• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
needed two post to fit it all and i post just in time for a page break ><
So reposting part 1

My FA thoughts.

I honestly liked this new version a lot more then the old version. Not to say it doesn't need improvements, but over all it was a lot more simple and a lot more stress free for me.

I run two cities in my fs. And i plan ahead and use all my room for badges in both cities. Im also the one that has to come up with the FA plan for my FS each time. I run the event as well as keep track of every single badge reported and every badge spent and who is doing it. So forth and so forth, you get the idea. Point being that i see what each player is doing every fa. It can some times take hours for me when i first get on to collect and reset both my cities and update my spreed sheets and finish everything else. - So when i say that this new FA format had a lot less stress involved for me.. i mean it lol.

I can respect the different lines of thought behind the new fa format as well. It was an interesting mix of trying to listen to player feedback and being able to incorporate specific badges that required players to experience all the different aspects of the game (since some ppl ignore certain parts.) We had badges that leaned towards ws, factory, tourney, spire, MA, crafting.. a wide field to make players experience different things and see what the game has to offer. Its also a good way to spread out the badge requirements instead of making nearly all of them ws/factory badges.

It also had a nice attribute of being an on going production badge. Instead of workshop or factory badges where its 'who is making what and how many specifically', the new badges were ones that are ongoing. Everyone can be making them all the time (generally speaking). Which also meant less badge reporting needed to be done. - And one of my favorite effects of this was the fact that even the players that generally don't do Fa's or do very little at best, would still be making badges even if they wernt trying to. Which put them in the position of do they willfully withhold using badges from there own fs, or go use them even if they don't care about the fa or there fs. I noticed a few players that normally don't participate much suddenly had a higher number of badges used then they ever do before. And they were nearly all non ws/factory badges. Its kind of a cleaver way of 'almost force participation' without actually forcing them. And yet, still a bit stronger then just an incentive. So i find that very amusing, and helpful.

As for the badges themselves...

I was glad the treants and bakers were taken out. I kinda wished carpenters was added to that list too, but oh well. We had to many ws badges. Seeing them reduced from so many different kinds was nice. Similar can be said for factory badges tho there were less of those to begin with. I think id rather have seen the statues removed tho. They have always been a pain. The main goal has always been to try and have all the statues you'll need finished before the fa starts/as it starts. The time on it is just to long to want to make during an FA.

Witch hat/enchantment badges of old; it was a good way of combining all three of those. Not bad once you get used to it. And the fact that we dont have to stop (especially during tourney) to go grab the 100 goods to finish the badge is probably the biggest upside of that change.

New badges:
Ghost, solve 3 tourney or spire encounters: I was honestly ready to be annoyed at this badge. Even went so far as to assume the annoyance. I figured it would be programmed similar to the event quests where it is one or the other. 3 tourney encounters OR 3 spire encounters. I was very surprised that we were allowed to mix and match to get this badge. And very grateful. I think that fact is what made this badge decent. If it had been one OR the other then this would have been very irritating and probably upset a lot of ppl. So good attention to detail on that one. Some times its the small details that make all the difference.

Staff, collect combat catalyst spell: This one was an iffy one and could be very situational. You can get them in the spire as a random chest reward. But you also could go a whole floor and not get any (hence random). Also, if you did get a catalyst chest, it was usually spell x3 all at once. Which meant we would only get one badge out of that and not three. - Which left the other choice of making them in the Magic Academy. But if you do that, you cant make the spells for the witches hat at the same time. So we have to make that choice. - Part of me likes the idea of making to make strategic choices in this manner, but part of me understands why some don't like it. And speaking of that.. i also understand why younger players are annoyed at the the magic academy badges all together when they only have a low level MA. The enchantments take so much longer which will effect FA play. Yet at the same time, i also feel its a temporary thing if they continue playing. Because you can get small amounts of diamonds in the spire each week. (And i think inno added a few to completing early chapters now? I could be wrong on that.) But either way. with some persistence, the younger players can earn enough diamonds over time without having to spend money and be able to upgrade there MA. Which again, long term/planning ahead strategy. It was a founding principle of this game. So i can see both sides on this. Tho the players have the ability to make it a non issue through smart game play which i find very interesting. Not something i see to often.

Marbles, gain 8 relics: A simple enough badge for those that play tourney. Your decision to reduce it from gain 10 to gain 8 was a smart one. With tourney provinces after #9 giving 4 relics per tourney, 8/10 makes a big difference. Its actually a 50% increase of provinces needed (if your going in numerical order). Which would mean a lot less badges being made. So good call on that one.

