• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature: Crafting announcement feedback

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Interesting. We are on the same cycle.
upload_2019-4-4_21-47-3.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ah. I hadn't considered the presented options might be cyclical. Only that the result is random from the list. With that being the case, does the cycle matter, or is it just the mathematician in you that is jonesing for another spreadhseet?

Yep, I was talking about the three options within each chest being sequential. My girlfriend and I have had matching items in each chest for the first five or six, but I am ahead of her by a few now and lost track of the number of chests I have opened. I just figured by now someone on this site, or on another, was way ahead of all of us in chests opened and had documented the three possible prizes in each. When I saw the fifth chest had the same three items as the first chest, I thought is was just the first four sets on a loop. But then I got to the sixth chest and it was not like the second chest at all, so I figured each chest would be mostly a unique combo of three possible prizes.

My current chest, which is somewhere between #9 and #11, offers:

500 diamonds
5x Ancient Knowledge 10
3 Winter Lampions

This is the first chest I have seen the lampions offered.

DeletedUser2870

Yeah without any proof, my guess is that the forums over-represent "me". But if they do a full pop-up with a link like the Gravity inn then loads and loads of new players appear for a minute.

Maybe better if we go the other way and vote things IN. So the left 4 boxes remain th same, but the right box is always one of the 5 things we voted in for a week.

I had an idea for the wholesaler awhile back that could be adapted :https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/trader-a-truly-dynamic-wholesaler.7097/

Sound like a plan I could very well live with.

And yes, I've seen that link @SoggyShorts. In fact, I seem to remember reacting to it. And several ideas were launched for the trader on the beta-forum, I launched some myself. Just have to wait and see if any of the ideas get picked up at some point. And even if they do, Inno's timescale of implementation is almost like the geological timescale....it may literally take ages in the game.

(Edit).
With seeing those chests I'm kinda annoyed. I like those prizes, but I don't like them enough to craft a lot of useless stuff for. It really would be nice to see some of the stuff I want come by a tad more often. Finally crafted 1 of the temp unit buildings again yesterday...the first to come by in about 4 weeks. At that rate I'm not really going to get close to a chest anytime soon.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
With seeing those chests I'm kinda annoyed. I like those prizes, but I don't like them enough to craft a lot of useless stuff for. It really would be nice to see some of the stuff I want come by a tad more often. Finally crafted 1 of the temp unit buildings again yesterday...the first to come by in about 4 weeks. At that rate I'm not really going to get close to a chest anytime soon.

Well, I got that many chests so far by just crafting stuff in general, not just buildings I really wanted. I will craft the little 1x2 and 2x1 buildings for the 5 vapor and then disenchant them. 20 of them and you have a full chest in a week or less, if you get lucky. Mix into that the buildings I want to keep that are worth more vapor and the chests add up. Sure, I burn through more CCs and spell fragments than the average crafter, but I think it has been worth it. I have gotten lucky and gotten the 500 diamonds prize at least three times and, when diamonds were not one of the prizes, I have gotten the 20% chance prize a couple more times. On that, I know somewhere early in this very thread, I commented on how I had used up all my luck in this game because I got the 500 diamonds from the very first two chests I opened. All those free diamonds let me buy another expansion.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It has been 8 days now since the end of the last planks tournament, in which my fellowship got all 10 chests and the blueprint. So of course, the recipe for converting it into RR spells has not shown up once in those 8 days, even though I have seen it a few times before. That is 24 sets of 5 recipes in that span.

Deleted User - 3932582

It has been 8 days now since the end of the last planks tournament, in which my fellowship got all 10 chests and the blueprint. So of course, the recipe for converting it into RR spells has not shown up once in those 8 days, even though I have seen it a few times before. That is 24 sets of 5 recipes in that span.

It gets better, anecdotally (/sarcasm). I consistently get 30 RR recipe when I am 1 or 2 catalysts short. And just yesterday I've got both 20RR and 30RR recipes in the same draw. If these are uniformly random, with expectation of ~1 such recipe per week, getting two of these in the same draw should be pretty unlikely.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It gets better, anecdotally (/sarcasm). I consistently get 30 RR recipe when I am 1 or 2 catalysts short. And just yesterday I've got both 20RR and 30RR recipes in the same draw. If these are uniformly random, with expectation of ~1 such recipe per week, getting two of these in the same draw should be pretty unlikely.

And the day after I posted here about not seeing the recipe, it finally shows up. So now I have 10 more RR spells that I have no idea what I will use them on. lol

Rocce Sqirl

On the subject of crafting in general, my only real squawk is getting a recipe that has the same item more than once. Pet food twice? (I saw once it came up three times!) Right now it has coin rain twice -- okay one is 33% and one is 50% but there's not enough difference in that to matter. Especially when it'll pop up again in short order. What a waste of opportunity to offer something else.

DeletedUser

I'm still looking for another mage multiplier to come up for the gems and marble tournaments soon but haven't found one in almost 2 months. Yeah it's very disheartening when nothing but color flames and unicorns come up but I refuse to ever take the 75 diamond gamble for probably just more stuff I don't need.

Risen Malchiah

On the subject of crafting in general, my only real squawk is getting a recipe that has the same item more than once. Pet food twice? (I saw once it came up three times!)
This I actually don't mind. Being able to choose which relic I spend is helpful. I'd rather not spend the same relics I use to make catalysts and MM spells if I can help it. (Even though I have thousands of each.)

I'm still looking for another mage multiplier to come up for the gems and marble tournaments soon but haven't found one in almost 2 months. Yeah it's very disheartening when nothing but color flames and unicorns come up but I refuse to ever take the 75 diamond gamble for probably just more stuff I don't need.
UUU, ELR and MMM are sooo hard to come by. I craft them any chance I get but you're right, the recipe list is so long now that it's getting to be nearly impossible to craft these. Personally, I would like them to ditch all those 1x2 and 2x1 winter-themed ones. Let them appear in the winter, but not all year round.

I've also started crafting the chess set JUST so it stops appearing. I'll leave it in my inventory and never place or disenchant it. It's annoying seeing that show up over and over.

DeletedUser4968

On the subject of crafting in general, my only real squawk is getting a recipe that has the same item more than once. Pet food twice? (I saw once it came up three times!) Right now it has coin rain twice -- okay one is 33% and one is 50% but there's not enough difference in that to matter. Especially when it'll pop up again in short order. What a waste of opportunity to offer something else.
I actually like it when the pet food has more than one. Then you can craft the one that you have the most relics of.

k777

I have noted that when pet food comes up 2x in the same row, the 2 will require different relics. Gives you a chance to not use your boost relics on it. That said, I'd rather see 5 different things, too. :)

DeletedUser20951

I thought I had read that the... chest you get for vapors... Mystical Object (Orb?)! Anyway, that it was random, what is offered next? I don't know exactly how many I have opened, but I keep crafting fairly neck and neck with both of my cities, and I have been receiving the same succession of options for each.

DeletedUser20951

I'm just wondering if I'm disremembering, but I'm not willing to go back through this thread to confirm it. XD I realize it isn't an important matter, yet my brain refuses to let it go and yammers on about the inconsistency between what I believed to have been stated here and what actually occurs.