• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a link to our EPL Spreadsheet for the next FA which will be here soon, based on the original by Terriann Banister.
https://tinyurl.com/yxw6spch
You are welcome to copy and use this!

125152734_10218019177451630_3836110786617043489_n.jpg

The full event notes are here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/2763619473900032

The FA Master File is here:
https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Im on the live servers, so the new fa hasnt started here yet. But by looking over the changes, i can definitely see the developers attempt to listen to player feedback.
A change over of the badges to be able to do a lot more even if a player doesn't have much room for any new buildings; which has always been a main point of complaint by many ppl.
As well as a more evenly distributed amount of badge requirements across the table instead of 150 of one and 2 of another.

So i certainly see the attempts to improve here. Im sure it will need some tweeking as they try it out, but its a great step.

The one potential issue i do see, some may not care for, is the addition of the t1 24h and 48h into the pit. We didnt like the idea before (and thankfully they wernt in there) and i doubt many will like that one now. - Tho it may slow down the top fs or two on each server that goes nuts and has everything finished in the first 20 seconds of release.

Blind Squirrel

A couple of things:

1) As the AM, I have two designated "FA Mages". I would like the ability to mark Player A and Player B as "FA Mages" and roll everyone else to Fellow in one click, and then an "Undo" feature at the end of the FA that remembers what their previous rank was. It saves me from having to manually change 20+ people and finding a way to remember who was Ambassador & who was a Mage.

2) As the AM, I would like the ability to either a) designate the path and ONLY that path is available to my FS or b) I would like the ability to MOVE High Value Badges (such as Bracelets, Necklaces, Statues & Farmers, Blacksmiths) when invariably someone dumps them on the wrong path. It's painful to see someone dump 10 Statues on a badge we'll never complete. I steer and communicate the best I can, but there's always someone who forgets which path we're on. (We've ALL done it - even me!)

3) I'm not in the Beta, but from what I've seen here and on the Wiki, it looks like I'm going to like the changes. The last 2 FA's, my little 200+ ranked FS finished 40th and 44th. We've added a couple of higher level players so I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
2) As the AM, I would like the ability to either a) designate the path and ONLY that path is available to my FS or b) I would like the ability to MOVE High Value Badges (such as Bracelets, Necklaces, Statues & Farmers, Blacksmiths) when invariably someone dumps them on the wrong path. It's painful to see someone dump 10 Statues on a badge we'll never complete. I steer and communicate the best I can, but there's always someone who forgets which path we're on. (We've ALL done it - even me!)
I also AM and would like that ability. But as you refer to, players sometimes get impatient and dump badges on waypoints other than your primary path. But I think it is important to be flexible in such situations. If a player dumps some of the "hard" badges on a waypoint then it is often worthwhile to finish the waypoint off, even if that was not in your original plan. Mind you this assumes: 1. you care about overall fellowship rank and want your FS to score high and 2. your FS can afford to do extra waypoints and still complete all 3 stages.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
My FS usually does all of Stage 1 and 2 but gets a bit selective on 3.
But even with a fairly disciplined group, no matter how many times in chat and messages or FA boss says, "Do not put any more on blue" You'll look at blue and see one or two people wasted some smiths that could have seen better use.

Just saying, for those who get frustrated at wasted badges. Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us.
And even though ideas like being able to lock paths sound nice, I have doubts they will happen. I suspect the devs would think it makes things too easy and would counter the goal of forcing teamwork.

BrinDarby

wow posted in the beta thread, didnt know this 1 exsisted......

Eliminating 15min , 1 hr workshop badges & 3 & 9 hr T1 runs , basically forces me to
play on 1/2 production... As I also said in the beta thread, # of hrs is too skew'd to long
productions

Lets take level-3 .... and just for comparison assume 1 player with 5 workshops.....
5min = 10 per badge = 50 minutes
3hrs = 2 per badge = 6 hrs ( I think Inno goofed and this should be dbbl )
9hrs = 2 per badge = 18 hrs
24hrs = 1 per badge = 24 hrs ...... These will stay constant....

