• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Iyapo1

Already the top fellowships are reaching the Bottomless Pit with several days of just plonk-plonk-plonking of Items to keep their ranking position
So, since top FS can reach the pit in less than 2 full days, why not just limit the FA to a three day event? Saving them pit woes and preserving their rank?

Oh wait...I forgot, most players are not in top FS

Last edited:

StarLoad

One day more or less will not change the " top fellowships are reaching the Bottomless Pit with several days of just plonk-plonk-plonking of Items to keep their ranking position " but 1 extra day will allow smaller Fellowships the chance to complete stage 3, that would have run out of time.

I see this as a positive and let the top Fellowships plonk the pit all they want, until INNO decides to fix that issue too ...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Already the top fellowships are reaching the Bottomless Pit with several days of just plonk-plonk-plonking of Items to keep their ranking position - this requires one to be tied to the computer most of the day, and with an overload of FA’s already, this is really just more of what we don’t need!
Incredibly selfish perspective Jack. I'm disappointed in you.

neeronie

Are you saying there are people who don't do this?
[/QUOTE
In all things, there is a "risk vs. reward" factor to consider or to put it another way "return on investment", to be considered. I am Archmage in two fellowships, one has many players that are new to the game and they are excited about the Fellowship Adventure without concern about the "prizes". The other has many seasoned players, and they came in 14th in the last FA, this time they are doing 1 path for each stage, just enough to get through it without any excitement at all, actually some, myself included, are annoyed by it and don't care what is offer. There will be another and another and another, event, FA, event, FA, event FA................ They are no longer special if they happen in a continuous stream.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Incredibly selfish perspective Jack. I'm disappointed in you.

I am equally disappointed with your comment.
There is nothing selfish about the stuff I post on the Forums. I run the biggest fully-independent Facebook group for Elvenar - where I spend 4-6 hours a day talking with players and helping them.
The points I raise in the forums are always based on the feelings of ordinary, entrance-level players with whom I have constant contact - and I post them here for attention of the game designers, to give balance to the opinions of the geeks and gurus of the Forum who are not always in contact with the 'ordinary' player's feelings and needs.

Although there are many players who cannot get enough of the FA's because they love them, there is a large body of players who feel that we are being subjected to overkill. Black Forest Chocolate Cake with cream and cherries is a lovely treat every now and then - but if you have it too often you will grow bloated, bilious and obese.
Same with Fellowship Adventures!
Ideally we should be having one lasting six days every three months, which would suit most players. If one is a dedicated ArchMage, one needs to be at the computer screen for the whole of the FA to guide and mentor the group, which I do with love and no resentment. But it means that I do not sleep properly that week - and I am not alone in feeling that doing that once every twelve weeks is fun - but at present the numbers of FA days is steadily growing, due to the need to have extra FA's to provide Artifacts for Evolving buildings.

Increasing the FA from seven to eight days is adding even more extra FA days to the calendar - and I do not see how it is selfish of me to point that out; it is not just me; there is consensus on this from many of my 6000 group members.

I might add that the 4-6 hours that I spend on Elvenar every day without fail, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall - including personal text messages and Messenger calls to explain things to those who are struggling - is unpaid; I do not get a penny for it. And I live on a fixed income of about USD 7000 a year which has to cover rent, medical, transport and food for me and my cat - and Internet and computer costs too, which are not low.

Your comment is, I believe, off the mark - I do not see how any of my relationship with Elvenar can be described as 'selfish'.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I run the biggest fully-independent Facebook group for Elvenar - where I spend 4-6 hours a day talking with players and helping them.
The points I raise in the forums are always based on the feelings of ordinary, entrance-level players with whom I have constant contact - and I post them here for attention of the game designers, to give balance to the opinions of the geeks and gurus of the Forum who are not always in contact with the 'ordinary' player's feelings and needs.
Arrogant and condescending much?
Perhaps you could encourage these players who have [so obviously /s] given you permission to speak for them to simply ignore a feature they dislike in the game. As opposed to encouraging them to have you incessantly request a feature be removed/scaled back/whatever, thus denying it to everyone?

I have the exact opposite experience from yours. One FS is casual players, lots of smaller cities. Many play for fun, socialization and build for esthetics instead of efficiency. That FS loves the FA and has a great deal of fun with it. The other FS has those geeks and gurus of whom you speak with daily players, minimum tourney points & structured expectations. Though participation is not mandatory, they approach the FA efficiently with a clear structure to obtain the most benefit with the least disruption to daily game play that allows any interested players to obtain the rewards from all 3 stages. The first FS will welcome an additional day; the second one will simply ignore it as the stages will be complete and the pits represent diminishing returns on investment.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Already the top fellowships are reaching the Bottomless Pit with several days of just plonk-plonk-plonking of Items to keep their ranking position - this requires one to be tied to the computer most of the day
The points I raise in the forums are always based on the feelings of ordinary, entrance-level players
These are both quotes from you, aren't they?
Your comment is, I believe, off the mark - I do not see how any of my relationship with Elvenar can be described as 'selfish'.
Let's see...
  • Normal (average) players and fellowships are absolutely not reaching the pit with several days to spare.
  • So, asking for the FA to be shorter helps whom? Top fellowships.
  • What kind of FA fellowship are you in? A Top FA fellowship.
  • So who does your suggestion of a shorter FA help? You.
That seems like you are advocating for a selfish change to me...

Iyapo1

There is nothing selfish about the stuff I post on the Forums.
You are absolutely right. Usually.

Take a deep breath. You know you are appreciated and respected on this forum. Go re read the post that is getting you push back. It was.... well yeah! That does not make you a bad person, just sleep deprived!