Residue, gain 10 vision vapor: One of the big two badges that most players had an issue with in this system. The fact that you reduced it from 15 VV to 10 VV and ppl still had such a big issue with it says a lot. - We only have one MA so we can only be making 1 at a time at most. And with random crafting options, we might get lucky and one craft equals one badge. Or we might get a run of recipes that only give 2-3 vapor and need an eternity to get one badge. - When you can look at a fresh line of recipes that are all 2-3 and realize that it might be more efficient to just wait the 6~ hour for a new batch rather then try to make all those small ones... that's an issue. Luckily, i personally did not run into that issue. All of mine were either one recipe or two recipes to get my badge. But im guessing not everyone was that lucky. --- All of that being said, i like the badge idea. I think the amount needed of this badge needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that ppl can not make these as fast as the other badges.

Tiara, use 3 enchantments: I saved this until after the residue in order to pair it with
Bracelet, Produce xx amount of t1 goods: Because Bracelet is the second of the two big badges that players had an issue with.
In order to make bracelets, many players had to run the good enchantment badge on there t1 factories around the clock. That necessity gave them a handful of tiaras by default. So tiaras wernt rly any issue due to that fact. But bracelets were one of the two badges i heard the most about. And i also can see why this would be the more complicated badge to address.

I do like the removal of two of the old factory badges and the implementation of a flat out 'produce x amount of goods' badge. I think the two main factors would be, 1. where to draw the line on the amount needed. And 2, how many badges should be required on the map. As for the players, how many of these badges they could make will vary greatly depending on there play style. Those that lean towards catering in the tourneys probably have higher level t1 factories for there chapter. Thus making the badge a little bit easier to obtain when compared to those that go military four tourney. I myself go military for tourney. Since the game is about population/culture balance and how we cant have max everything (without special diamond buildings or expansions) the pop/cult gets used towards military and thus something else needs to be cut back to make up for it. For me, that's my factories. I just have unlocked the first advanced scouts of woodelves, chapter 9. My max steel factory level was 19 at the end of chapter 8, and will be 23, when i unlock that in woodelves. But both numbers are kind of irrelevant as a military player, my t1 factories are on lvl 16 and i don't see that changing any time soon due to pop/cult demands. - Point being, ppl in that situation will have harder times making a bracelet badge due to lower production of goods. For me personally, wiht the goods enchantment running, starting the day with collecting a 9h over night and running 3h all day, i can only obtain about 1 bracelet a day.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
(had to post in two posts. To many characters)

But i still think the badge idea is a good one. It just needs to be balanced a bit more. Yet at the same time, i like the idea that different play styles would be better at some badges and less at others, while other play styles would be the reserve of what they can do better in. Maybe considering re-balancing the Bracelet badge along with the Army badge. Caterers would be better at making bracelets but can still make armies. While fighters could be better at making armies but can still make bracelets. I think if balanced right, that could make an interesting dynamic. (Unless your in a unicorn fs that has all 25 players using the same play style.)

Badge number re-balancing: Long time over due. Glad to see this done. A much more balanced approach to badges needed as opposed to a million of one badge, and 2 of another. I would add that i would further like to see the re-balancing reflect those badges that are going to have much less being made due to limitations such as the residue and bracelets.

So overall i like the direction its heading. Work and adjustments need to be made but i think the new FA landed its feet on the right path. Of course there is the standard wish list that's been there every FA. Like a tab or drop down menu on the FA badge that would show the FS's total current badge numbers. (Total, not by player). That would help ppl plan out and adjust strategies on the fly. Because not everyone reports or reports accurately. And of course, the ability for the arch/fa mage to block off certain way-points/cross roads if they are not to be done. There is often a few that never pay attention and go off path in FS's that arnt doing 'everything'.

Random thoughts:
Id like to extend/rearrange what has been done with the factory badges. I like the idea of only having two 'produce specific time' badges and one 'produce xx amount of goods' badge. I really do. A lot more simple and less stress. But i would like to see it changed to having the 1 day necklace and 3h flacon badge along with the 'collect xx amount of goods'. I like the idea of having the longest and shortest badge only. Keeps over all badges down still, but allows a good time option for those that need/can do different time tables.
(And yes, im purposely discounting statues. Iv never liked 2day badges. Fa's are a short amount of time, and noone wants to make statues during the fa unless there trying to get out of needing to be there for a while. Id happily see them removed instead.)

I would also be interested to see this line of logic applied to the workshop badges. I think that could be interesting.
Either keep blacksmiths/brewers as the longest and shortest time production, or blacksmith/carpenters with still a large time variation but a variation that would match the factory time badges i suggested above. And add a 'produce xx amount of supplies'.
Or course the same issues i mentioned for Bracelets would apply to the workshop 'gain x supply' badge. So some tweeking would be needed.
But i think it would be interesting to at least try.

Laochra

I have several culture prizes that make T1 goods & I was happy to find that those productions were included in my bracelet making, so I didn't seem to notice too much of an issue with them myself. Some of my FS friends commented that the quantity required was a bit annoying. Our only hangup in all FS was the Residue. My Ceravyn FS has completed all stages of the FA everytime we have played, until now. We got stuck on the orange path one waypoint away where it was demanding 54 (?) residue. We had opted for the orange path, because of the amount of statues required in Green.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I have several culture prizes that make T1 goods & I was happy to find that those productions were included in my bracelet making, so I didn't seem to notice too much of an issue with them myself. Some of my FS friends commented that the quantity required was a bit annoying. Our only hangup in all FS was the Residue. My Ceravyn FS has completed all stages of the FA everytime we have played, until now. We got stuck on the orange path one waypoint away where it was demanding 54 (?) residue. We had opted for the orange path, because of the amount of statues required in Green.
Thats an error to be corrected next time ;)

Iamaita

just wait untill you hit the mystery buton and get 500 diamonds ;)
Oh, I do love that mystery chest, and I try to get it as often as possible. But there is a difference between always keeping the MA busy by choosing the best item from each random selection, and using time boosters to craft Everything that comes up because you are trying to make vision vapor. And if you have bad luck getting catalysts in spire or with the options you have to craft, you run out of catalysts and start burning through relics in a hurry.

@Dominionofgod, I agree with everything you just said.

Iyapo1

But there is a difference between always keeping the MA busy by choosing the best item from each random selection, and using time boosters to craft Everything that comes up because you are trying to make vision vapor.
Yes. In the first case you are looking at the items being crafted as the goal. In the second case you are looking at opening the mystical object as the goal.
Oh, I do love that mystery chest, and I try to get it as often as possible.

Opening the mystical object as often as possible means using speedups to craft everything to make VV.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod, I agree with everything you just said.
I should print that out and frame it!
Actually, what you should do is edit your post to say "I am the greatest" and then print and frame the comment.

This is why I never say "I agree" without a direct quote... I don't trust y'all....
That is a damn good idea'

I have one friend, a girl i met in a mmorpg game. Became friends irl, tho long distance. Weve talked for many years and such. Always arguing/debating each other. Naturally i always win, tho she would never admit it ;) lol. Or to be more accurate, Almost never admit it.

One single time, in a text message, she came as close to admitting i was right as you can get without directly stating that. And i mentioned that i should print that out and frame it. - It took almost two long years of waiting (i couldnt afford to do it the first year), but eventually i actually was able to print that out in real photograph quality. Framed it up in a fancy looking frame and wrapped it up and mailed it to her as a birthday present.

So if you were wondering the type of person i am.. lol... i think that gives a good idea lol

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
oh yea! An almsot glitch in the FA i noticed (and sure many other did too). When doing the tourney and you reached enough to complete a badge, what ever type of badge it was, the square quest icon on the left of the screen often didnt change to the bright green check mark to let ppl know that somethings been completed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
oh yea! An almsot glitch in the FA i noticed (and sure many other did too). When doing the tourney and you reached enough to complete a badge, what ever type of badge it was, the square quest icon on the left of the screen often didnt change to the bright green check mark to let ppl know that somethings been completed.
And when it did change the green checkmark went away real quick. Shouldn't it continue to be there until you hand in?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

No, not a glitch or bug, rather an odd programming choice. Some badges seem to have priority over other badges, which means if two badges get added to, but both are not completed at the same time, the priority system determines if you get the check mark or not. This has been there the entire existence of the FA, but it hardly ever got noticed before because there was only one badge overlap, between the wand badge and the factory badges, where you could complete one of the four factory badges, but not get the check mark because the wand badge was not also completed.

And when it did change the green checkmark went away real quick. Shouldn't it continue to be there until you hand in?

That is this odd priority thing again. The game registers a badge completed and then registers another badge added to, but not completed, so the check mark goes away because of the incomplete badge.

Pheryll

Set Designer
That is this odd priority thing again. The game registers a badge completed and then registers another badge added to, but not completed, so the check mark goes away because of the incomplete badge.

I do not think it is priority as much as it is last badge updated. Granted that when you complete a tournament province several badge activities are triggered occuring in a defined order (with the activity for ghost in a bottle occurring last), but the last badge activity determines whether a green check mark is displayed or the question mark.

Iamaita

Yes. In the first case you are looking at the items being crafted as the goal. In the second case you are looking at opening the mystical object as the goal.

