• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

NightshadeCS

Before the FA starts, I have taken to posting a list of badges and the amount each person would have to make if we split them up evenly. When you look at that list, it doesn't seem too bad. We don't require these amounts, but it is something helpful to see that completing the FA is definitely doable.

Below is the list if you had 20 active participants (total badges from all paths, all stages, divided by 20, rounded up):
Brewer: 8
Treant: 3
Baker: 4
Carpenter: 13
Farmer: 17
Blacksmith: 21
Flacon: 11
Bracelet: 16
Necklace: 10
Statue: 6
Wand: 5
Potion: 6
Hat: 6
Wonder: 27
Guard: 5
Coins: 25

This is also helpful for seeing what should be concentrated on. Treants, for example, should have quite low priority, since almost everyone can fit in 3 in 5 days without much effort. Blacksmiths, at 21, mean that you have to produce 3-4 of those a day, which means 15-20 workshops dedicated just to that. Anyway, just another way to look at the data and make a game plan.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When you look at that list, it doesn't seem too bad
I'd say the problem with that is: There's no point doing all three paths onevery stage unless you are trying to get top prizes, and if you are trying to get top prizes, it will be the pit where you run into trouble, not completing the stages.

NightshadeCS

I'd say the problem with that is: There's no point doing all three paths onevery stage unless you are trying to get top prizes, and if you are trying to get top prizes, it will be the pit where you run into trouble, not completing the stages.
We generally aim for (and attain) a spot in the top 20. We finished 16th this time, and completed every waypoint except for 4.

To reiterate my point, we don't use that list as a rule. You cannot, of course, because some people have huge amounts of space and can make many more badges than are listed, and some have virtually none and can only contribute a little. But it is a mental priming. If you go into the FA thinking "oh, wow, when we work together, it really isn't impossible to meet our goal," you are probably going to do better as a group.

Crow Last Elf

mental priming

Good idea! For the same reason, I let my fs know that based on our goal to achieve a good rank in the standings, we hope to build 25 WS on average and 5 Sets per player. It usually prompts people who can not achieve that to let me know so I can decide if the path has to change. I would share as much detail as you if they wanted, but less is better for my fs.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 4366037

So, we are coming up on the arbitrarily-set expiration of the phoenix artifacts in the MA, and the 2019 artifact did not appear once in either of my cities after the end of the FA. I am now left with meaningless main prizes and cannot evolve either phoenix building, despite all of the work that went in to the FA. I am sure I am not the only one left wanting. I have no idea why Inno would decide to extend the period to include the FA artifacts, but then give us 3 days to actually deal with the RNG nonsense. What really does it for me is the fact that this whole issue is easily avoidable, and Inno could have handled it a hundred better ways. I would usually just quit playing any online game that pisses me off as much as this has, but I greatly enjoy my fellowships and the other core functions of the game, so instead I just will not spend another cent on it. Maybe that will cue them in eventually.

/hereith ends my rant.

neeronie

neeronie

I'm sorry I was ranting so badly. I apologize. I'm usually a nice, calm person, lol. I'm calm now, anyway. :p
Happy to hear you are calm now, It can be sooooooo stressful and it doesn't need to be, Challenging, yes, requiring planning, yes, opportunity for team building, yes, fun, oh, my yes, that is why we budget this game in the entertainment column, but stressful in a bad way, no, causing upset in the Fellowship, double no, no. The problem that stands out above all others is members not following the path. Are you listening Inno? If you can work out the menu problems, you can design a way to turn off the lights on dots, or put a blinker on the one in play or change them to stars or whatever your imagination comes up with. Thank I'm done.

Deleted User - 4356104

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know what you think about our 'Fellowship Adventures with a Twist' we announced.

You can read the full post here!
I'm not sure if this is the right way to let you know, but I am REALLY disappointed that I have not been able to convert my two Coldfire Phoenix artifacts to a regular Phoenix artifact since my fellowship won the second one in the FA (I already had one). I did everything right, including spending diamonds to get my Magic Academy on a schedule so that I could ALWAYS check to see if the conversion was offered. I play in two worlds, and in one of them it worked out, but I have waited in vain for about a week to convert them in my other world. Now it's May 6, and since I'm on the US West Coast you probably already stopped offering that possibility. Why not a little longer? Or why didn't you set up the algorithms so that everyone had this opportunity at least a few times??

Crow Last Elf

It is disappointing that ANY player did not get the chance to convert the FA artifacts to 2019 artifacts, if they wanted. The players affected the most are likely those in smaller fs that played the hardest, needing more time to complete the stages and having less time to convert the artifacts. The FA is seen as taking a lot of effort and can lead to a better team spirit and loyalty to the game. Why not let players obtain maximum benefit for the rewards that they worked for? Ending the conversion option 2 days and 4 hours after the end of the FA seems to have little benefit compared to leaving the conversion recipe in for 1 week or 2 weeks in order to account for the randomness of the MA.

When INNO made the decision to offer 2019 artifacts and the ability to convert 2020 artifacts, it was appreciated by the players, and I'm sure many took advantage of it. That generated goodwill towards INNO. It seemed that INNO was honourng past promises to offer 2019 artifacts again and to let newer players be competitive against veteran players by acquiring a building that is seen as best-in-game. A huge positive for INNO! Why then place burdensome restrictions on the conversion? Twice! If even a small number of players missed the conversion, what benefit is that to INNO?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They benefit from players accepting to spend X×50 diamonds in refreshing to get the recipe.
Short term vs Long term.

Working from home, with the same income and virtually no fuel or entertainment budget to speak of, my online entertainment budget has quadrupled over February, and not a dime of it is going to Inno because I don't feel like they want me as a customer. Instead I'm spending about $100/week on Steam, where I almost always feel like the game developers appreciate having me as a client, instead of treating me like a pest that has to be dealt with barbecue there's no other choice. One example, Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, a completely different style of game, yet I can still mostly just sit back and watch my team do their think, with graphics and story lines proceeding, jump in when i feel like it, ignore it when I don't, something free in my email every week, interesting events every weekend that don't require me to tear stuff down to participate, cool new stuff in the store practically every day. Every weekend, a cooking show on Twitch that introduces characters be making them as pancakes. I've spent nearly a hundred dollars since Sunday, which is more than I've spent on Elvenar in the last year.

Crow Last Elf

They benefit from players accepting to spend X×50 diamonds in refreshing to get the recipe.

Instead of squeezing a few players at the end of a very long process, if INNO offered an extra artifact with the event outpost, I'm sure they would have been more successful, given that buying an outpost guarantees you a return vs. the gamble of refreshing the MA.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Instead of squeezing a few players at the end of a very long process, if INNO offered an extra artifact with the event outpost, I'm sure they would have been more successful, given that buying an outpost guarantees you a return vs. the gamble of refreshing the MA.
The outpost is a terrible return on investment. Pay money up front, and it still only pays off if you devote practically every waking hour to scouring the game for drops, vs just buying a pack of the essences when they go on sale the first few days

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The outpost is a terrible return on investment. Pay money up front, and it still only pays off if you devote practically every waking hour to scouring the game for drops, vs just buying a pack of the essences when they go on sale the first few days
True ... which is why offering an artifact with it would have given Inno a lot of cash that savvy players would not have otherwise spent on a bad investment.

Risen Malchiah

I absolutely would have bought an artifact-included outpost for last year's Phoenix & Autumn Zodiac events. Sadly, I still would not be motivated to buy this for any of the other events since then.

Crow Last Elf

The pricing on the outpost for recent events confuses me to no end. For the price, you get 1 grand prize on average and 1 or 2 daily prizes. So offering an artifact and the outpost doubles the value. I didn't notice the price on essences, so I'll take your word for it that it is the better way to go. I do know from Black Friday that an artifact is worth US$33 ;)

Given that 9 coldfire artifacts were offered before the second base in the grand prize rotation, buying the outpost and a few of the mystical objects in the MA would have given me an additional 2020 artifact (the 9th). The 9th artifact by itself had no value to me. That is what I expected from the start of the event, and that is how it turned out. Being able to obtain an additional artifact, if offered with the outpost, that would let me obtain another 2019 artifact, it would have made the outpost a really attractive option, not just a donation to INNO.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new Fellowship Adventures starts Monday 5th October 2020
Read all about it here: !https://tinyurl.com/y539w8tz

You are welcome to share the link to this Note with friends and fellowship, and to use our spreadsheet (though I personally never use one)

120475375_10217755439218339_1510170869034148272_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
An extra day has been added to this FA, to end now on Monday 12th October 2020.
This change was made so the design team could be available in normal work hours when the FA ends.

This is IMHO a REALLY bad decision!
Already the top fellowships are reaching the Bottomless Pit with several days of just plonk-plonk-plonking of Items to keep their ranking position - this requires one to be tied to the computer most of the day, and with an overload of FA’s already, this is really just more of what we don’t need!

It would be better, I think, to start the FA a day later on a Tuesday rather than a Monday, to coincide with the Tournament, which we need to make Magic Items.

120840143_10217777292604660_2155855699862018348_n.jpg