• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New, choosing world to build in

Iyapo1

The older worlds are the worst for Scrolls boosted players because they have been pumping out an overload of Scrolls for mush longer.
I think all the current servers were already open when the spire was released...I will go digging and edit.

Edit: @Enevhar Aldarion thx for the post below with the info! Spire before Harander.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

I think all the current servers were already open when the spire was released...I will go digging and edit.
OK, I would be interested to know this info. I can't see a way that some worlds are so out of whack and others aren't unless there is an unbalance some where. Thanks for looking for the info.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Spire was introduced a couple of weeks before Harandar went live. And since it takes to chapter 3 to access the Spire, it may as well have not been added until after Harandar was.

Dew Spinner

Spire was introduced a couple of weeks before Harandar went live. And since it takes to chapter 3 to access the Spire, it may as well have not been added until after Harandar was.
So what is causing some Worlds to have a Massive Scrolls problem and others to have none, very interested in this! I have read repeatedly on the Forum about the Massive scrolls issue but when I talk to individual players they don't see it in Sinya, what gives?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So what is causing some Worlds to have a Massive Scrolls problem and others to have none, very interested in this! I have read repeatedly on the Forum about the Massive scrolls issue but when I talk to individual players they don't see it in Sinya, what gives?

Normal goods are regionally traded, not globally, so an entire server is probably not experiencing the same problem. Rather it is the neighborhoods having the problem. That also makes it harder to correct and makes it harder for some people to understand that not everyone is having their problem. Yes, scrolls are hard to trade away in my region of Arendyll, but in my region on Beta, scrolls are no problem at all, crystal is the one that is hard to get and no one seems to want to take gems trades.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm sorry, but I think you are putting out a lot of misinformation and have been corrected by older players repeatedly. I know you are new and eager to post but you have to "know" the game a little more. New Players "read" the Forum but normally don't post, so any misinformation could really hurt their game. Again, I am not trying to be rude to you personally.
For someone who is not trying to be rude, that was kinda rude.

I have been reading Gladiola's posts quite a while here and I haven't heard her put out "a lot of misinformation." If you could be specific and quote exactly what she said that was so wrong, maybe I would agree. But there's nothing in this thread, (unless it was removed and I didn't see it). So where is that misinformation, Dew?

Dew Spinner

For someone who is not trying to be rude, that was kinda rude.

I have been reading Gladiola's posts quite a while here and I haven't heard her put out "a lot of misinformation." If you could be specific and quote exactly what she said that was so wrong, maybe I would agree. But there's nothing in this thread, (unless it was removed and I didn't see it). So where is that misinformation, Dew?
There are too many threads to do that with, she posts on nearly all of them. Just today she said you could teleport Portals and there has been a lot of other misinformation. I know she is new and I don't want to be rude but with her enthusiasm to post she is not being accurate and that is not good for the "readers" only crowd. It's not just me, others have had to correct misinformation too.

Last edited:

Darielle

There are too many threads to do that with, she posts on nearly all of them. Just today she said you could teleport Portals and there has been a lot of other misinformation. I know she is new and I don't want to be rude but with her enthusiasm to post she is not being accurate and that is not good for the "readers" only crowd. It's not just me, others have had to correct misinformation too.
We all make mistakes, especially when we're new. Okay, I grant you that teleporting portals is not a good thing to leave up to misinform people, but I just think there are more polite ways of saying things. I don't want to discourage new players from posting. That's how they get to feel comfortable here and start to feel good about contributing, and our community grows.

I'm not trying to pick on you; I just think that it's hurtful to be singled out and told to shut up and just read. That's basically what you said. If I see an error, I'll tell her, but I won't discourage her posting in the future. She's going to be a great player someday, and a great asset to this board; I'm sure of it.

Iyapo1

I have a scroll boosted on Elcy and on Harander. I also have a BTG on Elcy and on Harander. I stopped trading scrolls. I keep what I need and feed the rest to my BTG.
I dont have a boneyard on Harander but I do have a five-set on Elcy. I craft equally vigorously in both cities, I simply reach the goal via different methods. Elcy=boneyard/ I save big timers for construction, Harander=big timers for CCs/wait out construction and fragging event prizes regularly.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have a wee city on Ceravyn and I have to say, this server appears to having a very rough patch. It takes a long time to find a FS, there don't seem to be many.
Harandar is vibrant, a bit cut throat at the top. I also like Winyandor. I have no opinion on the rest.

Dew Spinner

We all make mistakes, especially when we're new. Okay, I grant you that teleporting portals is not a good thing to leave up to misinform people, but I just think there are more polite ways of saying things. I don't want to discourage new players from posting. That's how they get to feel comfortable here and start to feel good about contributing, and our community grows.

