• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Craftable Set Building(s)

New Craftable Set Building(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sprite1313

If everyone crafts the set, 3 CC a day seems like a pretty sizable increase (i.e. compared to max 4 per day from MA, or what you can get weekly from Spire). Then 6 months from now we might have people complaining that there's too many CCs and not enough to use them for.

Well, this will give them something new to complain about then :p . But I don’t think it will. I have seen players with 8-10 moonstone libraries in their cities, and they aren’t complaining about having too many CCs.

Yes, it’s a sizable increase for catalysts, but it is reasonable, given that new players are going to be limited in the moonstone libraries. I was trying to develop a method of balancing the playing field, without harming long-term players. Nobody loses anything with this set (nobody has to trash their libraries, and we don’t continue having a goods imbalance).

If it's craftable, what would it cost to craft? Either a lot and the people who need it, won't actually be able to craft it. Or it won't cost much and everyone will craft it

That is an excellent question. What is a reasonable amount? If you make each piece 10 CCs, that will be a lot to many players. But they would break even in 10 days after crafting and placing it. Too much? Too little? I open to suggestions.

Sprite1313

No, it will benefit the players willing to spend money on the event currency to get as many copies as they can. Unless the set pieces show up in the milestone rewards only, meaning only one set per person, people you don't want getting multiples, will get multiples, and the market will get flooded with whatever extra goods it gives.

Let me clarify what I meant (bad syntax on my part): It would be easier for a new player to get the building set if it started out in an event, rather than in the MA for crafting. New players would struggle to come up with the CCs needed to craft the building (unless it was ridiculously cheap to craft).

From my perspective, I don’t care if people end up with multiples of this set. If this is how they get their CCs, mana, seeds, supplies and coins, how does that hurt me? It’s not like the moonstone set which has created an imbalance in trade. It will benefit one badge in the FA. Personally, I can live with that if it helps newer players gain combining catalysts to craft items sooner. It beats them struggling to get CCs when they don’t have the relics to craft them, struggle with spire (or are in a FS that doesn’t do the spire, or a FS of all new players who can’t do the spire).

And let‘s be honest, is there really any way to make anything that players can’t spend money to get more of? And what if they do? Who does it hurt? If players stop spending money, then the developers stop the game.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Okay, so completely divorcing this from the moonstone set issue.

I am proposing a new craftable set (or a set that started as the prize for an event, and later became craftable).

Base pieces give:
Building 1: T1+0 and supplies/mana
Building 2: T2+0 and supplies/mana/seeds
Building 3: T3+0 and a combining catalyst
Linking all three pieces gives you three combining catalysts

Any thoughts?

Way to powerfull (to much CC) also way to crappy unless and this is the kicker you combine it with moonstone sets.
so this is a set that specifically benefits players with moonstone sets.

The 1 trillion spellfragments people have (and are needed for the CC) come from the moonstone sets.
The spire can't sustain a level 5 magic academy already without external input of spell fragments. (read: trash event buildings that developing players need to replace there old ones)

So this set would benefit a very select amount of people with legacy buildings a lot and not new players who do not have these legacy sets.
It also benefits end gamers but not players who develop

Chriger

Let me clarify what I meant (bad syntax on my part): It would be easier for a new player to get the building set if it started out in an event, rather than in the MA for crafting. New players would struggle to come up with the CCs needed to craft the building (unless it was ridiculously cheap to craft).

From my perspective, I don’t care if people end up with multiples of this set. If this is how they get their CCs, mana, seeds, supplies and coins, how does that hurt me? It’s not like the moonstone set which has created an imbalance in trade. It will benefit one badge in the FA. Personally, I can live with that if it helps newer players gain combining catalysts to craft items sooner. It beats them struggling to get CCs when they don’t have the relics to craft them, struggle with spire (or are in a FS that doesn’t do the spire, or a FS of all new players who can’t do the spire).

And let‘s be honest, is there really any way to make anything that players can’t spend money to get more of? And what if they do? Who does it hurt? If players stop spending money, then the developers stop the game.
Other than trader set, there hasn't been a multi-part bonus set from an event in quite some time. It's too easy to have someone get partway through the event, and miss out on one of the buildings. Missing a link bonus on the buildings you do have, is a lot bigger impact than missing a single evolution on an evolving building. Also, events typically aren't made to be easy for new players (i.e. at least based on playing Ch 2-5 cities).

Allowing multiple sets is a terrible idea, and has caused huge problems in the past (i.e. Spire set, brown bears, etc.). If you can get several multiples of 21 CCs a week from effortlessly collecting once a day, you've removed a huge portion of the incentive to actually play the Spire. For goods, you'll wind up with people with no regular T1/T2 manufactories.

