• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature: Crafting announcement feedback

DeletedUser9601

It has been confirmed by mods/CM's on Beta and EN forums that the ones you already built/inventory will not reappear. They also stated if you want to upgrade the set to later chapters that you need to delete a piece from town/inventory so that it will reappear in crafting list.
Good to know. Honestly its worth burning the whatever crafting catalysts just to reduce my recipe list by 4 or 5. Time to craft but not place the chess set!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
It has been confirmed by mods/CM's on Beta and EN forums that the ones you already built/inventory will not reappear. They also stated if you want to upgrade the set to later chapters that you need to delete a piece from town/inventory so that it will reappear in crafting list.

Valuable information - thank you so much!

Risen Malchiah

Good to know. The problem though is that if you want to upgrade a piece, you'd have to delete it and wait for the piece to pop up again to recreate the missing link.

I agree with @Tedious though that it might be worth crafting just to reduce the recipe rotation.

Last edited:

k777

I like crafting a lot; waited more than 2 months between sawmill offerings though. I am in constructs; don't need little culture, basic spells, rune shards, etc., but I did appreciate the sawmills, and I make time instants every time they're offered.
My main gripe at this point is the weird time X:48 / wish you'd put it on an hour - pick an hour!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My main gripe at this point is the weird time X:48 / wish you'd put it on an hour - pick an hour!
The crazy thing is that it's based on when you logged in the first time since crafting was released. It updates every 8h since then. My cities are each a little off from each other.

I think you can set it how you like it by spending 75 diamonds but haven't tested that.

k777

The crazy thing is that it's based on when you logged in the first time since crafting was released. It updates every 8h since then. My cities are each a little off from each other.

I think you can set it how you like it by spending 75 diamonds but haven't tested that.

Problem with that theory is that when I started crafting, it appeared every 8 hours ON the hour. After a few days the time started shifting and finally ended up at :48.

SoggyShorts

Problem with that theory is that when I started crafting, it appeared every 8 hours ON the hour. After a few days the time started shifting and finally ended up at :48.
So you've had multiple different times on the same account? strange. The only thing I've ever noticed was that Winy has always flipped 17 minutes before Khel. It was never on the hour for either of them (same for Beta) same for my wife's 3 accounts.

k777

So you've had multiple different times on the same account? strange. The only thing I've ever noticed was that Winy has always flipped 17 minutes before Khel. It was never on the hour for either of them (same for Beta) same for my wife's 3 accounts.
Yes. I have just one account and that is what happened. When I wrote to Support about it as a bug, they said they were working on it. But that was in the first couple of weeks.

Risen Malchiah

My cities have different times as well and they correspond to when I first logged in for those cities after the crafting patch. Had I realized that, I would have immediately logged in to the others so they'd be timed together. And now one city is way off from the others since I was impatient one day and clicked the diamond reset option. So yeah, you could line up your cities that way, but I doubt that would be the best use of diamonds.

DeletedUser2870

I'm keeping a close eye on what I can craft. Most recipes are pretty useless to me. The chances of getting one of the recipes I actually want/find useful are slim to none. The fact that they pop up at random has a severe drawback in that some recipes hardly ever pop up, while others seem to be there almost constantly. A once-per-day free opportunity to get new recipes would greatly improve the chances of actually getting one that is wanted.

Also, as @SoggyShorts remarked earlier, the amount of 2x2 and 2x1 cultural buildings is way too high. Same with all the different coinrains and supply-windfalls. They don't all need to be there. KP-instants, same thing. Having the 2x1, 1x7 and 1x10 all there is too much.

(edited for typo)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Also, as @SoggyShorts remarked earlier, the amount of 2x2 and 2x1 cultural buildings is way too high. Same with all the different coinrains and supply-windfalls. They don't all need to be there. KP-istants, same thing. Having the 2x1, 1x7 and 1x10 all there is too much.
My fear is that at launch they didn't have enough crafting ideas so they filled it up a bit with fluff. Then they added quite a few more but forgot to remove the fluff, and now they never will.

DeletedUser2870

You are probably right.

Now that might be an idea to keep players active on the forum:
New topic, pinpointed at the top, near the release notes, where all active recipes are shown and have players vote on which 5 will be taken out for the next month. The 5 with the most votes will be taken out and 5 others will be put in, then the process is repeated.

SoggyShorts

Now that might be an idea to keep players active on the forum:
New topic, pinpointed at the top, near the release notes, where all active recipes are shown and have players vote on which 5 will be taken out for the next month. The 5 with the most votes will be taken out and 5 others will be put in, then the process is repeated.
For a moment I liked it, and now I don't.:(
You know how in every single live Q&A players always ask for rotating buildings and storage space? I don't want those players voting.
Think about the RR recipe that players with RRs love. the 90% of players without them will vote them out.

DeletedUser2870

For a moment I liked it, and now I don't.:(
You know how in every single live Q&A players always ask for rotating buildings and storage space? I don't want those players voting.
Think about the RR recipe that players with RRs love. the 90% of players without them will vote them out.

Hmmmm...you are right there. So let's adapt the idea. Having the core which always remains the same, including at least one of the RR's. And have one part where some stuff is rotated.
On the other hand, we're talking about voting on the forum. That is only a fraction of the players as most never make it to the forum, so you may well find out that you have more support on the ones you' like than you realise.

SoggyShorts

so you may well find out that you have more support on the ones you' like than you realise.
Yeah without any proof, my guess is that the forums over-represent "me". But if they do a full pop-up with a link like the Gravity inn then loads and loads of new players appear for a minute.

Maybe better if we go the other way and vote things IN. So the left 4 boxes remain th same, but the right box is always one of the 5 things we voted in for a week.

I had an idea for the wholesaler awhile back that could be adapted :https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/trader-a-truly-dynamic-wholesaler.7097/

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ah. I hadn't considered the presented options might be cyclical. Only that the result is random from the list. With that being the case, does the cycle matter, or is it just the mathematician in you that is jonesing for another spreadhseet?