Yellow Path : 1505.5 hrs
(69) x 50 min = 57.5 hrs 3.8%
(35) x 6 hrs = 210 hrs 14.5%
(26) x 18 hrs = 468 hrs 31%
(32) x 24 hrs = 768 hrs 51%

Blue Path : 4124.16 hrs
(17) x 50 min = 14.16 hrs .3%
(35) x 6 hrs = 210 hrs 5%
(46) x 18 hrs = 828 hrs 20%
(128) x24 hrs = 3072 hrs 74.4%

Green Path : 2381.16 hrs
(35) x 50 min = 29.16 hrs 1.2%
(34) x 6 hrs = 204 hrs 8.5%
(34) x 18 hrs = 612 hrs 25.7%
(64) x 24 hrs = 1536 hrs 64.5%

In ALL 3 cases the % of the total time cost was skew'd to the long runs.
All those ppl that log alot and/or rely on short runs are SOL.....

I understand why each path had different total # of hours need'd, to balance
out with other catagories.... but this is dumb.... and it screws all those ppl
that enjoy spending time on the game and/or rely in short production runs
to maximize thier output.

3.8% is the most for the 5min badges... thats basically 1 player outta 25, whereas
74.4% is 17 of 25 players ..... for the 24 hr badges ( Yellow Path )

I guess Inno-Games expects 70% of all players to be the ......
Log once a day and spend 15-30 min, then logg off each day .........
Why not 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% , @ the very least ????????

Vasrana

And if there's no stacking, then spending a 15, 20 or 30 kp instant is a waste when used for Wonder Society badges.

Without stacking, the end result is the same, just with more unnecessary clicks. We still have to plan what we're making and participate as a group. If I have 50 little workshops cranking out toolboxes, I still get 10 badges. So why is it necessary to make me stop after every set of 5 (hopefully without overcollecting by accident), open another window, claim the badge, close the window and then resume the next collection, repeated 10 times? The only drawback I can see with stacking is that it could make the goods portion of the spell badges inconsequential. For all other badges, stacking actually makes more sense.

With that said, this seems to be a vast improvement over the previous cycling experience. Still seems tedious, but much less so than before.

Another possible issue is now we'll also have to keep in mind how many of each thing we've already collected so we don't overcollect. I can tell that I'll be opening that window constantly to double-check how many things I still need before collecting from the workshops.

Vasrana

And if there's no stacking, then spending a 15, 20 or 30 kp instant is a waste when used for Wonder Society badges.

Without stacking, the end result is the same, just with more unnecessary clicks. We still have to plan what we're making and participate as a group. If I have 50 little workshops cranking out toolboxes, I still get 10 badges. So why is it necessary to make me stop after every set of 5 (hopefully without overcollecting by accident), open another window, claim the badge, close the window and then resume the next collection, repeated 10 times? The only drawback I can see with stacking is that it could make the goods portion of the spell badges inconsequential. For all other badges, stacking actually makes more sense.

With that said, this seems to be a vast improvement over the previous cycling experience. Still seems tedious, but much less so than before.

Another possible issue is now we'll also have to keep in mind how many of each thing we've already collected so we don't overcollect. I can tell that I'll be opening that window constantly to double-check how many things I still need before collecting from the workshops.

Think of the smalls. Sometimes it is difficult for them to collect even 1 Wonder so if you used 10, only 1 small might not have a chance. My opinion.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Here is a link to our EPL Spreadsheet for the next FA which will be here soon, based on the original by Terriann Banister.
https://tinyurl.com/yxw6spch
You are welcome to copy and use this!

The full event notes are here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/2763619473900032

The FA Master File is here:
https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h
The link doesn't work for me. It says it may be broken but takes me to a facebook page anyway, I don't see the file anywhere. I'm not really a facebook user so it may be staring me in the face.

AJ

Deleted User - 4646370

wow posted in the beta thread, didnt know this 1 exsisted......

Eliminating 15min , 1 hr workshop badges & 3 & 9 hr T1 runs , basically forces me to
play on 1/2 production... As I also said in the beta thread, # of hrs is too skew'd to long
productions

Lets take level-3 .... and just for comparison assume 1 player with 5 workshops.....
5min = 10 per badge = 50 minutes
3hrs = 2 per badge = 6 hrs ( I think Inno goofed and this should be dbbl )
9hrs = 2 per badge = 18 hrs
24hrs = 1 per badge = 24 hrs ...... These will stay constant....

Yellow Path : 1505.5 hrs
(69) x 50 min = 57.5 hrs 3.8%
(35) x 6 hrs = 210 hrs 14.5%
(26) x 18 hrs = 468 hrs 31%
(32) x 24 hrs = 768 hrs 51%

Blue Path : 4124.16 hrs
(17) x 50 min = 14.16 hrs .3%
(35) x 6 hrs = 210 hrs 5%
(46) x 18 hrs = 828 hrs 20%
(128) x24 hrs = 3072 hrs 74.4%

Green Path : 2381.16 hrs
(35) x 50 min = 29.16 hrs 1.2%
(34) x 6 hrs = 204 hrs 8.5%
(34) x 18 hrs = 612 hrs 25.7%
(64) x 24 hrs = 1536 hrs 64.5%

In ALL 3 cases the % of the total time cost was skew'd to the long runs.
All those ppl that log alot and/or rely on short runs are SOL.....

I understand why each path had different total # of hours need'd, to balance
out with other catagories.... but this is dumb.... and it screws all those ppl
that enjoy spending time on the game and/or rely in short production runs
to maximize thier output.

3.8% is the most for the 5min badges... thats basically 1 player outta 25, whereas
74.4% is 17 of 25 players ..... for the 24 hr badges ( Yellow Path )

Why not 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% , @ the very least ????????
I think if a FA were asking for 500 hours of brewers with 5 workshops (that is, 500 hours/50 minutes = 600 brewers) many FS would stop the FAs. Who wants to spend 20 hours over a week making 5 minutes cycles ?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
70%-once-a-day is a bit of an exaggeration, but I think you're at least right that Inno thinks 70% or more of us (I think probably 90%+) have essentially zero interest in clicking workshops every five minutes. If I had to make more than half a dozen brewing badges over the course of the FA, I'd probably elect not to participate.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just want to double check with those who also have active Beta cities. While my T1 boosted is Planks I can use Marble for the Necklaces & Statues? I have several Fellowship members who are already going that way in preparations.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just want to double check with those who also have active Beta cities. While my T1 boosted is Planks I can use Marble for the Necklaces & Statues? I have several Fellowship members who are already going that way in preparations.

Yes, anyone can use the smallest level 1 building they can build, so marble for humans and marble or planks for elves.

BrinDarby

@PaNonymeB ,
You quote me talking about 15min/1 hr runs, and then use 5 min runs.....
I said kill the 5 min, so why mention that... I agree more than 1 hr of 5min runs
gets tedious , but 15 min runs aren't a prob 4 per hour, thats about the same time
as it takes my residences to hit early collect.... ya know when you run outta coins/tools
and need more...... so NO 5 min, and YES 15 min, but still .....

on the T1 side, you make less than (3) 3 hr runs, if you do the 24 hr which now is the
shortest time after you do what statues ( 48 hrs ) you need....... So when you need full
production +MM spells @ 3 hrs ( which also means your MM lasts for 4 runs )...
Noooooooooo, you are forced to take a 50% cut in production because you're usually
doing 5-6 3hr runs per day.... so just screee that bracelet badge all to heck.....:mad:
you take an even bigger hit while doing the 48hr ones....

Yes I am saying it will take all 25 ppl spending 2-3 hrs a day min to get all the badges....
not 20 ppl playing once a day, and the other 5 playing 24/7 ......

Did noone @ Inno notice that the works badges aren't even graduated right ????
shudn't it be 50, 20, 10, 5 ???? not 50, 10, 10, 5 ..... ?????

if you're gonna eliminate 4 possibilities..... eliminate 5 min / 1 hr works and
12hrs / 48 hrs for T1 ...... that leaves 15min, 3hr, 9 hr, 24 hr works .... and
3hr , 9hr for T1 ( what genius came up with 9 hrs anyway, shudn't it be 8 hrs
so that 24 is both divisable by 3 & 8 evenly , for production harmony )

Inno didn't address I guess, unused badges in the pit, nor does it seem that
waypoints should also have prizes, but which workshop/T1 production time
best fits the FA format was NOT achieved with the current changes....