Opening the mystical object as often as possible means using speedups to craft everything to make VV.

So... I guess I don’t mean as often as possible. And I should have said arcane residue instead of vision vapor. I am usually a little more patient about things during normal game play than I am during a timed event. I try to be strategic with what I choose to craft. Do you just craft every item every 6 hours? I definitely cannot sustain that with the resources I have been able to get. So if you have found a way, please let me know. And if there is a whole post somewhere about doing that, point me that way. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do not think it is priority as much as it is last badge updated. Granted that when you complete a tournament province several badge activities are triggered occuring in a defined order (with the activity for ghost in a bottle occurring last), but the last badge activity determines whether a green check mark is displayed or the question mark.

Yes, there is a defined order, which does not seem to match the list. I observed plenty of times that the badges did not update in the order they are listed, which is the problem people are having with this. I thought it was a simple top to bottom, but noticed it was not when I added to the hat, marbles, and ghost, but did not complete all three at the same time.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yes, there is a defined order, which does not seem to match the list. I observed plenty of times that the badges did not update in the order they are listed, which is the problem people are having with this. I thought it was a simple top to bottom, but noticed it was not when I added to the hat, marbles, and ghost, but did not complete all three at the same time.
Last updated as in last in time, not last on list.

Iyapo1

Do you just craft every item every 6 hours?
I am not there yet, but almost. My largest city is in chapter 5 so...still working on it. I will not craft the RRs ever(blueprints are worth more intact to me). I will not craft anything that requires relics. I dont have enough CCs to craft PPs and I will generally let the valors, orc nests, merchants, and sawmills go. Other than that, I craft it because my goal is the 500 diamonds in the mystical object. I have won it 4 times total across 3 cities.

To maintain my habit I have to tournament hard (need more relics) and top the spire(CCs and Spell frags). I just planted 3 library sets when I tore out my FA slum, their impact on my habits has not sunk in yet but I should be able to add PPs to my regular craft list soon.

I blame the Elf King. I saw the below post and ask a few questions and started walking that way. I dont think there is a full thread on it.

I stay around 20,000 fragments and between 40 and 50 CC (ran out once due to lack of dust relics) because I craft almost everything. I craft timers just to use in the academy so I can craft two or three things in the rotation.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
No, not a glitch or bug, rather an odd programming choice. Some badges seem to have priority over other badges, which means if two badges get added to, but both are not completed at the same time, the priority system determines if you get the check mark or not. This has been there the entire existence of the FA, but it hardly ever got noticed before because there was only one badge overlap, between the wand badge and the factory badges, where you could complete one of the four factory badges, but not get the check mark because the wand badge was not also completed.

That does have a logic to it. There have been times where i finished a badge but didnt want to collect it right away as i wanted to finish the last bits of what i was doing. But i dont want to do that blindly. So the check mark showing up for the first, and then dissapearing after i colelct something else does have a use. - That being said, the check mark in the tourny during this new FA either didnt show up, or disappeared so quickly that half the time i never saw it. And thats an issue. I got in the habbit of checking every every encounter so i didnt miss something.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I am not there yet, but almost. My largest city is in chapter 5 so...still working on it. I will not craft the RRs ever(blueprints are worth more intact to me). I will not craft anything that requires relics. I dont have enough CCs to craft PPs and I will generally let the valors, orc nests, merchants, and sawmills go. Other than that, I craft it because my goal is the 500 diamonds in the mystical object. I have won it 4 times total across 3 cities.

To maintain my habit I have to tournament hard (need more relics) and top the spire(CCs and Spell frags). I just planted 3 library sets when I tore out my FA slum, their impact on my habits has not sunk in yet but I should be able to add PPs to my regular craft list soon.

I blame the Elf King. I saw the below post and ask a few questions and started walking that way. I dont think there is a full thread on it.

I have 2 accounts I actively play.

On 1 my main I craft every per food, every combat building and every large time boosters, if neither of there are there I make the small time booster.
This is slowly draining my spell fragments.

On my second account, I just craft to craft. (level 2 academy)
I have collected 8 libraries so far. and I craft every recipe with a ratio of 1 vs 3 vapor or better, and the 10 cc for 29 vapor.
I use time boosters all the time, and I still got 6000+ hours spare lol (counted it this FA)

so it depends on your needs my second city is just for fun, and the diamonds are a nice addition to my main.
I play tournaments ~1600 points, spire to the top and I just craft like a madman.

and most importantly this FA I was a good supportive city for my fellowship as now I can just help out instead of whacking my city for lvl 1 buildings

Low maintenance but fun.