• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New, choosing world to build in

DeletedUser28963

I started a human city in Khelonaar yesterday then today rearranged for a spiral layout for my city and it didn’t work out spread to much in the direction and from what I read if I don’t touch for 30 days it should disappear. I’ll like to try an elvish city and don’t know which world to choose. Which one do you think is the best world to build in? Mainly, which world is the most active? I’ll like to only do my boosted goods.

thanks so much

Gladiola

I am pretty new to the game too. In my experience, it is your fellowship that will make the most difference in your gameplay. There are great fellowships in all of the worlds, so I would not worrry too much about which world you choose.

To directly answer your question, Arendyll is the first world and probably the one with the largest number of active players. There are large swaths of dead space in most worlds, but you have a good chance of being moved somewhere more active within the first four weeks. I have not played on Harandar, but I have heard that it has fewer players. That could be a good thing!

Revo1

Chef
Hello, welcome to the game. I have played in many accounts, and in all my accounts Elfs in Fely or Winyandor is the best. FYI if you play as elf expand to the side<-> and if in humans expand ⇅

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When you go to log into the game, there is the list of 8 US servers. They are not alphabetical because they are in the order they were added to the game. So Arendyll is the oldest, and most populated, and Harandar is the newest, and probably the least populated. The game did not even need Harandar when it was added, rather Inno added it to give players a fresh start and be more equal to all the other players on the server.

Dew Spinner

I am pretty new to the game too. In my experience, it is your fellowship that will make the most difference in your gameplay. There are great fellowships in all of the worlds, so I would not worrry too much about which world you choose.

To directly answer your question, Arendyll is the first world and probably the one with the largest number of active players. There are large swaths of dead space in most worlds, but you have a good chance of being moved somewhere more active within the first four weeks. I have not played on Harandar, but I have heard that it has fewer players. That could be a good thing!
Older worlds have massive Scrolls overload, if this new player ends up being Scrolls boosted...they will be in Hell, better to build in an younger world. I have been playing since 08/27/2020 and have not been moved yet and yes I have had the "move button" checked since day one. I would be careful about giving out info, because you are new.. I am not trying to be rude to you but many things you have posted are inaccurate. And that inaccurate info hurts new players.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

None of them are super new any more. Harandar was added to the game in Sept 2019 and I think all the rest are at least a year older than that. I would have to do through the Announcements forum for the add dates for the rest.
Not positive, but think Sinya is newer, interested to know which world is the newest.

Gladiola

Harandar is the newest world. You can determine the order in which the worlds were created by observing their world or server numbers in browse urls. Arendyll is number 1, Winyandor number 2, Felyndral number 3, etc. This is consistent across all the different country/language servers. So for example the en servers have three world, Arendyll, WInyandor, and Felyndral.

Dew Spinner

Harandar is the newest world. You can determine the order in which the worlds were created by observing their world or server numbers in browse urls. Arendyll is number 1, Winyandor number 2, Felyndral number 3, etc. This is consistent across all the different country/language servers. So for example the en servers have three world, Arendyll, WInyandor, and Felyndral.
Sinya is 6, what number is H World?

Dew Spinner

So If I was a new player, knowing the massive Scrolls imbalance, I would not recommend anyone joining the first 4 or 5 Worlds.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner I suggest you carefully reread my original post. I did not recommend Arendyll as a gameworld. In fact, I specifically avoided making any recommendation. I said, which I believe is accurate, that fellowship is a much greater determinant of many factors (such as trade) than game world, at least in the beginning. It is my understanding, although I have not experienced it, that in less populated, newer worlds such as Harandar, there has been some difficulty at times trading in sentient goods because there are fewer players in advanced chapters. I have not experienced this myself and have little concern about it because I progress so slowly. A player who planned to progress very rapidly might be affected by this although I doubt it.

With regard to my game experience, although I am newly returned, I have dipped my toes into the waters of Elvenar intermittently since times of yore before there were fellowships and tournaments. I try to be accurate in representing what I do and don't know and what is my opinion. If you think a specific statement I have made is incorrect, please do correct me.

With regard to the scrolls imbalance, I am fortunate not to be scrolls boosted on Arendyll, but I believe a newer member of my fellowship who is scrolls boosted could still be successful. The rest of us would just soak up the excess.
I'm sorry, but I think you are putting out a lot of misinformation and have been corrected by older players repeatedly. I know you are new and eager to post but you have to "know" the game a little more. New Players "read" the Forum but normally don't post, so any misinformation could really hurt their game. Again, I am not trying to be rude to you personally.

Crow Last Elf

I play in Harandar and would highly reccommend it to a new player. I think being among cities that are 2 years old or less is great because you know that your teammates "recently" went through the chapters you are going through. In older worlds, cities can be much older... is it 5 years? 6 years?

Finding the right fellowship is key and will make your playing experience better no matter which world you join.

I also play in Fely and I do find the trade slower there in my neighbourhood. Several fellowship members report the same (despite having the move button on). On Hara, my neighbourhood trading is more active.

Iyapo1

So If I was a new player, knowing the massive Scrolls imbalance, I would not recommend anyone joining the first 4 or 5 Worlds.
This is wrong. Due to the scroll imbalance the best worlds to join are the older worlds.
The newer the worlds have less ability to absorb the imbalance.

Dew Spinner

I play in Harandar and would highly reccommend it to a new player. I think being among cities that are 2 years old or less is great because you know that your teammates "recently" went through the chapters you are going through. In older worlds, cities can be much older... is it 5 years? 6 years?

Finding the right fellowship is key and will make your playing experience better no matter which world you join.

I also play in Fely and I do find the trade slower there in my neighbourhood. Several fellowship members report the same (despite having the move button on). On Hara, my neighbourhood trading is more active.
And the Scrolls bottleneck is a lot less.

Dew Spinner

This is wrong. Due to the scroll imbalance the best worlds to join are the older worlds.
The newer the worlds have less ability to absorb the imbalance.
The older worlds are the worst for Scrolls boosted players because they have been pumping out an overload of Scrolls for much longer. There is very little issue with Scrolls in Sinya because it is younger and the Scrolls issue hasn't had as much time to grow out of control, plus now the Moonstone Library set is limited, which is also a benefit to a younger World that isn't already inundated with Scrolls. The older Worlds have had MUCH more time to amass Massive Bone Yards, younger Worlds have not. The absolute ONLY way you are crafting as furiously as you are is that you have a massive Bone Yard pumping out enough CCs and Spell Fragments to do so and the byproduct of that is Massive amounts of Scrolls.

Last edited:

Crow Last Elf

And the Scrolls bottleneck is a lot less.

I agree with that @Dew Spinner, I have been living under the tyranny of scroll production on Hara and due to careful recruiting and maybe the changes to acquiring moonstone libraries, the scroll situation has improved for me and for those I see in the trader.

I've even had to build 2 scroll manus to keep up with demand in my fs, even after a new member joined who is one of the larger cities in my fs, a scroll producer, and trades significantly more than me.

I'm not sure what caused the change, but I hope it lasts.