• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New FA 'Group-Badge' Crafting

are you interested in creating a 'group-badge' option to be crafted for use during the FA?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • needs more discussion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

senate7

Toward the end of the FA many FS are pushing to get as many spots filled on the map as possible. In the final hours it is impossible to create 48 hr goods badges, such as Elegant Statue, and many players may have 1/2 of a statue each.
As the FA is a group effort, I propose giving the players the option of communicating what they have left in their inventory of badges, especially any half-filled badges, and create a new method of crafting a spell in the MA allowing FS members to pool and combine these half-badges into one badge. This crafted spell could become something that comes up in the rotation and a player could craft one occasionally, to keep in their inventory.
This would give more chances to finish the bottomless pit for example, also create more team building experiences for FS. There could be many up-sides to this idea.
What does everyone think about it?

Aritra

I recognize the reasoning behind this, but I don't think I would vote for this. I can't fully articulate why at the moment (I know there will be a reply wanting me to back my unofficial vote). I'll think about it a bit and may update my opinion as this thread progresses.

Now, if only there was a way to redeem unused badges..... ;)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There are a couple ways to play the Fellowship Adventures. You can "build as you go" and do the best you can, or you can "plan it all out" and do, I think, better. The first relies upon everyone responding to the needs of the fellowship and everybody taking the time to look and communicate about see what needs to be done. In most fellowships, given the differences in time zones and player involvement, the "build as you go" method is also a "hit and miss" approach. The "plan it all out" way relies upon experience and somebody, or a group of somebodies in the fellowship to look ahead and plan what route(s) are going to be done and how many rounds of the whirlpool if the fellowship does that. This approach enables you to know pretty well before the FA starts what you will need in Statues, Necklaces and Blacksmiths. And from that you can distribute the work load however you might and get most of them done in the first two or three days. At least that's been my experience.

For this reason then, I would think this idea less positive than negative. For while those who have planned may also benefit from this suggestion, it moves the focus a bit away from careful planning and gives too much to those fellowships who rely upon the first, the "build as you go" method. It is, in my opinion, one of those ideas which sounds good until you really think about how it will affect things.

AJ

Iyapo1

I actually really like this idea. But I would suggest an alteration to how it is accomplished.

I think they should let FS hit a "Complete Adventure Button" to close the pit.
When hit, all existing badges flush...for .01 point or less, something really low. And kicks the whole FS out of the FA.