I have ~10+ spire sets, and get way more CCs than I'd ever need. I craft stuff I'll never use, just to get a chance of getting 500 diamonds from the bonus chest. I'm sure that's something Inno would look at, if they're adding a large new source of CCs.

Since it doesn't seem like Inno is planning on changing the Spire set, personally I think they should strongly nerf it in upcoming chapters to get people to start deleting them, vs add in new sets to balance out.

BQwer

Other than trader set, there hasn't been a multi-part bonus set from an event in quite some time. It's too easy to have someone get partway through the event, and miss out on one of the buildings. Missing a link bonus on the buildings you do have, is a lot bigger impact than missing a single evolution on an evolving building. Also, events typically aren't made to be easy for new players (i.e. at least based on playing Ch 2-5 cities).
thats why the whole idea is that the set will start as an event and then move to crafting in the MA

I have ~10+ spire sets, and get way more CCs than I'd ever need. I craft stuff I'll never use, just to get a chance of getting 500 diamonds from the bonus chest. I'm sure that's something Inno would look at, if they're adding a large new source of CCs.
this set is for newer players to get though becuase they can't have multiple of the moonstone set older players will still get the set but thats not hurting anyone.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
thats why the whole idea is that the set will start as an event and then move to crafting in the MA

this set is for newer players to get though becuase they can't have multiple of the moonstone set older players will still get the set but thats not hurting anyone.
new players do not have the spell fragments, spellfragments come from....moonstone sets.
The use for a building like this will therefore be somewhat useless for new players.

Second, if you think something is a good building, it's by default too good.
a good suggestion would be so so, but interesting.

It should be on par with normal buildings (not om par or better than the screwups)
Last thing we need are even more screwy buildings.

Alram

Flippers just flip
new players do not have the spell fragments, spellfragments come from....moonstone sets.
The use for a building like this will therefore be somewhat useless for new players.
I agree. This proposed set would not be beneficial to new players.

Iyapo1

I did not even think about this. So to be really helpful this little guy should make spell fragments which would positively delight those with moonstone sets. /s

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since it doesn't seem like Inno is planning on changing the Spire set, personally I think they should strongly nerf it in upcoming chapters to get people to start deleting them, vs add in new sets to balance out.
How? Even if they simply made it impossible to use RR spells on it in chapter 18+ no one would delete them. Until or unless inno gives a viable alternative for CC & SF production Multiple moonsets are never going away.

Since inno won't make the move to actually take away buildings from players the answer is inflation.
E.G.
The fire chicken is too powerful so you give everyone a Phoenix and make the tournament harder.
The Brown Bear is too powerful so you triple everyone's unit production and increase troop losses in the tournament.

The moonstone set is unbalanced so you give everyone multiple sources of CCs and then jack up the CC price of everything.

hvariidh gwendrot

i still have the main dock set as inventory and a couple moonstones sitting around as inventory on most worlds, extra this and extra that all ove the place .. will get a 2nd phoenix this event on some of the worlds with just normal play etc etc spare parts are to be expected, new and/or used players will acquire extras that's not going to change .. most of the fixes have actually helped the majority of players

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Do you think we can at least upgrade them with royal restorations?
I have 3 complete sets in storge from Ch3.
Hi Monica
It depends on what exactly you need upgraded. Moonstone Library cannot be won anymore so yes, I would upgrade old ones. I've sold and then crafted my Stonehenge bases, they were 2 to 6 chapters old. It took 1 to 4 days to turn up in the MA. Bears should return in a couple of months, all the original Phoenixes should be there now.

DeletedUser25392

Hi Monica
It depends on what exactly you need upgraded. Moonstone Library cannot be won anymore so yes, I would upgrade old ones. I've sold and then crafted my Stonehenge bases, they were 2 to 6 chapters old. It took 1 to 4 days to turn up in the MA. Bears should return in a couple of months, all the original Phoenixes should be there now.
Sounds goods. The Phoenix is there but not for the Coldfire[awshucks],,,,,,,Thanks for the info.

DeletedUser25392

Thanks guys for the replies!
I'll pass it on to my fellowship.

Soggy Shorts, we plan to see you tonight when the next event quest unlocks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Coldfire Phoenix, lemme see now. We are about to start week 6, of the Stonehenge set. Here is the list:

Original Phoenixes: Aureate, Fire, Storm
Stonehenge
Mermaid
Original Bears: Brown, Panda, Polar
Gingerbread Mansion
Valentine Float
Coldfire Phoenix
Festival May Tree
(Traders' set)
Wise Golem
Moon Bear
Witch's Hut
Watchful Winter Owl
Everblossom Sleigh

By my calendar we should see Coldfire Phoenix in October.