I'm not trying to pick on you; I just think that it's hurtful to be singled out and told to shut up and just read. That's basically what you said. If I see an error, I'll tell her, but I won't discourage her posting in the future. She's going to be a great player someday, and a great asset to this board; I'm sure of it.
Plenty of other posters have said MUCH nastier things than I did and you did not admonish them for it. If you would like to discuss this further, please DM me. Let's not derail this thread any further.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner I suggest we keep personalities out of this. If you see information that I have posted that you believe is incorrect, I encourage you to comment and provide the correct information. Thank you for your feedback.
I agree. The problem with correcting info after it is put out is you don't know how many new players have read the incorrect info and never come back to the thread to even see the correction. That's why I just cautioned you to be careful, I never meant shut up and read. I would never say that to anyone.

Darielle

Plenty of other posters have said MUCH nastier things than I did and you did not admonish them for it. If you would like to discuss this further, please DM me. Let's not derail this thread any further.
I did not see those other posters or things. I've been busy this week. If you felt singled out, I apologize. I have a habit of leaning towards the side of the new players, because they are the ones who can easily be discouraged on here. If I had seen anyone else do it, I would have said the same thing. No derailing, just engaging in topics that are relevant to this particular thread, since it occurred on here. And now, I think we're done, right? Friends?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
In both my cities, I have many library sets. I do not find they give an abundance of scrolls that I can just live off it. The scroll problem in both cities comes from big, established cities in my FS that are scroll boosted. I have medium sized cities. They post large scroll trades. Taking just one would take awhile to digest, let alone taking them from multiple teammates. In my non-scroll boosted city, I just take them and throw them to the pile, but I don't take scrolls from neighbors anymore. In my scroll boosted city, I feel like I'm fighting for crumbs because everyone else is full from the big scroll trades. I feel like my neighbors don't take my scroll trades for the same reason I don't in my other city. My scroll trades would sit for days so I sold off my scroll manus to become a scroll consumer instead. This solution, while workable, has some drawbacks. Even as a scroll consumer, I don't take that many same tier scroll trades either bc my T2s are harder to come by now. I have to trade my T1 boosted and then mix up what I'm cross-trading my T1s for T2s so I don't flood the market with my boosted T1s alone. I'll trade some of the T2s for scrolls but still prefer to cross-trade for all T2s.

Crow Last Elf

In both my cities, I have many library sets. I do not find they give an abundance of scrolls that I can just live off it. The scroll problem in both cities comes from big, established cities in my FS that are scroll boosted. I have medium sized cities. They post large scroll trades. Taking just one would take awhile to digest, let alone taking them from multiple teammates. In my non-scroll boosted city, I just take them and throw them to the pile, but I don't take scrolls from neighbors anymore. In my scroll boosted city, I feel like I'm fighting for crumbs because everyone else is full from the big scroll trades. I feel like my neighbors don't take my scroll trades for the same reason I don't in my other city. My scroll trades would sit for days so I sold off my scroll manus to become a scroll consumer instead. This solution, while workable, has some drawbacks. Even as a scroll consumer, I don't take that many same tier scroll trades either bc my T2s are harder to come by now. I have to trade my T1 boosted and then mix up what I'm cross-trading my T1s for T2s so I don't flood the market with my boosted T1s alone. I'll trade some of the T2s for scrolls but still prefer to cross-trade for all T2s.

@crackie, I was a bigger city in my fs, needing lots of goods to negotiate in the Spire. But being scroll boosted, my trades sat for longer than I liked. I changed to fighting more and implemented the solutions you mentioned. I could see in the trader that my fs and neighbours' scroll trades continued to sit. It has been that way until recently for me in Hara. Now there is more demand for scrolls in my fs and neighbourhood. Maybe since the library set copies are limited and require RR to upgrade, players are not updating the scroll pieces, and the growth in cities on Hara is making the scroll imbalance smaller relative to total T2 production/need. I don't know that I can explain the change, but I like it!

Last edited:

OIM20

@Crow Last Elf, what I've noticed on Elcysandir, at least in my experience in recent weeks, is a lot of the cater/convince/negotiate options have included more scrolls. For example, I just entered the Laboratory today (in the Spire, for OP, which will become available in ch 3) and every one of the first section had scrolls listed as one of the convince options. Sure, that doesn't mean the RNG is going to pick it once you click the button to convince, but it could - and for me, has.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I changed to fighting more
It's true, esp if you can fight the Lab, which is the most expensive expenditure of goods. I have a larger inventory than most of the big cities in my FS bc I fight the most, which means I could afford the big trades. However, I'm not actually spending much of it so it all just accumulates. Seeing how much more economical it is to just fight everything, I'm prepping my smaller city to be able to do it too, but even better. So I've actually switched the small city to a pure catering city while it's still small and save my troops for when things get more expensive. My big city is mostly making goods to help the FS out.

what I've noticed on Elcysandir, at least in my experience in recent weeks, is a lot of the cater/convince/negotiate options have included more scrolls.
Seriously, it's full on happy dance when Spire asks for scrolls. Take it all!!!

NightshadeCS

My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter what world you play in. There are going to be ups and downs, new players and old, edges of the map and cozy spots with the right boosts near the center. Start a city in a world that you like the name of. If it doesn't work out, start another. :cool: :cool: :cool: