• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature-inventory

DeletedUser

I don't know if anyone has talked about this before, so forgive me if i missed it.

I really wish i could inventory my roads and or buildings when i try to re-arrange my town. I don't have a lot of land yet and it gets filled fast when i do get more space.
When i try to change the layout as my town grows, it would be helpful to have a warehouse or something.
I don't like to sell my roads and small culture items so i can re-arrange and then buy and re-build them once i change the area around.

DeletedUser61

Most of us drop an expansion somewhere awkward, and use it as our temporary storage while we're rearranging things. There's are several threads bout swapping, storage, blueprint mode, but very few of them acknowledge the fundamental issue.
  1. How long is "temporary" and what happens to your stuff when the timer expires?
  2. If there's no timer, then how would you prevent folks from using the "permanent" storage to park a Barracks, Trader, Ancient Wonder, Magic Academy, etc that they don't need at the moment.
So either you'll risk losing stuff (bad), or you'll trivialize the rearrangement puzzle by simply enlarging the city (also bad) and in a week you'll be right back where you started from.

jigsaw.jpg

DeletedUser2424

I just put up a new post before seeing this. Here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/10x5-scratch-space-for-sane-city-planning.2732/

Most of us drop an expansion somewhere awkward, and use it as our temporary storage while we're rearranging things. There's are several threads bout swapping, storage, blueprint mode, but very few of them acknowledge the fundamental issue.
  1. How long is "temporary" and what happens to your stuff when the timer expires?
  2. If there's no timer, then how would you prevent folks from using the "permanent" storage to park a Barracks, Trader, Ancient Wonder, Magic Academy, etc that they don't need at the moment.
So either you'll risk losing stuff (bad), or you'll trivialize the rearrangement puzzle by simply enlarging the city (also bad) and in a week you'll be right back where you started from.
View attachment 836

It addresses the concerns you brought up.

DeletedUser626

there are stages in the game when I've wanted to rearrange my city. to do it I would remove culture buildings for the city grid space.
it gave me lots of room to rearrange my city, and most of them were going to be changed out for better researched culture.

on roads, yeah.. they start getting costly and when sold we get nothing back for them..

DeletedUser

there are stages in the game when I've wanted to rearrange my city. to do it I would remove culture buildings for the city grid space.
it gave me lots of room to rearrange my city, and most of them were going to be changed out for better researched culture.

on roads, yeah.. they start getting costly and when sold we get nothing back for them..
yeah that's pretty much what i have been doing. i sold off all of the small culture things and move roads around. I've seen other cities and they look awesome, but i'll get there....

DeletedUser2424

Selling roads and getting your goods back is probably the easiest solution devs could implement quickly. So, I'm in favor of getting something sooner rather than later... but it still makes city planning overly tedious when you got 5x4 things to shuffle around.