I am in 3 FS. One is pushing for the top, plunking paradise. One is going for black lotuses(a lot of members just left orcs) piddling plonking. The 3rd is determined to finish and with an extra day I think we might plink a few times.

Risen Malchiah

Well I for one appreciate both @Jackluyt and @SoggyShorts as they both bring valuable insight to the game. If there was ever a contest where players can nominate someone to get free diamonds, those would be my first two. Heck, if Inno really wanted to transform this game, both for the endgame player and to make it more intuitive for new players, they should HIRE these two as developers. :) Then we can still keep @MinMax Gamer in our trenches as our secret weapon to dissect the math of it all.

LutherTheHairy

I am a leader in a Chap IV and earlier 15 regularly active members fellowship (maybe 9 of us participating in the FA).

We have no chance of completing stage 3, and the extra day is neither a plus or minus really. It will let us fill a few more waypoints and get a few more bragging rights points (I note we are in the top 200 and closing on the top 100, which surprises me...)

If Inno wants their developer team online when it ends. that is fine by me. I am enjoying this game, they have provided better customer service than I have maybe encountered ANYWHERE online (including retail merchants) and the game is nearly free for me. I am all about doing what they think is best for their business.

neeronie

I am equally disappointed with your comment.
There is nothing selfish about the stuff I post on the Forums. I run the biggest fully-independent Facebook group for Elvenar - where I spend 4-6 hours a day talking with players and helping them.

Although there are many players who cannot get enough of the FA's because they love them, there is a large body of players who feel that we are being subjected to overkill. Black Forest Chocolate Cake with cream and cherries is a lovely treat every now and then - but if you have it too often you will grow bloated, bilious and obese.
Same with Fellowship Adventures!
Ideally we should be having one lasting six days every three months, which would suit most players. If one is a dedicated ArchMage, one needs to be at the computer screen for the whole of the FA to guide and mentor the group, which I do with love and no resentment. But it means that I do not sleep properly that week - and I am not alone in feeling that doing that once every twelve weeks is fun - but at present the numbers of FA days is steadily growing, due to the need to have extra FA's to provide Artifacts for Evolving buildings.

Increasing the FA from seven to eight days is adding even more extra FA days to the calendar - and I do not see how it is selfish of me to point that out; it is not just me; there is consensus on this from many of my 6000 group members.

I might add that the 4-6 hours that I spend on Elvenar every day without fail, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall - including personal text messages and Messenger calls to explain things to those who are struggling - is unpaid; I do not get a penny for it. And I live on a fixed income of about USD 7000 a year which has to cover rent, medical, transport and food for me and my cat - and Internet and computer costs too, which are not low.

Everyone should feel free to express their view, pro or con, on topics raised in Forum. It helps conversation move forward if the response to their point of view is a different point of view, fine. If the response gets personal, it is no longer speaking to the issue. Name calling should be avoided.

hvariidh gwendrot

you can ignore the pit for days and days, it's easy .. you don't even have to collect badges or you can have a contest for most unclaimed badges or you can do the pit .. those are just riffing off the top of my head and 4 choices already

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think many people are looking at the pit the wrong way.
Lower level cities are not being punished because the cannot compete in the pit.
It is there to give the higher ranked FS's something to do.

Kind of like the new tourny bonus chests. But let's not start discussing whether they are worth it here.

DeletedUser4731

This poor soul, feels like the FA's are coming too fast and this one is too long, if Inno wants there staff online when it finishes then they should simply start it on a different day than a Monday, I liked the Thursday start and it finished mid-week ( support staff on hand) . The pit is an endless useless drivel........ my whole FS hates it, not just me...lol

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You are absolutely right. Usually.

Take a deep breath. You know you are appreciated and respected on this forum. Go re read the post that is getting you push back. It was.... well yeah! That does not make you a bad person, just sleep deprived!

I am in 3 FS. One is pushing for the top, plunking paradise. One is going for black lotuses(a lot of members just left orcs) piddling plonking. The 3rd is determined to finish and with an extra day I think we might plink a few times.

Careful, he's likely to edit the post and then half the points look like they're based on nonsense.
Yeah, I really don't need the extra 18 hours or whatever, I find it has helped no one but those in and around the time zone of the game developers. Perhaps they ought to relocate for the duration of the Adventures, so the time is more convenient.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
As I have mentioned elsewhere, my Khel Fellowship is four members strong. Two of us were uber active and pushing the FA. We completed one path in two stages. Even with the extra day, the number of blacksmith and statue badges needed are fearsome. I just wish that they had tiers in the ranking. I'd happily be in the toddler room to compete against like fellowships.
I don't mind the extra day. I had it in my mind that the FA was starting this week.... I simply lost track of the days. I didn't push with diamonds and neither did my fellowship bud.

It would be great if there was an 'easy path, average path, and advanced path'... the point values could be a difference with a 'bonus chest' for completing the average path and two bonus chests for the advanced path.

At the end of it all, after reading the recent conversation... just like with anything else in the game, if you don't want to plonk and mark time with the bottomless pit (which I have reached once or twice .... not a fan) then stop playing at that point or don't push. As with the quests for events, you can just ignore it. It's not a mandatory thing anymore than tourneys or the spire is.

@Jackluyt since you have such a big group that goes to you for advice and expressing concerns... if they need a fellowship... I've got room in Rebels and Misfits on Khel. Level means nothing... just participation and a decent attitude. I don't mind chippy, snarky, gritty misanthropes so send 'em my way!

edited to add... I wish that there was a way to save badges.

Last edited: