alike since the options to vary get fewer and fewer due to more required buildings to be placed in order to be able to advance.

But seriously, adding that while running and FA and a Tourney? It couldn't have waited a few more days until the end of the FA? I just keep wondering what the dev-team is thinking and how incredibly far removed they seem to be time and time again from the regular players

@Dev-team: you really ought to consider looking back to the dwarven chapter residences and have some buildings get upgraded by making them smaller while keeping the same output, or only a slight increase in output. There really is a limit in real play on how large you can make the buildings, contrary to small tests in a test-environment where you guys just dump a handful of buildings on a maxed grid.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I must admit I was delighted to get chapter 13 FA rewards instead of chapter 12 ones:oops::D

Also the first week of the new guest race doesn't require you to do anything other than earn KP.
There is zero space required until you unlock at least 7 techs, so the FA should be over by then.

Goldsmiths and trap makers need T5 to be built, for which you need to upgrade your trader, for which you need to research all 3 T5 techs for which you need to research WS&SS

DeletedUser12171

Now now, while I agree that too many events at the same time is not enjoyable, the new chapter is not time-sensitive content. What's stopping you from waiting till after the FA before checking it out? On the other hand, there are those who are not participating in the FA and introduction of new content is something they can jump right into.

Molehill, mountain, sometimes they look the same, especially at certain angles. But it's good to zoom out to discern what are the real issues and relax about the non-issues

SoggyShorts

Yup, the more I look at it, the more I'm happy with INNO for launching now. The first chunk of the chapter is pretty much nothing for those who have been waiting.
I actually have all the resources I need to complete the first 11 techs right now... but 727 KP is a lot to buy with coins/goods, so having the FA for something to do while waiting on KP is pretty perfect timing. Well done devs!

DeletedUser2870

Hmmmmm...I'm not. As @SoggyShorts states, the first week one needs to invest KP's before anything can get done. However, those KPs are also sorely needed for the Wonder Society Badges and the number of those needed is pretty steep.
I for one can still use KP's only 1 time, so for now it will be the FA.
(And yes, I looked through the tree, the special stuff comes pretty late)

@RandomNo. EXACTLY my point: the new chapter isn't a time-sensitive thing, so why launch it while the event runs? After waiting for several months those few days wouldn't have made a difference in the launching time. As for those not intensively participiating in the FA, that tends to be lower-lvl players since they lack the space and the resources to fully do so. Which makes no sense for higher lvl players. the only sense it makes is Soggy's statement that its nice to see a higher-chapter reward, but personally, I don't care too much about that, nor do I care overmuch for the sheer number of eventbuildings I have in my inventory that I don't have any use for.

As for 'real issues' as you call them, don't get me started. A game that has serious issues for over a year with the chatfunction? No messaging in the vaunted app?...and I have a list of others, so yes, why not spend more time fixing that before introducing more other stuff.

Besides, my main problem is that the game is getting less and less variety since space is limited, there are more and more required buildings and all buildings get larger every chapter, so actually the real basic idea of 'citybuilding' and seeing a lot of variety is pretty much done for. As I stated in my OP, there is the precedent of the dwarven chapter to see only a slight increase in effectivity but have upgraded buildings get smaller for a change. That certainly would make up for the endlessly growing demands for space from everything else, including the guestraces.
The game now seems to move from event to event to event which can be seen as fun, but is actually getting boring pretty soon. Not to mention that the amount of clicking needed to cycle though the eventquests is becoming a major issue for several people since it can become a strain. Not a good thing to have to say. And before you go off about the app: not everybody uses it or even wants to.

SoggyShorts

However, those KPs are also sorely needed for the Wonder Society Badges and the number of those needed is pretty steep.
KP instants FTW!
Being in a fairly high tournament achieving FS, we have quite a few players with some banked KP, and only a couple who have finished chapter 12, so there are still a few techlocked players who need to dump all the individual and FS rewards into wonders.
We even chose the 152 Wonder badge route (OOB) because we find it to be an easier choice.

Even after clearing 30 map provinces, and doing my round 2 tournament clearing, and buying some for coins, I only managed 284 of the 700+ KP you have to spend before the guest race actually starts.
New chapter= boring start, FA distraction is not soo bad.
In fact I hope the event that just started on Beta goes live ASAP. Even at 40 KP per day I need 10 more days before I can produce my first guest race good.
Gimme all the events you can please:D

I do get your point about lack of variety in city design choices though, especially with this chapter having a quest that can only be completed one way(or by doing a wasteful build up tear down repeat)

Last edited: