• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

DeletedUser24282

Pardon me if this has been discussed, but the search found nothing. My complaint is the Arcane Residue for 10 vision vapors. Most crafting items are much more or less than 10 vapor. So it either takes all day to craft two items or wasting vapor when they're worth 15 or 29 or whatever. And there's only one place to acquire vapor. This one really needs to allow accumulation of vapor for multiple badges or occur in much smaller amounts on the paths. It's going to be the one that stops our progress dead.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Pardon me if this has been discussed, but the search found nothing. My complaint is the Arcane Residue for 10 vision vapors. Most crafting items are much more or less than 10 vapor. So it either takes all day to craft two items or wasting vapor when they're worth 15 or 29 or whatever. And there's only one place to acquire vapor. This one really needs to allow accumulation of vapor for multiple badges or occur in much smaller amounts on the paths. It's going to be the one that stops our progress dead.

Maybe you missed the part where this started on Beta as requiring 15 VV to make, so it dropping to 10 is a huge help. Though a lot of us on Beta argued that is should be between 7 and 9 because 7, 8, or 9 would work better with so many craftings giving 9 or less vapor.

Silver Lady

I’m pretty sure somewhere in this thread someone suggested that the requirements for badges rollover. E.g. Blacksmiths require toolboxes 5x and I’ve made 10x. Due to crowded conditions I’ve unfortunately collected all 10 at the same time. It would be soooo nice if I could collect the first one and then have the second immediately ready because the 5 not needed for the first “rolled over”. So to any and all who’ve asked for this functionality I’m all for it.

Iyapo1

@Aritra

Me? In one city I have a level 9 and the only reason it is that high is because I upgraded it before I realised it couldn't be undone. Live and learn. In my other cities the anemic things will not make it past the first size change(lv5 I think)

Aritra

@Aritra
Me? In one city I have a level 9 and the only reason it is that high is because I upgraded it before I realised it couldn't be undone. Live and learn. In my other cities the anemic things will not make it past the first size change(lv5 I think)
I didn't mean that challengingly. I was just curious what number you had in mind when you made the comment.
My barracks are at 7 and single armory at 17. I have intended to continue with those upgrades, at least just a bit more (no where near max). For a while I just left it low (3 or 4, some point when I figured out that as non-military I didn't need them) since I don't fight, but later decided to let them be stronger to help me recruit more effectively during quest events. During quests I have wished I had upgraded to improve recruit accumulation so now I have enabled that improvement (so far, it has been worth it).
But... as you know... I tend to do things a little differently. ;) (are you shaking your head, heehee, maybe laughing)

Aritra

I’m pretty sure somewhere in this thread someone suggested that the requirements for badges rollover. E.g. Blacksmiths require toolboxes 5x and I’ve made 10x. Due to crowded conditions I’ve unfortunately collected all 10 at the same time. It would be soooo nice if I could collect the first one and then have the second immediately ready because the 5 not needed for the first “rolled over”. So to any and all who’ve asked for this functionality I’m all for it.
If I understand you correctly, this is what has been called stacking and it has been controversial in the threads. It has been clear that won't be changed. You just have to stay mindful. Collect only what you need for badge--get badge--then collect more--repeat. Slower, but you'll minimize loss.

Iyapo1

But... as you know... I tend to do things a little differently. ;) (are you shaking your head, heehee, maybe laughing)
Not me.
later decided to let them be stronger to help me recruit more effectively during quest events. During quests I have wished I had upgraded to improve recruit accumulation so now I have enabled that improvement (so far, it has been worth it).
Makes sense to me. I am a bit of a spire fan. I have oodles of speedups. So I went that route.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
During quests I have wished I had upgraded to improve recruit accumulation so now I have enabled that improvement (so far, it has been worth it).
Perfectly reasonable to keep a moderate barracks (e.g. 2 full chapters behind or something) just for quests- that's still good enough to make EG badges if your FS needs you to help with those. As a % of your Total pop&space the barracks is quite small and won't harm progress in other areas in any noticeable way.

tiG23

ok, as a fairly new player, I read you can't cater all the way through. So here I am upgrading everything military and now it's gonna bite me? help, before I go further. (I am enjoying auto-fight, but don't get very far. Not interested in manual fighting)

Aritra

ok, as a fairly new player, I read you can't cater all the way through. So here I am upgrading everything military and now it's gonna bite me? help, before I go further. (I am enjoying auto-fight, but don't get very far. Not interested in manual fighting)
It isn't that you can't cater through. It is that it will become more difficult, especially in later chapters. Cater only cities are not too common (I think, because they seem to be discouraged) but they're out there. I haven't had any regrets yet, but I'm only in chapter seven. I know there are late game cater cities/players but I can't recall who at the moment. Hopefully they'll see this and give you tips/warnings. The bottom line is that the focus of your city on manufacturing will be greater because you will have a greater need for goods to keep catering. It is fairly normal for new players to be encouraged to get those things upgraded ASAP because needing them is the norm (they typically, imo, neglect to let the new player know there is another way, even if it isn't a popular choice, it is still an option you should have been allowed to make an informed decision about--and they're not being deceitful or shady about it, they really are trying to help you).

Last edited:

tiG23

ty, I actually did ask my first fs and was told it was impossible to cater only. oh well, just don't want the upgrades to hurt me.

Aritra

ty, I actually did ask my first fs and was told it was impossible to cater only. oh well, just don't want the upgrades to hurt me.
There's a difference between impossible and near impossible. It won't be just more difficult, but really difficult. Personally, I haven't given up on the path, though it is only chapter seven. I may very well regret it but I won't know until I get there. Doing military/non-cater-only is not taking an easy way out but it is easier (as I've been told, I've never done it myself--this is my first city).

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am also a new player. How would your upgrades bite you?

DeletedUser24282

Maybe you missed the part where this started on Beta as requiring 15 VV to make, so it dropping to 10 is a huge help. Though a lot of us on Beta argued that is should be between 7 and 9 because 7, 8, or 9 would work better with so many craftings giving 9 or less vapor.
I don't have a Beta account, but I do agree with your argument. Even 9 would work a lot better.